Transformers: Cyberverse Episode 9 Available on Hasbro’s YouTube

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AzT, Oct 28, 2018.

1. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

Shadow Striker has a railgun for a sniper rifle. Niiiiiiiiice!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. longhaulsub

longhaulsub BULL IN THE CHINA SHOP

Damn some of these episodes are great. Better than the damn movies.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok there are two things I'd like to talk about from this episode.

1) I love the use of "Sweet Solus Prime" it seem like a Transformers equivalent to "oh Marry mother of God" and I like what that adds to Transformers and the "religion" even if it's not deliberate on the part of the writers.

2) WTF are they thinking letting and enemy soldier go like that. For fuck sake you don't have to kill her but by Primus take her in as a POW.

• Like Like x 2
  5. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm glad they do this show the way they do where it's a little in present day but most seems to take place in his memories.....this version of "radio voice bee" is probably the worst one yet.

shadow striker being a frankenstein's monster kinda thing is interesting...i wonder if she'll get a warrior figure...and i wonder how compromised by the gimmick it'll be....

i still hate the voice they're going with for grimlock...it just doesn't work for me in the slightest

• Like Like x 1
  6. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    Dang, Shadowstriker\'s backstory is pretty dark when you think about it, I like it. Getting blown up and Shockwave stitched her back together using parts from her own men under her command... that\'s intense. I also really like her railgun sniper rifle and dual daggers. Another nice episode to be sure, I am really digging how much this series is focused on backstory during the war on Cybertron. I still can\'t get used to Grimlock\'s voice but hopefully we\'ll get an episode focused on his backstory soon. I have a feeling it will seem very similar to a certain G1 episode where he became super smart. Maybe even combine it with elements from the Fall of Cybertron game where Shockwave captured the Lightning Strike Coalition Force and experimented on them turning them into Dinobots. Hey, I can dream. His gun is interesting I must say, though ity was a missed opportunity to make it based on his traditional blaster.

• Like Like x 2
  7. maurice

maurice Well-Known Member

Men bumblebee is really evil..that\'s worse than Megatron ripping out his voice box.
    Hurting them all and having them be put back together again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Grimlock's G1 blaster is a featureless black gun, the kind of that you forget what it looks like everytime it's not on-screen. This one is an improvement in making a visual impression. A bit more memorable all around.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Slatersev

Slatersev Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What? Non lethally incapacitating two dudes getting ready to help execute your boss and then shooting back when someone else shoots at you and who had just before tried to stab you in the face is not "evil".

Also its not "them" being put back together, just ShadowStriker, she specifically says she was remade with "what was left" of the other two.

• Like Like x 1
  10. maurice

She purposely didn't shoot the energon, he did, so not hitting the dudes earlier didn't really matter as he hurt them then. So yes pretty evil. If a Decepticon would have done the same you would have called it evil too.
    And she only has like an arm and a leg and you see them in episode 10. So he put them back together after. Maybe with other parts and had her as a priority. So yes, "them". I mean he even put two heads on one body so he can probably put anyone together.

• Like Like x 1
  11. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Finally caught up on all eps. Are they really only playing one new 15-minute segment per week? That's lame.
    That said, I'm liking this way better than RID--there's much more depth and the writing is tighter because of the time crunch. I also dig the format so far of catching up in the present day then filling in with bits of Cybertronian history. I'd still like to see a show start in the past and move forward through the war, but I guess that'll need to be saved for a Netflix/streaming show. This show is a delight and the art is growing on me.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Slatersev

Slatersev Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh. Dude, that flashback to Maccadam is before the war. That's literally the entire point of the scene. Like, do you think Soundwave went to a bar with a bunch of Autobots and just took off his Decepticon logo to dance?

lmao what a weird lack of basic comprehension.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Depending on who your tv provider is, some are farther ahead with their services. Usually going up in batches of 2 or 3 at a time.
    Like some of us have access to seeing the next 3 episodes already. (Maccadam's, Sabotage, and Teletraan-X.) I've been lucky with my provider in that way of being able to watch them two new episodes at a time.

The Hasbro Youtube uploads go one a week though. They have to wait a set amount of time after it airs per agreements, with CN getting first dibs on their site, to then airing, to then Hasbro's youtube.

