Transformers Collectors Club Sideburn Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by JTMitchell87, Aug 1, 2011.

1. JTMitchell87

JTMitchell87 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Great to see you posting TF reviews again!

3. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Alright JT gonna watch right now before Hell's Kitchen!

4. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Sadly, my figure is a let down because of some QC problems. Specifically, it appears that whoever was assembling my figure, glued the right elbow and it wasn't movable at all. I had to really force the joint to finally pop. It felt like i was going to break it. Then on closure inspection, the assemblers finger print is actually in it as well. Like someone got glue on their finger, then touched the plastic...as the glue dried, the finger print dried on it as well. I now have a permanent finger print on my figure :( 

5. bestbuddy09

bestbuddy09 Well-Known Member

Don't feel sad your not the only one. The paint job on mine looks like a KO paint job and all of the jpints are SUPER loss and the head doesn't even move... I don't know what's wrong there but for $40.00 that I spend this for this guy because they sold out of G2 ramjet right when he came out it's the last time I would be a club member.

6. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

I got mine today. No complaints about it yet except that they should have had more detail painting on it. They should have at least painted the pipes and tail lights. Now I am going to have to put mine in the shop for some detail work to make it look like a $40 piece.

7. JTMitchell87

JTMitchell87 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're kidding me. I would have thought with these being collector's items and far far less mass produced they'd show SOME care when assembling/packaging...

That's one thing I was really worried about with mine, but the joints are as tight as they're "supposed" to be for mine...

Did either of you try to contact the club about a replacement? They're free, sure, but you paid to be in the club and get this guy....

8. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow the more i hear about these the more i start to think that they sound like KO quality with all the problems people seem to be having with them. Guess ill wait to see how mine is when it finally shows up. For 40$ this figure should be top quality. Yeah i know they " say " it was free but you still had to spend 40$ to get him..

9. Rockdown

Rockdown Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Good review. However, that mold needs to be retired.

10. Tuscuttar

Tuscuttar The Cult of Personality

I think you need to speak a lot slower

11. mechfiend

mechfiend Well-Known Member

Got mine yesterday, he's got the messed up paint apps on his face, his head doesn't turn and his arms love to pop out of their ball joint. He's an awesome figure, just wish there was some better qc on him.

12. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

sweet mine should be arriving soon..i hope...come on protector armor..:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn 

13. bestbuddy09

bestbuddy09 Well-Known Member

Yeah I this called them and they said that I had to pay for the shipping and when they get it if it's sold out they are goin to this send me the same one back but she said may happen because they may be sold out.... WoW that's my last time being a club member and can tell you that.

14. azdragon58

azdragon58 Well-Known Member

Just opened my figure and everything was great, just one problem I found... The damn spoiler was broken... Other than the spoiler, paint apps and joints are good...

15. rhapsodyred99

rhapsodyred99 Well-Known Member

mine has the screwed up face paint, but when I called the club they said they are all like that :( 

16. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    If you guys actually look at his bio card...you can see that one of the crests on his head is painted and one isn't. This is how it is on the toy too

17. Petes Robot Convention

Petes Robot Convention Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just touched base with cust. service and I think there was a misunderstanding. When you call we'll collect info to figure out the best way to swap out the damaged part depending on what the damage is. Note, 95% of these are arriving to people with no real issues aside from normal variation due to these being assembled and certain parts painted by hand.

But for anyone that does have an issue, such as two right hands or very sloppy paint, cust. service WILL work to make sure you get a fix.

We will NOT sell out or replacements as we have not posted the excess inventory for purchase yet...

18. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    so a broken spoiler means something is "great" now? :p 

19. azdragon58

azdragon58 Well-Known Member

Aside from the spoiler being broken, which I can fix... The rest of the figure is in good condition... It sucks it was broken... So if the club cant help me with fixing the problem, I can and will fix it... Will just have my doubts for next years membership...

20. darthdevious

darthdevious Destroyer of Worlds

I guess I got lucky, mine arrived fine, just a tiny amount of overspray on the shin pieces, but nothing that cant be easily cleaned up. No spoiler issues. Face has a tiny bit of overspray as well, but on such a small piece its expected. Might give the exhaust some detail.