Transformers: Convergence

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by daftBlUE, Apr 8, 2011.

1. daftBlUE

daftBlUE Another donut!

Note: this story is set in the TransTech universe, so everyone has techno-organic vehicle modes. In the story, Cheetor is the head of the reformed Maximals, now called Autobots.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheetor Prime stood in a large, round chamber, facing three other beings.

"Masters of Truth, why would he choose to return now?" he asked inquisitively.

"We cannot govern the dead, Cheetor Prime." one being said. This being was unusual, as he did not have any eyes. The one on his right had no audio receptors, while the one next to the other had no mouth. "In my visions, he told me that he would return to lead the Autobots once again. Nothing we can do will change this fact."

"I see. An what do you expect me to tell the other councilors? I doubt they'll believe that a dead Cybertronian will return again." Cheetor replied mockingly.

"We are certain the other councilors will listen. They believe as much as we do." the blind one said. "Now, please leave, Cheetor Prime."

"Yes, masters." Cheetor Prime obeyed, transforming into a sleek sports car and heading for the exit.

"He is still sceptical." the blind one said to his companions.

"No matter. He will eventually come to light." the deaf one replied.

The eerie, purple light of the energon lit up Rundown's face as he and a comapnion, who wished to remain anonymous, sat in a small energon cafe. Rundown took a swig of the energon, his three green eyes fixed on the small disk his companion was holding.

"So what's on that disk anyway?" Rundown asked, his gruff voice penetrating the silence in the energon cafe.

"Something that your boss needs." his companion replied.

"And you can't give it to him yourself because..." Rundown said.

"Idiot. I'm an Autobot. I even try to give it to Megatron myself and his assassin will kill me if I even kiss his foot armor." the other one replied angrily.

"Right, sorry." Rundown apologized, downing the energon and extending his hand for the disk. "I'll take it to him for you."

"Then you'll give me the coordinates? And the access code?" the other asked intently.

"Sure thing." Rundown agreed. "Just be back here tomorrow at the same time."

"Excellent." the other said, smirking happily.

A futuristic jet dove down a long tunnel before landing, transforming and kneeling before another, much more regal looking transformer. "My lord Megatron, it is done. Councilor Blackarachnia has been taken care of." it said in a snide, cold voice.

"Well done, Starscream. Good to see you haven't lost your touch." Megatron replied in a deep, booming voice. "We have managed to silence one councilor, but it's not enough. We must still take care of the others, as well as Cheetor Prime himself. Then we, the Decepticons of this age, will initiate a new order under our command."

A cry of "All hail Megatron!" was echoed across the room until Megatron raised a clawed hand to stop the clamoring.

"Thank you, Decepticons. Our time will come soon. Once we have what we need from the Masters of Truth's chamber, we will be able to conquer Cybertron easily." he lowered his voice slightly before concluding "I am thankful for you all for remaining loyal to me."

The cheering continued as Megatron lowered his hand and stared at a gigantic Cybertronian body that looked familiar to anyone who has studied ancient Cybertronian history. "Look at what we've accomplished." Megatron whispered to the body. "One way or another, I will stop your return, Optimus Prime."

2. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What. The. Hell. Good opening!

3. daftBlUE

daftBlUE Another donut!

Inside the Masters' chamber, an Autobot knelt before the Masters.

"Have you managed to determine who the reincarnation of Optimus Prime is, Masters?" the Autobot asked.

"Yes, we have." The blind Master replied. "By interpreting my visions, myself and the other Masters have discovered the identity of the reincarnation."

"And... who is it?" the Autobot asked intently.

"We do not know his name, but he can be found here." the blind Master said. As he said those words, a holographic display appeared before the Autobot, displaying a sequence of numbers and symbols. "You must find him and bring him here to us."

"But that's on the other side of Cybertron. How am I supposed to get there fast enough?" the Autobot asked.

"A transport will be provided for you and your companions." the deaf Master said. "Now go, Megawatt. And remember, bring him to us."

"Yes, Masters." Megawatt replied, standing up and walking out of the chamber. Outside, Megwatt's companions stood waiting. As soon as Megawatt emerged from the chamber, the most streamlined of the group stood forward to greet him. "Do they suspect anything, my liege?" he asked.

"Not at all, Starscream. Old fools. When I rule, they will be melted down into my throne." Megawatt replied, ripping off his Autobot symbol to reveal the Decepticon insignia. "Come, Decepticons. We have an Autobot to catch." Megatron said.

"It's no use, Panzer." Nitrous said, his T-visor sweeping Blackarachnia's room. "I doubt they'll let us take a look at the body."

"Why would you say that, partner?" Panzer asked, peering out of Blackarachnia's window.