• Like Like x 3
  14. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Thanks for the info. I'm tempted to watch online but there's something special about catching it on Saturday or Sunday morning, even if it's on DVR.

• Like Like x 2
  15. maurice

I know it's before. You don't have to mean Instantly.. Just stating it cause there is a reason they put characters there even it's a Flahback. You have a lack of being decent to others.

• Like Like x 1
  16. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    Another great episode. And, the voice acting was generally perfect. I think Prime was still so-so, and Shadow Striker’s earlier lines are a little sped up, but those are my only complaints.

I still look forward to when episodes are less disjointed and more fully diegetic, but segmentation and flashbacks was more natural and necessary here.

And, of course, it’s a new series, and there needs to be room for introduction. But, a cast of two and a runtime of ten minutes makes for a kind of claustrophobic experience. So, it’s baby steps as Cyberverse picks up speed, and Bumblebutt defrags his head.

I still think a more balanced Grimsy would be something more like The Hound/Sandor Clegane in GoT, and we may yet get that assuming oppositely that his brain gets frazzled by the crash landing.

I also could see Grimlock working in a Jurassic theme park, having been reactivated and playing along with being a very advanced and animatronic dinosaur. It might then follow on from Roberts’ Grimlock, perhaps, but without any of torture at the hands of Scorponok.

And, Grimsy’s gun kinda reminds me of the Cerebral Bore from Turok, though I’m sure there are other rotating guns from other media—or history—that might be more apt.

17. Deadend

News Credits:
    I've been watching them On Demand and DVRing them. Then sometimes rewatching them on youtube via Hasbro. Like the MaCadam's episode I'm definitely going to rewatch when they UL it. That one's goooooooooood.

It transitions soon. Sabotage and then Teletraan-X begin the wider story transition. Some really good stuff in those episodes, so I won't spoil, but the story begins picking up more steam forward.
    We also get more allusions about the unnamed bot in Terminal Velocity.
    Shockwave really has a hate for Wheeljack. It's almost borderline obsessive.

• Like Like x 2
  18. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    I’ll start by chiming in to add that I also dig the exclaiming of “Sweet Solus Prime,” and I’d be curious to see if other Primes or Titans are alluded to similarly. And...

That makes perfect sense, but I pity ‘Jackie if he has to actually face off against Shockers.

I’d wager Jetfire or FoC/PD “Heavyarms” Perceptor could directly best Shockers on strength and combat prowess alone. But, Wheeljack is the Autobot wise guy who’d need some tricks to beat Shockers in a fight.

But, of course, it’s Shockwave’s usual flaw that his vaunted “pure logic” is actually myopic obsession, so tricking Shockers might be easier than it seems. Maybe it’s something about one eye causing a lack of depth perception.... nevermind that he’s probably plugged into all his drones and can see from every direction, yeah yeah, etc. etc. But, it doesn’t matter if there’s still the slight chance of setting Shockers into a frenzy.

And, that obsessive quality reminds me of Mesothulas/Tarantulas in Sins & Requiem of the Wreckers. Thus, I could easily see Siege’s Super Shiva Shockwave with four legs, or maybe even way more if combined with his drones, and generally looking like a Boss Monster from a FromSoftware game.

Oh, and one more off-topic thing, actually...

I just noticed F.S aren’t developing Daemon x Machina. :/

What A Cartoon Conundrum! I don’t doubt that it’ll be good, but there’s something funny about it. Though, of course Ollie Barder at Forbes comes up first when Googling for DxM and AC, and he explains that the leader producer for Armored Core is on DxM.

Then again, given that AC has faded a bit, it’s probably for the best to revive the designs under a new IP and studio.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Deadend

News Credits:
    Wait for next week's episode then. xD
    But it and Sabotage seem to hint at a lot of interesting details between those two. Seems more "personal" which is why Perceptor isn't really in the mix as yet. But it definitely foreshadows some interesting chemistry between the two for later stories and flashbacks when we get to exploring the wider characters later.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dark Prime

Dark Prime Ware Wa Oof Nari!!!

YouTube (Legacy):
    It\'s time to stop!