Fan Art: Transformers Comedy Flash Animation, need some inspirations from you artists

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Paper Mariowned, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Paper Mariowned

Paper Mariowned Well-Known Member

Allright, so I'm a Flash Animator...not the best out there, but I spent over 100 hours on a Legend of Zelda cartoon, literally up til 8:00 a.m. from midnight just animating, and I just need voices and its done. Anyways, I always wanted to do a Transformers Flash Animation (something better than my horrible Optimus Prime vs. Optimus Prime Armada), but I was never good, so I wanted to wait until I actually used detail n'junk.

On to the point. I need some inspiration to do this Flash cartoon. I have a few characters drawn, but what can I do for some humour? Here's some of the designs on Optimus Prime, SkyWarp, and StarScream, and Devastator.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Allright, the only decent drawing there is Cab Prime, but as a comedy, I don't want the drawings to be too serious. And don't worry, the transformed Prime won't be that blocky...if I can pull it off, I'll draw a Robot Prime so when he transforms, the end result will be a less blocky Prime. All the characters are layered, so that all limbs, all extra parts, all wheels, will be able to move, spin, etc etc.

Anyways, what I ask is for you to throw out some names of Transformers from the G1/G2 era to use, and what kind of comedy I should use...so far i have a fart joke, Starscream getting snakes on him, and a Soundwave joke, so I'm not on a roll. Any critisism is, of course, accepted, and so fourth.

Oh, anyone know good sound alternating programs that are free so I can atleast do a decent Soundwave?

Sorry if this is the wrong section, btw, I just consider animation an art of mine. I can't draw detailed, so I'll stick with cartoony characters. If you come up with an awesome idea and I use it in my Flash, it'll definately mention your name in the credits and the gag you did.

2. Biomatrix

Biomatrix Member

Great idea! I actually tried doing a tf flash animation using prime, but not as detailed, awesome job. :thumb 
    When I was almost done the electricity went out... :banghead: 
    Remember kids always save your progress, now you know....
    I never bothered to try it again, but after seeing this I'm certainly going to try. Thanks.

Anyways, I've got an idea! It was the one I was trying to do before, but you can have a go at it if you want.
    You have Prime in his alt mode driving along a road on the country side (or in a city if you like) until he stops at a traffic light.
    The traffic light is red and remains red for a very long time (have cloads moving with a sunset and sunrise). Prime's pissed! (pop an angry anime icon on the cab) He transforms into robot mode and pulls out his gun (have an anime water droplet icon over the traffic light) and blows it to bits! He then transforms back and drives off. You could then add a "...... is the right of all sentient beings" joke. :p 

Well, with whatever project you go with, good luck man. :)