Transformers: Cybertron- Actuallyworth something in the secondary market?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Corbet, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

I've been scouring ebay looking at some Cybertron figures I missed and came across quite a few auctions where Cybertron toys sold for twice their price!

Leobreaker - Auction ranging from $80 - $120. Why was this so hard to find?
    Megatron - One auction, for some reason went for $80. Others went for $50 and some even went below the MSRP, yet I can still find him in stores around here?
    Mudflap/Jetfire - This auction had both figures and went for $140
    Scourge - Another one that seems to go for over $80. Hell, a loose one is currently going for $75. I think there are some still around here.

Small leobreaker - One of the smaller 4.00 transformers, this goes for anywhere between $20-40.

Why are these so rare? New Transformers have been known to severly go to discount come the end of the toyline yet these are still worth something?

2. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    even Galvatron's pretty pricey..60-80 bucks on ebay.

I really don't get it either lol

3. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mudflap? really? I think I have seen...thousands of those around here.

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

yeah maybe because cybertron is the best line of the A/E/C trillogy

5. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

^^After further investigation it was Jetfire that made the price so high. He's still available around here also.

6. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ahhh.

Still amazing though. I had heard of Scourge and Leo fetching high prices, and now Jetfire.

Well all three of those figures have had repaints, which are all going for far less than their original releases

7. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe that Christmas is to blame. Stores are low in stock of certain items in certain places. If your little kid really wants a Leobreaker for Christmas and the last 3 Toys R Us stores that you went to didn't have any, you might assume that it's like that everywhere and pay quite a bit for it. Most parents don't know what these items should cost or if they will be available after the holidays, so they shell out the big bucks. We at tfw2005 know that even if your area is out of Mudflaps, someone else's has plenty and some online places have plenty, but we eat and @#$% Transformers. Most people don't.

8. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    I am completely baffled by this as well. Leobreake I can kinda understand (he was never common around here), but Jetfire and Scourge were EXTREMELY plentiful though most of the first 8 months of the line, as was Megatron and even Galvatron (hell, I can still find a Galvatron at a store here)

I have never seen this phenomona before, especially on figures as readily available as Scourge and Jetfire. I'm wondering if we aren't seeing the beginnings of "speculator" buying of Transformers in preparation for the new move, a vast majority of this is NOT parents, especially not when repaints are readily available at retail

9. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad I got these the first time around. I thought about passing on Leobreaker, but I id the same with Energon Beachcomber, and still don't have one- settled for Cliffjumper.

-Tony!

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think this explains it pretty well.

11. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

Just went on a mini toy search (Wal-Mart, Meijers, K-Mart), I came across 1 Megatron, 1 Galvatron, and 1 Jetfire. Granted, the packaging wasn't in the best shape (Galvy was practically ripped open), but they're still available in some places.

12. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

End of line jitters + Christmas/Holiday hunters flipping out or not wanting to have to go hunting in stores. As much stuff as a lot of people have going on this time of year, its probably worth it to them to spend an extra $20, $30, or more in exchange for not having to hunt and hunt and hunt for one measley item or to disappoint the recipient. Just look at new game console prices.