Transformers Comicverse

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by DeluxeRobots, Feb 4, 2010.

1. DeluxeRobots

DeluxeRobots Active Member

Hey all I'm new here,

Does the transformers Comicverse have its own story? or is it Transformers being retold in comic book form?

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    Other than the movie adaptations, the comics are a storyline all their own.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    And on top of all that, there's a number of different comic universes!

There's the original Marvel G1+G2 comic series, which is the same universe, and the additional Marvel UK material, which more or less fits, but not perfectly.

There's also the Dreamwave universe, with separate universes for G1, Armada/Energon, and... technically Beast Wars. There's also two separate GI Joe vs. Transformers Universes one done by DW and set in the WW2-era, and another done by DW and Devil's Due Press.

Then there's the IDW universes, which encompasses the movie comics universe, which synchs up with the movies pretty well, a completely separate G1 universe, and again, the aforementioned Beast Wars universe (its the one I counted as done originally by DW, but never saw a release, etc.), Hearts of Steel, set in the era of steam power... did I forget any? Right, a few Animated comics, which tie into the television series. Any more I'm not remembering?

4. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

As with all things transformers, there's all sorts of different continuities that interact with each other and share elements but aren't the same thing (unless you believe Takara).