"Well, we're only a Recon team. After anatomy is done with the body, they're going to give it to councilor Silverbolt, so he can give her a funeral." Nitrous stated matter-of-factly.

"How would you know that?" Panzer asked.

"It was on the news." Nitrous replied.

"Oh. Well, I think we're done here." Panzer stated, heading for the door. "We'll let CSI take care of the rest." He found his way blocked by another transformer, who gazed at Panzer through a red visor.

"Are you Panzer of Autobot Reconnaissance division 1984?" the transformer asked in a strangely autonomous voice.

"Yeah, that's me. Why?" Panzer replied inquisitively.

"I am Soundwave. I represent the Autobot council." Soundwave replied in a monotone. "Councilor Silverbolt has requested your presence." It was, of course, a lie.

"Oh, er, okay. Can Nitrous tag along?" Panzer asked. If the council had requested him, he wanted to be with his best friend.

"Nitrous of Autobot Reconnaissance division 1984. He is not required. You will come with me." Soundwave replied, not takin his eye off Panzer. Panzer turned to look at Nitrous.

"Go ahead. I'll finish up here. I'll catch up, don't worry." Nitrous reassured his partner.

"Alright, I'll go." Panzer said, with renewed enthusiasm. Soundwave turned and led Panzer out of the room and down to the entrance. The next thing Panzer felt was a sharp pain on the back of his head, and falling into blackness.

4. daftBlUE

daftBlUE Another donut!

Panzer woke up in a room filled with an unusual assortment of transformers staring at him. He tried to stand up, but realized that he was wearing energy bonds. The most unusual one walked towards him and looked him right in the eye.

"Do you know why you are here?" he asked.

"Well, I'm guessing that it isn't protocol for us to be tied up before meeting a councilor." Panzer shot back.

"You really are stupid, even for an Autobot." the other one spat. "We made that up so you would come willingly. We need you specifically for something."

"Why? Who are you people?" Panzer asked, genuinely curious.

"I am Megatron, and we are the Decepticons of this age." Megatron replied, and at his declaration, the crowd parted, to reveal a modern version of the ancient Decepticon symbol.
    [​IMG]
    "You are necessary for our complete domination of Cybertron." Megatron explained. "Over the course of the great war, only one thing stood in the way of the first Megatron and total domination: Optimus Prime. Now, this is when it gets interesting. Yes, Optimus Prime died, but the Masters of Truth tell me he's come back to lead the Autobots again. From what the masters have told us, we believe he is you."

"Wha...me...what?" Panzer muttered, trying to make sense out of what he had just heard. "So, I'm the new Optimus Prime, right? And what are you going to do?"

"Why, what else? Kill you, and the Decepticons can rule Cybertron." Megatron said in a mocking voice. He drew a plasma pistol from his leg and pointed it at Panzer's head. "I'm sorry for your existence."

5. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:
    First Megatron? Who are these guys?

6. daftBlUE

daftBlUE Another donut!

I meant the original, G1 Megatron. Don't forget this is after Beast Machines, which is hundreds of years after G1.

The Megatron in this fic is just some revolutionary who took Megatron's name and gave some of his followers the names of G1 Decepticons.

7. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:

oh goody, another pretender to the throne.........thanks for the clarification, the way you wrote it I thought it was G1 Deceptions, somehow surviving into the TransTech era !

Will we be able to see the remaining cast from Beast Machines?

8. daftBlUE

daftBlUE Another donut!

We've already seen Cheetor, so I think more is to come of the rest.

And thank you for giving me a very interesting plot point to work with.

9. daftBlUE

daftBlUE Another donut!

A crashing sound drew Megatron's attention. Though he kept his plasma pistol trained on Panzer, he gestured for two of his subordinates to check the disturbance. Nothing could keep him away from achieving his goal now. He was so close now. The sound of his subordinates hitting the floor made him turn and gape in shock. A group of Autobots was forcing their way into the chamber, shooting at as many Decepticons as they could, and not only was councilor Silverbolt at the head, but at the forefront of the group was...

"Nitrous!" Panzer cried out in joy. Nitrous turned and saw Panzer calling for him. Gesturing to two smaller Autobots to untie his friend, Nitrous shot many energy bolts at a cowering group of Deccepticons, who were sent scurrying away.

"How did you find this place?" Megatron howled, shooting plasma bolts at Silverbolt, who ducked expertly around them.

"Ask your friend Rundown. He'll tell you everything." Silverbolt quipped, launching plasma bursts back at Megatron. Megatron deployed a deep purple energy shield that seemed to grow out of his arm. Pulling the nearby Rundown behind it, Megatron glared at him through gleaming scarlet eyes. "What is he talking about, Rundown?" he hissed.

"Please don't kill me, Lord Megatron. A while ago, I made a deal for some Autobot information. It was with that guy." Rundown spluttered, pointing to a sleek, red Autobot punching a Decepticon in the face.

"Imbecile! And what did you give him in return? Answer me!" Megatron shouted.

"Just co-ordinates and access codes, I swear. I got them from your file server." Rundown explained hurriedly.

Megatron went silent, then raised the plasma pistol and fired. Rundown screamed as his head was engulfed in hot plasma. He gave one last sound, which was a groan, then fell to the floor, quite dead. Megatron discarded the plasma pistol and drew from his back a plasma cannon, that he began sweeping the room with, cauing Autobots and Decepticons to flee in terror.

"Fools! Those who betray Megatron shall know wrath unlike any other!" he cried, spewing hot plasma everywhere. Fortunately, almost everyone managed to escape the plasma carnage. Then an energy bolt struck him on the back. Turning, he saw Nitrous, pistol raised, in a defiant position.

"You dare attack me! You shall no longer exist, Autobot." Megatron growled at Nitrous, raising the plasma cannon and setting it to it's highest heat setting. "Enjoy the sensation of burning alive." Megatron hissed, and pulled the trigger.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nitrous waited for the intense heat to sweep over him. It didn't. He hoped the plasma cannon had malfunctioned. It hadn't. Instead, Panzer had stepped in the way of the plasma flow and was, quite literally, taking the heat for Nitrous. Nitrous could only watch as his best friend was burned alive by Megatron.

"PANZER!" he yelled as Panzer crumpled to the ground, blackened and charred. Megatron raised the plasma cannon again, this time aiming at Nitrous.

"I've done it. The Decepticon's destiny is secured. We win!" Megatron yelled to the other Decepticons, who cheered in joy. The Autobots saw this as a sign to retreat, and with Nitrous carrying Panzer's body, they managed to escape.

"Decepticons, victory is ours!" Megatron cried, and "Hail Megatron!" was cried back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Can he be saved?" Nitrous asked, looking at Panzer's body lying on a table.

"It is possible. Though we would need lots of parts and organic tissue to reconstruct this body." the medic wheezed.

"If it'll cost too much to rebuild his body, why don't we think outside the box?" another medic said.

"What do you mean?" Nitrous asked in curiosity.

"It may be possible to take parts and undamaged tissue from this body and transfer it to another body." the second medic explained. "Call it outlandish if you will, but it may work."

10. daftBlUE

daftBlUE Another donut!

Hours turned into days. Days turned into weeks. It had been at least 2 weeks since the experimental surgery began and Nitrous was pining to see his best friend. Life had basically been lonely for him these past few weeks. Of course, the other Autobots tried to make him feel better, but it just wasn't the same without Panzer. This all stopped on one particular day.

Nitrous was sitting at a desk, tapping something into a computer. A messenger had sped into the office and told him that the medical corp had some news about Nitrous. Instantly, Nitrous forgot about everything he was doing and followed the messenger outside. There they both transformed, the messenger turning into a transit vehicle, while Nitrous became a sleek futuristic jet. The pair raced to the the medical corp headquarters, where a tired-looking medic showed Nitrous inside.

"We initially didn't think the procedure would work, but after one surgery, it did, so we performed more, and now your friend is as good as new." the medic croaked. "I can finally get some sleep now."

"Yeah, me too." Nitrous agreed. He was led into a large, dark room, where a second medic waited, as well as an unfamiliar sillhouette.

"Nitrous, it is my pleasure to introduce you to your old friend and a major accomplishment. No longer is he just "Panzer". That name is gone. Now, he has a new name to go with his new look. Reveal yourself, Optimus Panzer!" the second medic announced with considerable grandiose. The lights went up, revealing a familiar, yet different Autobot.

It was definitely Panzer, except most of his shiny green color scheme was gone, and replaced with a bright red. Some of the silver remained, though a blue color had been worked into his bodywork as well. The head was a major change. For one, his usually green eyes had changed to a benevolent blue, and Nitrous couldn't see his mouth because of a plate covering it.

"Nitrous... is that you?" Panzer...no...Optimus asked, his voice a lot deeper as well, staring at his friend, as though awakening from a bad dream.

"Yeah, it's me." Nitrous replied, before striding forwards and hugging his friend. "Look at you. You've changed a lot. How do you feel?"

"Well, I have this wierd urge to knock some Decepticon skulls in, but otherwise I feel great." Optimus replied.

"Hey, why don't we go ahead and grab some oil? For a celebration." Nitrous suggested, barely containing the joy in his voice.

