Transformers.com Update: September's Wal*Mart Exclusive Movie Deluxes

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
  2. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just like we thought, Breakaway is Classics Getaway, Fracture is Classics Crasher, and Crankcase is... Classics Crankcase.

Love seeing the Classics line getting bolstered with characters from later years of G1. Oh, and a Go-Bot. :D 

Chris

3. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Crap, Fracture is just gorgeous. I never buy repaints but I really want that, may have to sneak it in somewhere. :lol 

Also, can us non US folk have some mirrored picture love please? :) 

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  4. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I dunno with all the new universe stuff coming out this august, I don't think I will be buying any of these. I wish they would just release the universe toys already and stop releasing this other stuff...and I'm not saying these aren't cool looking cause they are, I just really want the universe stuff.

5. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Um... they ARE Universe stuff. Universe can't function 100% on new molds. Gotta buy the ones you want, is all I can say.

6. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I want Fracture!!
    It being a Walmart exclusive might prove things difficult though. I know I could get it online, but is there anywhere in the UK that has had Walmart exclusives in the past?

7. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm in the U.K and can see the pics fine

8. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Decepticon Fracture
    Dedicated to MEGATRON and the DECEPTICON cause, DECEPTICON FRACTURE is a dangerous enemy. She is totally fearless, and probably a little bit crazy, as she dives directly into any battle, regardless of the odds. Although she carries a powerful negative energy blaster, she prefers to use the seismic energy dischargers on her feet to smash the surrounding earth to pieces. Any battlefield on which she walks shudders with the force of her steps.

DECEPTICON FRACTURE was inspired by the female Gobot Crasher, but the name was changed to DECEPTICON FRACTURE when Crasher was unavailable for use. This deco scheme was one of several ideas for the Classic Series MIRAGE mold, and emerged as the most popular with the team. Her vehicle mode deco is based on a real Russian F1 race car color scheme.
    http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/transformers//Fracture_veh.jpg
    http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/transformers//Fracture_robot.jpg

Breakaway
    Escape-artist extraordinaire BREAKAWAY has never been held in captivity for more than a few hours. Even then, most of the times he's been captured have only been because he let it happen, so he could get inside a DECEPTICON base and blow it up. Every one of his joints is double, and secret compartments cover his body, hiding dozens of tools for use in escaping from any cell. He's as slippery as a Neutronian grease eel, and clever as a turbofox. DECEPTICON bounty hunters across the galaxy have an almost supernatural regard for his skill.

BREAKAWAY is based on the G1 Powermaster AUTOBOT escape artist Getaway. The name Getaway was unavailable, so the similar sounding Breakaway (which was already registered by Hasbro) was used instead
    http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/transformers//Getaway_veh.jpg
    http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/transformers//Getaway_Robot.jpg

Crankcase
    CRANKCASE doesn't really care about MEGATRON; he just joined the DECEPTICONS because he was in a bad mood, and it's pretty much lasted. As far as he's concerned, everything is pointless and stupid. He sees no reason why anyone else should be enjoying things when he's so miserable. That's why he spends his time grumpily ruining things for AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS alike. He's not much of a warrior, so he specializes in just being inconvenient. His blaster arm causes metal to rust instantly.

CRANKCASE is based on the G1 Decepticon Triggercon of the same name. His flip out weaponry is extremely similar to the original toy, so using the TRANSFORMERS: CYBERTRON RED ALERT mold worked well. In his original expanded biography, CRANKCASE was once a janitor for fuel spills, so the design team decided to make his vehicle mode a car for a hazardous materials team.
    http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/transformers//Crankcase_veh.jpg
    http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/transformers//Crankcase_Robot.jpg

9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Well.... technically these are part of the Movie line, not Universe.

But really, who cares? They don't fit aesthetically with the Movie line, so I'll be folding them into Classics/Universe anyway just like I (and I'm sure many others) did with the last round of Walmart deluxes.

EDIT: Oh, and for what it's worth, these all look great. I never thought about the "Triggercon" aspect of the Red Alert mold, but that's a great little bonus.

10. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    Breakaway makes me want that Hotshot mold (which I only ever thought was so-so) more than ever.

I'll just call her Crasher, because I've had Mirage pegged as a cool idea for Crasher from the start. It's nice to see the nod for Go-Bots in there!

Crankcase looks beautiful as well.

All winners in my book! Although, being Walmart exclusives isn't a good thing. Blink and they're gone...that is, if they ever show up in the first place.

11. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    Dear Hasbro,

I O U $30.

<3
    e3NiNe

12. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    Check the front page. Already have them in our Resource Database. :thumbs2: 

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Awesome. Getaway was the only original G1 Transformer I ever owned, and I love the Cyb Hot Shot mould to peices.

Mirage's mould is fantastic and a Go-bots homage is too good to pass up.

Crankcase does not intrest me.

14. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    DAMMIT! And I promised myself I would buy no more repaints!!!

15. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm so in love with the Mirage mold so Fracture will definitely be bought. I'll also get Breakaway. Crankcase though, eh, not sure

16. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn it, more nice repaints! Why do they have to keep releasing stuff I want but can't afford?

Well, if anything I'll be buying Crankcase... Love how they've done the redeco, the blue with yellow lights is very nice! Always found the Red Alert mold nice and chunky, but missed out on buying it here.

Fracture is very tempting, especially since I own Mirage already and know he's a great figure... But could I justify owning two of the same mold, just for a different colour sceme (Which is awesome)?

And Breakaway... Meh, never liked any of the Hot Shot molds, so I'll avoid that one. Least that's a few quid saved.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I will be buying all three. Mirage is one of the best Deluxe molds of all time, and the bio and totally obsure GoBots homage is awesome. Plus the name Fracture is badass to boot. I dig Breakaway's color scheme, and I like the mold well enough to buy it again. Crankcase is the weakest of the three, but IMO it's an underrated mold. I just have to figure out which generation to display them with...

18. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I love Fracture, don't care about the other 2.

I'm really getting tired of dealing with these stores & their ***CONSTANT*** exclusives! I just got the last set of Wal-Mart exclusives, I really don't feel like going at it again. This is really getting old.

19. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Too many other great TF figures coming out...pass for me...

20. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

i'll probably pick up the mirage repaint, leave the rest alone.