Minor/Repaint: Transformers custom Beast Wars Action Master Megatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by mandaci, Sep 16, 2017.

1. mandaci

mandaci Member

Facebook:
    Transformers custom Beast Wars Action Master Megatron + Package:

2. grimlockprime

grimlockprime Well-Known Member

what am i looking at?this paint job is terrible.there is no rhyme or reason to it besides the fact that the paint is just plain sloppy

• Like Like x 2
  3. I honestly hate Overlord

I honestly hate Overlord I'm gay for Sunstreaker.

Agreed, this needs a better paint job, also why did you turn a transforming action figure into a action master?

• Like Like x 1
  4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I won't bash on his paint or work as l have no knowlwdge of his level of skill.

But l would like to hear your insights, thought processes and goals with the custom. Perhaps that way any critique can be taken constructively and open a dialog where we all might get soemthing out of the discussion.

• Like Like x 2
  5. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

Wow... That was pretty mean. We don't know how long this person has been customizing and obviously they are proud enough of their work to show it off. We all started off somewhere and you can't tell me that your first custom figures were masterpieces.

While it's one thing to be brutally honest, a little constructive criticism can go a long way to actually helping someone get better with learning and honing their work/skill.

6. Botch421

Botch421 Cries and screams are music to my ears

Looks good... the music makes me wish I was born deaf however

7. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sheesh. There's constructive criticism and there's being a jerk. It isn't even a fine line.
    Plus, something about "sins and cast stones" comes to mind.

ANYWAY...
    Yeah, the thought process behind the custom would be nice. It really doesn't seem like killing the transformation was necessary.

• Like Like x 2
  8. grimlockprime

grimlockprime Well-Known Member

no my stuff was not,but having someone actually point it out can actually help.and that criticism was far from mean.we got a music video with no explanation of what went into this custom.
    and this is why i dont comment on other people's work.im not a jerk and i dont appreciate being called one for making a simple and fairly benign comment.i didnt call it garbage or that it looked like %##$.ive sent praise where it is due on customs when it is deserved.this was not that instance

9. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

Given the creativity with the painted packaging, this is clearly intended as a piece of postmodern art.

This is not the custom as a more-accurate portrayal of the character, but as an art piece to evoke an emotional response. Within that context, I quite like this piece. It's certainly refreshing.

10. Massdestruction

Massdestruction Instrument of Destruction

I need to agree with current assessments on this custom. I too looked at the paint and thought WTF?. I have no idea where they were going with this custom or how this paint scheme makes any sense. Is it an ancient decay type of paint scheme like with the TLK ancient knights? The main problem is that we don't know. The poster just joined TODAY and started by posting 6 customs with no description or explanation in any way. Add to that the fact that the posts are edited music videos about the customs and that adds to the confusion.

And I too had some harsh criticism on my paints when I first started. At times it hurt. But what can out of it was my working even harder to improve. I honestly would not be at the level that I am had the comments not been so harsh. Had people been "nice" about my first customs, I would have never felt the need to improve.

11. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought the same thing when I saw the OP's several custom threads. They're kinda like the Vader Project where artists used a blank Darth Vader helmet as a canvas to express their creativity, except the OP in this case used Transformers.