Transformers : Dark of the Moon – Robo Fighters Roadbuster

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Abyss Convoy, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Abyss Convoy

Abyss Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Roadbuster, to put it mildly, has a serious dislike for Decepticons. He is well armed and always willing to take on the biggest and baddest bots that Megatron sends his way!

Another member of the Wreckers, Roadbuster! Although they had little screen time in the movie, the Wreckers are my absolute favorite. And this time, I am reviewing Roadbuster in his Robo Fighters form. I know it’s a toy for kids, but you will be amazed how surprisingly this toy is fun for kids and adults like me! (lol)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Packaging will be standard for most kids toy like the activators line, which I totally hate. Thankfully I’ve gotten mine before it was put onto shelves and get mangled by children. And do you realize that most of the titles are trademarked? And I don’t think this line will last till all Wreckers are released which I will would totally die for. Who knows if the deluxe class will have all the Wreckers in scanned form. (The fully armed Nascars) I really like how the packaging looks, I would love to get another piece to keep it as MOC. But let’s see if it’ll get any cheaper in the future.

Push the Autobot shield downwards to deploy the missiles on the back and extend the minigun on Roadbuster’s chest.

Read more to see it in action.

Time to snip the wires and release him!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See how detail this figure is? Even if it’s a simple toy, there are plenty of details. From the intake manifold on the back, suspensions on the midsection, gears on the forearms and the roll cages on his legs. I am very surprised that everything is sculpted nicely instead of just having dull gray un-sculpted plastic like we have in the past. (Anyone remember the Power Bots?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Articulation is very simple, this is a figure that I’ll just pick up and play when I’m bored. I’m totally fine with it, no detachable parts, falling pieces etc. This is already a fun figure.

Head and shoulder swivels, and ball jointed hips. You read that right, “Ball Jointed Hips”.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just push the Autobot shield downwards and the missiles on the back of the shoulders will deploy. The chest panels will tilt upwards and the chest cannons will be extended. This would be excellent if there is lights and sounds, but that will raise the value of the figure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’m actually quite tired of how Hasbro is teasing us with the release of “Scanned” and Pre-scan” Wreckers toys, for example will be the Cyberverse series. They had Roadbuster and Leadfoot in scanned form and Topspin in pre-scan. Then we had scanned Topspin and Roadbuster in regular Nascar mode. I know Human Alliance Roadbuster and Leadfoot are in scanned mode, but what if Hasbro released Topspin as a regular Nascar car?

Till the next review!

You can check out The Impulse Nerd for more reviews!

2. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool review, Sir..

As much as we (the "fans") bitch, moan, complain, praise, and patronise some of the standard line transformers, I have to say that one thing Hasbro has done RIGHT is making TRUE, FUN, toys for lil' kids. I really feel they do an excellent job presenting the TF product to ALL AGES.

My son is 3. he has most of the gravity bots, and some FABs. The gravity bots are just excellent kids toys, and my boy loves them sooo much. he has had the gravity bots for a while now, and they STILL work perfectly. These will be great toys for my son as well.

I think this figure looks great, and looks like alot of fun. I wouldent buy this for me, but I would buy it for my boy, and im sure he would love it.

Once again, I just want to give credit to hasbro to opening up the transformers line, to lil' kids to get them involved in the stuff that we like as well, and in turn, cements future customers to the Hasbro Transformers line.

I think the next kid TF toy I get for my boy with be those robo fighter. I havent seen any reviews yet on them, but if they are like rock em sockem robots but smaller, me and my son would enjoy them for hours, and THATS, is what its all about. Making lil kids happy with chunks of plastic.

Good job Hasbro, and good job Abyss Convoy for bringing a lil review like this to the boards, when alot of this GOOD kid product seems to get overlooked by the collector crowd. Reviews like this, make me wanna go out and try and find Roadbuster for my son....and that leads to fun for us. FUN.....with my son, and transformers

3. Abyss Convoy

Abyss Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is already a fun toy for me to toy around, if it can do so much for me. I have no doubt that kids will love and appreciate it more than I do!