Transformers Collectors Club?, Questions.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Crimson Primus, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Crimson Primus

Crimson Primus Deceptinut

Hey....I am new here but:

I saw this post about the seacons ( http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=151610 ) and am thinking about joining.

What are the differences between 1st class and 3rd class aside from date (10 days apart) of receipt for the magazine, surely there has got to be an extra perk for the added $22.00 per year. Also what are the prices for their previous exclusive figures like Airrazor and Astrotrain.

2. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Please direct questions to the Transformers General Discussion forum. Questions are not news.

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hello, and welcome! Shuffled your post over to General Discussion and sent you a PM to make sure you saw it.

Questions are best suited to the TF General Discussion forum. The News & Rumors section is reserved for new information about upcoming products and TF-related media.

There is no difference in what you get as a result of choosing 1st vs. 3rd class for the club, other than timing for the delivery of the magazine. Since 3rd class can be unreliable, a few folks have expressed problems with getting their monthly magazines.

Prices for their previous exclusives can be found here:
    http://www.transformersclub.com/shop/

I've been a member of the club since FP/MC have been running it and am happy with my membership.

4. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Other than using mail that ships faster (and arguably with greater care, maybe), there are no differences. What else were you expecting?

Think about it this way. $22 extra dollars only works out to $1.83 more postage per month. The difference between first class and third class for the incentive figure alone is going to be a couple of dollars (I can check and be more exact if someone can give me the weight of the incentive figure package). And paper tends to get heavy pretty quickly, making shipping expensive to start with (note that the 6 months with the actual TF material will cost more than the MC-only months, which almost all of us consider totally worthless, but there you go).

But in answer to your other question, Astrotrain costs $87 plus shipping and Airazor costs $42 plus shipping.

5. Crimson Primus

Thanks for the quick replies. If I went with third class, I just did not want to miss out on anything. Afterall...it is hard enough to get the wife to agree to let me join, if there is a lower price point...I am sure she will want me to use it. BTW...those exclusives are rather expensive.....one would thank those seacons are probably going to go for 200 +- 50 bucks. Better start saving up :) 

6. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yup they are definately more money than the mass released versions (armada jetfire and energon slugslinger). I would expect the Seacons to be at least $150, I just hope they come in a nice gift box set. I really like what they did with the packaging for this years convention set and the Astrotrain, air razor packaging. Personally Id like to see something that's a nice hommage to the old seacon giftset.

7. BigBadBot666

BigBadBot666 Autobot Commander

Jazz a prime

Why doesnt they make Jazz a prime?

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    ??? Please, elaborate. I suspect you're a Jazz fan.

9. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Why don't they make Prime jazzy?

10. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Anyone considering joining the club to buy the Seacons should probably wait it out until we have a firm date for them. It's not completely out of the realm of possibility, especially with as much hinting around they've been doing, that it could be another year before we see the Seacons come out through the club. They keep saying they are trying to make it happen, and while I have far more faith that they'll follow through with that than I would have the old club, I still feel it'd be prudent to wait it out. It'd suck to joint the club just to buy the Seacons and then have to re-up for another year before getting to do so.

11. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good point Night Flame. The seacons will most likely be available to non-club members to buy just like air razor and astrotrain are now, but for a higher price.

12. Crimson Primus

Good points.

but that is not the only reason I wanted to join. I like the comics, bios and especially the artwork....I just love my transformers :) 

13. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

And the higher price includes the cost of membership in the club.