"Good idea. Nitrous, transform and roll out!" Optimus commanded, before remembering that his friend couldn't roll and transforming himself. Nitrous also noticed his vehicle mode was different now. Instead of a large tank, Optimus was now a streamlined car, decorated in blue flames. The pair flew and drove off, happy that they were reunited.

11. daftBlUE

daftBlUE Another donut!

"WHAT?" Megatron bellowed at a cowering Starscream.

"P...p...please, Lord Megatron, don't kill me!" Starscream begged. "I'm only doing my job! The Autobot has been reborn!"

"This is an opposing factor to the plan. We may have to reconsider the variables." Soundwave stated, matter-of-factly.

"Thank you for your contribution, Soundwave." Megatron growled sarcastically. "Not a matter. I shall sort this Autobot out myself. Soundwave shall lead you in my absence." He stood up and began to change shape. It was a lengthy process. Not only were parts of his body twisting and turning to shape his alt mode, but new parts were quite literally growing out of his body as well. When the process had finished, Megatron had become a powerful-looking destroyer ship, that hovered in the air above the other Decepticons, before rocketing through the base and disappearing from view.

"Decepticons, while Megatron is absent we must begin preparations for the Impactor Beam's completion." Soundwave said. "The sooner we finish it, the sooner we can terminate the Autobots once and for all."

"Feels good to drink oil again." Optimus said, taking a deep swig of oil.

"I'd definitely miss this stuff if I was in surgery for a few weeks." Nitrous agreed. "By the way, I was meant to deliver this to you when you recovered." he added, pulling out a prism-like cube and placing it on the table. The moment it made contact with the table, a life-sized hologram of Cheetor Prime's head appeared above them.

"Welcome back, Optimus Panzer. Yes, I am aware of your new designation. This is both a greeting and an order. First off, the greeting. Welcome back. Second, the order. I'm giving you command of a select group of Autobots. You can choose up to 6 Autobots to join you, though I imagine you'd want Nitrous to join you. Thank you." The hologram disappeared as Nitrous looked at Optimus.

"Yes, I want you in this group, not just as a soldier, but as my partner." Optimus reassured Nitrous. "Together, we'll lead the best group of Autobots Cybertron ever saw."

12. daftBlUE

daftBlUE Another donut!

I need to get back on track with this.

13. daftBlUE

daftBlUE Another donut!

Hey, if anyone has any ideas for characters for this fic, be they pre-existing rehashes or a completely new character, post your ideas and I'll take a look.

14. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:
    maybe a bit of a backstory to how the Beast Machine cast became high officials? and the transition from maximal to autobot ?

15. daftBlUE

daftBlUE Another donut!

Soundwave and Starscream watched, hidden, as hundreds, possibly thousands of Decepticons worked to finish their masterpiece. Four Decepticons, roughly identical to Starscream, zipped towards their superiors. "Boss, we just found out where that Autobot zombie is hiding." a blue one said hurriedly. "Turns out he's in an oil shack with his buddy."

"Excellent. Transmit the co-ordinates to Megatron." Soundwave replied monotonously, "Then return to your efforts. The Impactor Beam must be completed soon."

"Yes, sir." a purple one obeyed, and led his cohorts towards the immense structure.

"Not long now, eh, Soundwave?" Starscream said charismatically. "When we fire up this beauty, the Autobots'll get what's coming to 'em."

"You fool, Starscream." Soundwave said. "This is only a failsafe. If Megatron is not defeated, Cybertron will be spared." He turned and walked away from Starscream, who continued observing the building work.

"We'll see." Starscream muttered.

A few hours and several oils later, Nitrous was having to be carried by Optimus. "You know, you remind me of that Optimus Prime fella." he said through a drunken haze.

"That'll be enough." Optimus said, holding his fist against Nitrous' neck joint. A pair of tubules popped out of Optimus' wrist and siphoned some material out of Nitrous' system. Nitrous slumped on the ground and looked at Optimus.

"Did I just do something embarrassing?" Nitrous asked sincerely.

"No, not yet." Optimus replied. "We just need to...what the?" he gasped as he and Nitrous looked up. Megatron was hovering over them, and had all his weapons trained on the pair.

"Die, Autobot scrap." Megatron hissed as he began to fire everything he had at them. Nitrous transformed and dashed into the air to meet Megatron head on.

"This is going to be fun." Megatron sneered.

16. daftBlUE

daftBlUE Another donut!

Sometimes, writer's block can be difficult.

Anyway, to anyone still reading this fic, we're going to learn more about this fic's Megatron, the purpose of the impactor beam, and the nature of Optimus' reincarnation... Promise.