Transformers Crossovers Spidey?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimus_Prowl, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    The car version that was just released. Has anyone picked him up yet? If so how is he? I'm curious as to the quality of him because he looks more like a deluxe than a crossover figure. Is he worth the 16.99 price point?

The main reason I'm asking is because he looks like he'd make a great Hot Rod custom. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Either the legs on mine are somehow misassembled, or after 25 years of playing with Transformer toys, this thing has stumped me. In bot mode, I cannot make the legs look like they do on the packaging... the wheels are on the inside of his legs, which looks like crap. The ony thing I've been able to do is pull the legs off at the thighs and switch them when transforming him.

Could be something I'm overlooking, I suppose, but I've not been able to figure it out. The instruction sheet shows the legs a certain way (wheels on inside of legs) until the final frame of the instructions, where the wheels are now magically on the outside, with no explanation of how they get there.

3. Optimus_Prowl

News Credits:
    Waist rotation then rotate the legs?

4. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 
    That's EXACTLY what I would have said to someone who posted what I did. But no, I tried evey possible variation on that. I'll try to post a scan of the instruction sheet in the next day or so. It's quite a compelling little enigma.

5. Optimus_Prowl

News Credits:
    So other than that conundrum, do you think he's worth the price tag?

6. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, he's very solid and the transformation is pretty unique. I recommend it more than most of the previous Marvel crossovers.

7. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here we go... at the completion of the final step in the process, the toy is in the condition shown. The decorative red on the hips is to the front, and the wheels are on the OUTSIDE of the legs
    [​IMG]

In the picture of the completed spidey mode, the wheels are shown on the INSIDE of the legs. The only way to accomplish this is to turn the whole waist around, leaving the screws in the hips and the codpiece visible (which is what's shown in the final step of the instructions, strange as it sounds).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, you cannot rotate the hip joints around either, as the legs will not point fully down if you do so; there's a piece that prevents it. The only way I've been able to achieve the correct look (waist facing front and wheels on inside) is to remove the legs and reattach them to the opposite hip. Weird.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      243.6 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      246.7 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      332 KB
      Views:
  8. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    the drawing shows the screw holes in the waist, so by rotaiting the waist and having the screw holes in front is aparently correct, dunno dont have the toy

9. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

The thighs or the knees don't rotate?

Looking at your pic, I'd swear the thighs rotate below the hip. I'm sure that you'd have checked this, but is it possible that they're really tight?

EDIT: nevermind, I was basing it of a pic that I just realized had the groin backwards too.

EDIT 2.0: According to tfwiki.net, the instructions are more-or-less useless and don't even mention extending the knees for double jointed goodness. Which means the instructions could be omitting all sorts of steps (like twisty knees).