Transformers Crossover: ya know what would rock?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheCuddlyDevil, Aug 6, 2008.

1. TheCuddlyDevil

TheCuddlyDevil Well-Known Member

If they made more. Not specifically Marvel.

I only have two ideas that I think would rock. First, Batman. Think about it, he could turn into that Batmobile from the movie. or the old classic one if they want. second, Cloud. Yes, from final fantasy 7. He could turn into his bike "Fenrir".

Cmon, who's with me? Any chance of this happening?

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i like the batman idea, with the Batpod as a batarang! that would rule so hard!

3. TheCuddlyDevil

Yep, it would. I already know that Hasbro can do cross-overs with Marvel and Starwars because they have the rights to make the toys, but I wonder what the possibility is of expanding?

For those who don't know much about Cloud and his bike. YouTube - Bicycle Race - Queen - Cloud & Fenrir

Of course, he'd come with his signature sword, which I forgot the name of :s he could also come with other swords. Awesomeness.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'd love to see a Batman Crossover figure, though I'm not exactly sure they could do it. Actually, if they could, I'd love to see a couple different Batman figures (different batmobile and suit combos), a Robin or two, a Joker, a Penguin, a Two Face, a Harley Quinn, a Mr. Freeze, and an Alfred. Though I'd be happy enough with at least one Batman.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bat-Mechs would be kewl, though sadly unlikely given the current status of the DC/Batman toy license.

Seems a lot of people would like to see GI-JOE/Cobra vehicle "Crossovers", though probably fewer want them to TF into robotized versions of Joe characters.

6. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'd love a Hisstank Optimus Prime ala the Devils Due GI Joe vs. Transformers.

7. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    It would be cool to see a Crossover Batman who transforms into the Batmobile. but we probably won't see one unless Manttel makes its own transforming toy line. I think if there's one Crossover Batman, it would be a shellformer, with its robot mode cape covering it into its vehicle mode :D 

8. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

I don't think FF7 strictly would work. Sure you could make a fenrir/cloud with his buster sword, you could make a Cid and his Airship (pick one), but that's pretty much it.

However, if you opened it up to all FF's, we could get a Cecil/Lunar Whale, Cid/Enterprise, Vaan/Strahl, Squall/Car (hey, he does use one), Tidus/Airship, and so on and so on.

But it's a horrid idea.

9. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

i strongly dislike all the crosovers... sorry, i just do

10. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

I dislike the crossovers as well. They should stay as their respective lines...not amalgamate them into some heinous abomination. That's just my opinion.

HOWEVER....if hasbro did produce a 20" Galactus that transforms into Unicron...I'd have to grab that instantly. My favorite comic character merged with my favorite toyline...yeah I'd get it

11. TheCuddlyDevil

Wait wait. Do you dislike the cross-overs because the current figures aren't that great or do you just dislike the whole idea behind it?

12. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

I like the crossovers.

But FF TF's would be a BAD idea

13. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

Hmmm.

Doctor/TARDIS
    Dalek/Robot?
    Sontaran/Battlesphere

14. the_scientist

the_scientist Well-Known Member

Guys, come on. I can't believe nobody else has said it yet...Pokemon! Think about it. Pikachu could transform into a pokeball and meowth could turn into a hot air balloon. ....I'm joking of course. But a transforming hot air ballon that turns into a robot would be all kinds of cool.
    I have to agree on the not liking the crossovers. Marvel seems to have a better look but Star Wars bot modes just looked awkward. Only thing I would want would be a Doctor/Tardis and a Deadpool/Scooter(you know you want one too).

15. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

Well, whatever crossovers you name here can't be any less exciting/awesome than DC vs Mortal Kombat. I mean, what the fudge is with that? There's just... what's the point? This is one of the things that manages to avoid being anything you could call "awesome" just by the half-assedly chosen concept alone.

But fantasy-oriented Transformers would be an interesting and less observed an idea though. The closest thing to come in when it comes to aesthethic is Vector Prime but that's it for me.

16. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

I already have a pickachu that transforms into a poke ball...

17. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only one I would buy is if they made a Dr. Doom in the Marvel line.

18. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

G.I. Joe vehicles that turned into Transformers Characters.

Seriously, Rolling Thunder Prime? Dominator Megatron? How have these things not been made yet?

19. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I'm all for the transformers crossovers gi joes myself, though if they can't make them actual Autobots and decepts like the comics, I'd say just hope the engineering is still near the comics for the ones applicable with new ones for the vehicles not in comics and have the heads of the same types as the corresponding universe or other toys (same balljoints, or type of peg etc, including amount of room for transformation to still work). Or those could be the SDCC/Botcon/Joecon exclusives or something like that.

Then collectors can either have just Joe Mechs, or TF Joes as their own choice. Then again they could always just sneak them into universe. =D New head sculpt for snowcat with a better more accurate paint app. Universe Bulkhead, that looks like one of the many Green APC like vehicles from GI Joe. Universe lockdown as a Destro Destroyer. Etc.
    Ooooh, or the two fliers from Bruticus being Joe/Cobra planes or shuttles. Or the other aerial bots. G1 Botmode, Joe/cobra vehicle. They about managed it with silverbolt fairly well (the G1 bot mode I mean). We can always order the needed stickers from reprolabels to give it the correct faction symbols or custom ones. etc.

Just leave Cosmos as his normal self though please, his alt mode is iconic.

Hmm, indiana Jones TF's could be interesting though. Albeit a bit weird in some instances. But a few WWII vehicles with German Helmet bot modes would be neat. (Blitzving's Brigade xD)
    Simpsons would simply OWN if they could do them. (I'm going through the list of what hasbro has on their site as their brands xD).
    Toy Story with Buzz Lightyear would be different, Disney is listed, so a stitch (lilo and stitch) one would be awesome if they could.
    Hannah Montana into microphone... No really please don't.
    Mickey Mouse, winnie the pooh, my little pony. (GOBOTS make a come back xD)
    Spongebob. Okay that one's overboard.
    Battlestar Galactica I like the idea of. Stargate would rock too if they could (it's not theirs).

Dungeons and Dragons could be interesting as well. Gloworm's would just be funny.

Personally, I'd like to see some Speed Racer ones, or He-man ones, especially if hey made a Hordak mech. Terminator and Predator/Aliens would be neat too. Even Megaman/X/Zero/EXE/Starforce could prove interesting. Einhander and other video games as well, like Halo etc. But since they can't do those. I'd just be happy with Zoids as a crossover instead. =D

Someone else beat me to it but, the T.A.R.D.I.S. Why hasn't a police box been done yet? That'd just rock so much! I also wouldn't mind a few select Trek TFs. And some actual Marvel vehicle ones too (ghost rider's bike, fantasticar, quinjet, shield helicarrier, Manga Marvel Avengers Mech).

20. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

Standalone, I guess the figures would be fine...I haven't really looked at them closely.

I just dislike the whole idea behind them...I read some comics on occasion, and used to be in the thick of the comic shop maybe 10 years ago, so I'm familiar with the characters.

Obviously, I love transformers

To me, amalgamating them together is just a strange concept that doesn't work...being familiar with the comic characters and the tfs...knowing the backgrounds and histories of both, i can't really rationalize a figure that literally combines them into one...there's no story behind it (i.e., like a comic, cartoon, whatever) aside from the figure bios...just seems like there's no rational aside from blatant marketing and profit taking (we participate in that everytime we buy figures, but when we buy figures, for the most part, we think of the utility value/personal value we see in the figures...we don't think of the marketing, etc.)