TRANSFORMERS CYBERVERSE Chapter 1 Episode 16: The Extinction Event

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by janeDoe001, Oct 15, 2018.

1. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Description: The newly formed team of Autobots must stop Shockwave from destroying all life on the planet.

Airdate: Nov 4 (Canada)

Link: Transformers: Cyberverse (Animated)

jD001

2. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Episode is on Demand.

The seekers go to meet Shockwave and Shadowstriker at the space bridge. They come through on a ship. When they arrive Shockwave reveals he plays to destroy all organic life on Earth due to the seekers’ incompetence in controlling the planet. Thrust and Acid Storm go with Shockwave, the rest go with Shadowstriker.

Grimlock shows the Autobots around his base for a bit. He talks about how his detectors never picked up anything from space other than the asteroid. Looking at the monitors, they now see the ship and wonder what it is. Teletraan-X reveals its a ship that splits in two, and will go to both poles to disrupt the planet’s magenetic polarity or whatever and kill everything.

Grimlock transforms and they debate how to deal with this (whether to split up or not, etc.), before Teletraan-X says they don’t have the time to reach the South Pole ship, and only need to stop one ship anyway.

The get a cargo jet from somewhere, and Teletraan-X flies it with Bumblebee and Grimlock cramped inside while Windblade flies alongside it. They reach the North Pole, where Shadowstriker’s team is. There’s some tension from Shadowstriker towards Slipstream as she tries to help out (at one point Shadowstriker’s replacement arm isn’t working right). Windblade shows up on the monitor and Slipstream and Nova Storm go out to fight her.

Then Bumblebee shows up on the monitor doing a dance, causing Shadowstriker to go out in a fury, leaving Thundercracker on the ship. A bunch of Shockwave’s mini-spider things surround Thundercracker and creep him out.

Everyone fights outside. Shockwave contacts Thundercracker and tells him to adjust the beam, but of course he has no idea how to do that. Then Grimlock and Teletraan-X enter and quickly defeat Thundercracker, followed by the mini-spider things. Teletraan-X tries to shut down the ship but it’s too late, so Grimlock stomps repeatedly to destroy it that way.

Outside the ship explodes. Grimlock and Teletraan-X make it to the jet and start it. Bumblebee is being chased by Shadowstriker in vehicle mode. He drives toward the cargo opening and Grimlock helps him in. Shadowstriker grabs onto the end of it, but again her arm fails her and she falls back down to the ground. They leave, and the Decepticons tell Shockwave that the plan failed. He says it did, but he has another plan, and we see one of his mini-spider things is on the cargo jet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Anyone else appear outside Shockwave, Shadow Striker, and the five-man goon squad Slipstream leads?

EDIT: For Decepticons obviously

4. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Nope, just those 7

5. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

Thundercracker is that one kid or coworker we all know. The one who just isn't with it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. maurice

maurice Well-Known Member

I love all them seekers hope they get to win some more in next episodes :) 

7. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Actually what I'm most excited for next episode....

Who is on the Ark and who wakes up first

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Indie Musician, Scumbag Jesus

Shockwave is definitely shaping up to be one of my favorite takes on the guy. His single eye was really expressive this episode. Combined with his talented VA I really was able to feel his contempt for the Autobots and his subordinates alike.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Shadow striker has a sword that looks like primal's sword

10. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Indie Musician, Scumbag Jesus

It's not a sword, 203, it's a macheté.

11. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Watched it. Grimlock is a total treat now that he uses his altmode.

And poor Shadow Striker. I want her captured by the Autobots so Ratchet can heal her.

• Like Like x 1
  12. johndoe4880

johndoe4880 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i have direct tv and you can already see up too the ep 16 witch is of the king of the dinosaurs witch i didn't like that much still pretty cool ep though

13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime The first Decepticon the Fallen Megatronus Prime

It was an OK episode but the whole extinction event thing would of had more weight to it if we had actually seen any signs of life in this series. It looks like Earth is already a dead planet for most of the series. There's only been one human in all of 16 episodes.

And I thought Prime looked dead when most episodes took place in empty deserts, forests, the arctic and other such uninhabited areas. This series is full of evidence that humans exist but no actual humans to be seen.

Side note, how come this is the only episode without a ratings poll? It's a 4/5 for me.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  14. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

It looks more like a Kukri to me.

15. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:

I'll say. He's kind of embarrassing. Its like he got a personality switch later on and his voice is just...no.

16. maurice

maurice Well-Known Member

He's great. I really like his voice. Hope they give him more love in season 2