Transformers continued strong UK sales figures in September

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TF@TM, Nov 7, 2007.

1. TF@TM

TF@TM Lucky Draw Collector

News Credits:
    The September NPD UK sales figures have been released now and Transformers continues to sell well especially the Movie Legends figures which makes all four charts (Septembers £ Sales and Unit sales as well as the yearly versions of the same charts). The Transformers Movie Assortment had a strong September though making two of the charts and was number 2 in £ Sales.

The figures are more interesting when you compare Hasbro and Mattels UK advertising expenditure, Mattel made up almost a half of the months ads with Hasbro spending less than 10%. Oh and no Transformers didn't make their top 5 advertised products

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  2. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

Just goes to show you people still like Transformers! Around this area all the movie stuff has been flying off the shelves, thats why i can't understand Toys R us swapping them for Doctor Who no kids seem to buy that garbage!

Anyway lets Hope Hasbro UK take note of this and not mess us around with the allspark powered series some of those figures look awesome!

3. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm not bothered about the allspark power

give me MP Starscream and Universe and i'll havwe no reason to complain

4. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Without wanting to blow my own tumpet or anything but I'm fairly certain I account for 20% of all UK Transformers sales over the Summer.

At least, that what it feels like.

5. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do Transformers ever *get* advertised on the telly over here these days? I've never seen one but I don't watch kids tv.

6. Rotorstorm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i saw quite a few on cartoon network when the movie came out, don't know now, i don't watch anything on tv apart from top gear.

nothing else is worth watching

7. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Tfs toy adverts do come out from time to time on the Sky children's channels, but normally it's just for Prime and Megs figures i think.

Anyways, good to hear Tfs toy sales are going strong still here. I crave more variety in my local toy shops!

8. Rotorstorm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if you want that, that's down to hasbro, they need to stop putting two toys X2 per case. they could have kept up with US releases if they'd done that

9. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    *Sigh* Tis true. Hasbro UK gives UK fans the short end of the stick when it comes to distribution.

10. TF@TM

TF@TM Lucky Draw Collector

News Credits:
    The sales figures tell you why Toys R Us do that, Doctor Who was the number one selling toy in both August and September and the Dr Who 5-Inch Figures are the second best selling toys of the year

11. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    And apparently the projected biggest toy this Christmas is gonna be the maggot alien Dalek Sek head thing. Doctor Who will sell shedloads, especially with the Christmas special.

12. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

Doesn't the movie count as advertising somewhat?

13. Aptom

Aptom Well-Known Member

transformers are sitting at number 5 on argos sales ranked by unit chart. number one is the nintendo ds.

14. tf2003

tf2003 Member

The feature wall (that’s what as employee call it:poke ) changes for summer and Christmas. The summer display is for a move like tf but what goes on the wall depends on the amount of toys being released for the film (to be honest most of us thought it was going to be Spiderman this year:redface2: .) the Christmas one is paid by the manufacture in this case character.

15. Kayevcee

Kayevcee Member

I work at a Toys'r'us in Glasgow (the Helen St branch) and, not surprisingly, filling up the TF feature wall was part of my daily duties when it was there. It needed topped up nearly every day, but even at the height of the merchandise push we struggled to fill all six bays, even putting Classics and Cybertron items up along with the movie stuff. While Dr Who doesn't sell quite as fast as TF does (although it varies from store to store) at least the range is wide enough and we can get enough stock to keep it topped up.

We actually delayed changing the feature wall over for a few weeks this year because TF has been such a massive money-spinner for TRU. The plan was, I suspect, always to go back to Who over Christmas and they had to stick to that- can't say for sure as I am a lowly shelf monkey, but I gather that we (Toys'r'us) don't pay for those big displays and what line ends up there is discussed and decided between manufacturers and TRU high command. TF had to go because Character wanted Dr Who back there.

My shop still sells 2 dozen big Primes a week, though :)  Well, until we ran out anyway :( 

-Nick

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  16. tf2003

tf2003 Member

if your any thing like us your geting about 5 boxes of primes per truck and hasbro uk seems to hate spending money so how tf got on there is any ones guess

17. Kayevcee

Kayevcee Member

Our supply of Primes has been pretty steady, but we finally ran dry last Saturday. I only work weekends while I'm at uni so I couldn't tell you if more have shown up.

For years Hasbro UK was incapable of merchandising anything that wasn't Action Man... then Revenge of the Sith came along. Were you with the Evil Empire of Geoffrey when that was going on? Bedlam hardly covers it. I still get flashbacks whenever I hear the 'lightsaber turning on' noise. Hasbro UK these days is little more than a distribution house, but it seems they can actually do a bit of promotion when they've got movie lines to pimp. Spider-man 3 was by Hasbro too, and chronic black Spidey shortages aside they promoted it pretty well. FF2... not so much, and wisely so I suppose, since it didn't do so hot elsewhere.

-Nick

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Perhaps the Transformers need to go immediately next to the Doctor Who figures in stores.

Has anyone actually seen a European packaging Brawl Leader Class toy in the UK ?

19. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    I am pretty sure the ones I saw being put on the shelves in TRU York on wednesday were european. I must admit that I didn't check though.

However, at the same time as leader brawls were being unpacked, they were also unpacking 'towed to safety' and 'desert attack' twin packs which were certainly european. So I feel safe assuming leader brawl was as well.

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    The one I got yesterday is; it has 12 languages on the box. It's still kind of irritating seeing "Manufactured under license from TOMY Corporation" on the box