Transformers Conflicts

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ThadiusCole, Jul 6, 2012.

1. ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole Autobot

Well hello all, its my first post here and I am not sure if this is the right section, so if a mod can move it to appropriate area that would be great :) 

Anyway I have been working on for a while now on my project I have tentatively dubbed it as Transformers conflicts. Conflicts will (when its finished) be a LCG/CCG game using a playmat battlefield. The rules haven't been set in stone as yet, and I wanted to get the cards finished before I started creating rules.

The Air raid card is a rough idea of stats and abilities, but I stress this is not the final product. the attack/defence/health stats will be changed to symbols rather than written text to save on space. The top left number is a placeholder energon cost to play the card. The rest is fairly self explanatory.

Now many of you will probably recognise the artwork I am using, and yes it shows the bots in their earth form transformations, so suspend disbelief for the combat taking place on cybertron.

These cards are to mainly show off two combiner groups, but I intend to release a "starter" pack for both factions, containing an equal number of Ark and Nemesis characters, and release packs to add to the deck as time goes on.

Obviously all the trademarks, copyrights and the such go to their respective owners and I don't want to make any money off this. I just decided to do this because there isn't a good official CCG out there.

To keep up with future updates please check back at the blog link I posted as that is where any new images will be posted. Thanks for reading.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
  2. Dinobot Scythe

Dinobot Scythe Well-Known Member

Cool. I look forward to playing it. I would love to use the Dinobots.

3. ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole Autobot

No problem, all of the classic G1 characters will be there so rest assured Grimlock will be leading the charge for some players :) 

*Edit*

The attached images are what I got finished today. Apeface has two pictures for both of his transformations, which will be a part of the rules, that if you have all of a characters transformations you can transform as long as you have the card with that form on it. Damage, buffs and debuffs switch to that card. An example would be switching Apeface from his gorilla mode to his jet. All you would do would be to tell the other player you are switching to that mode and move any damage etc. to the Apeface card with the jet on instead.

Many of you will also know that Apeface also forms a headmaster, which will be an attachment card to add to his stats. I thought that would be the best way to handle targetmasters, actionmasters, headmasters and certain micromasters like Airwave. Airwaves base will be an attach card that would give him extra attacks or something along those lines.

Attached Files:

4. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    moving to creative discussion

5. ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole Autobot

Thanks CookSux, wasn't sure where to put the thread originally :) 

Anyway I will be posting more placement cards soon, got 11 more finished today.

6. ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole Autobot

Another update. More finished placement cards (again they are not 100% finished since they need text and names etc.) these are a fraction of what I have completed so far. I am close to finishing 40 or so characters, out of a few hundred.

Attached Files:

7. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

News Credits:
    This is a great idea you got goin here, i look forward to playing

8. ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole Autobot

Thanks :)  The rules are still in a pretty early stage since I just wanted a basic framework to begin framing the cards. But as soon as they are all finished I will be statting and then testing the game.

I will post more images tomorrow or thursday when I have time.

9. ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole Autobot

Been a while since any updates here, but the blog doesn't just deal with transformers. Thats not to say I haven't been busy though finishing more templates. Here are a few of the finished articles.

Yes the last decepticon there is devastator and I have the constructicons finished as well. Other updates will be posted on the blog tomorrow.

Attached Files:

10. ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole Autobot

New update here and this one is for dinobot Scythe as I present my finished placements for Grimlocks Lightning strike team, or the dinobots anyway :) 

Grimlock is so badass he gets two cards and thats not because his image was spread across two pages honest =p Anyway I will have to figure out some rules for using the dinobots as a team and maybe special rules for Grimlock and his T-rex form.

Anyway enjoy these until the next update.

Attached Files:

11. ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole Autobot

Been a while since I updated with more cards. But I have been working hard trust me.

Recently I have been working out the situation with micromasters and whether or not I should even acknowledge the characters as being micromasters at this point. Something smaller than frenzy or rumble trying to kill say Roadbuster would look visually hilarious, so I am not sure if I should retcon them to be around the same size as say Bumblebee so at least they wouldn't look too tiny.

I know micromasters are just another toyline so I guess taking it literally for the card game wouldn't have to be set in stone. I will probably stat them a little weaker than normal cybertronians, but make them cheap to play. Also the combiners will only be able to transform if there partner character is on the field, but they have the benefit of shared health and better stats in vehicle mode. When they return to robot mode any damage the vehicle had will be halved between the two robots.

Anyway enough rambling from me, here are some cards I finished placing. Remember if you want to see other cards I have finished visit the blog listed at in my first post and find any posts titled "Transformers CCG Update" Some will have been posted here, others though are on the blog only.

Attached Files:

12. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

Really cool idea! Can't wait to see the lambo twins!

13. ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole Autobot

A long while until I get to one of favourites (Sideswipe) but I suspect I will get to the S letter transformers in a week or so. They will both be posted here for you Lambotwin :) 

14. ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole Autobot

Hello everyone once again here for another card upload. Recently there has been the rather cool debut of the new transformers card game from Mobage, but that has not deterred me from continuing my work on my own game here. Hell if no one likes it I will still play it :) 

Anyway here are some of the cards I have been working on since august 8th. Again these cards only represent a small number of the cards since my last post. Since the release of fall of cybertron I have been slacking a little but still getting some done when I can.

I will post up more in the next week or so, thanks for looking and any feedback is welcome.

Attached Files:

15. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
    I really like this idea and really like the card designs, if only we could get them like the Igear bio cards, I like the plastic they used for that, so that quality and you designs I would collect them.

16. ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole Autobot

Thanks for the feedback :) 

I had a look at the igear cards and yeah they look pretty sturdy. This game when its finished will obviously be a free download, so I would recommend maybe printing them on thicker paper and possibly laminating them.

These also don't represent the completed card as some character may need to be moved around a little or reduced in size to fit the text. There will be stats for both robot and vehicle mode, along with special abilities for each mode. Special abilities will need to be short and easy to understand, but I hope to make them unique for every character if I can.

17. ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole Autobot

It has been quite a while since my last update here but I have been working hard on new cards during this quiet period. Here are a bunch of Autobot and Decepticons I have finished amongst many others. More cards can be seen on my blog linked in my signature, just search for the "Transformers CCG updates" posts.

Thanks for taking the time to check these out.

Attached Files: