Transformers Collectors Anonymous

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by webz, Mar 3, 2012.

1. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    This is probably the wrong place for this, but I'm so proud of myself, I had to share.... Went to my local Walmart, they were stocking the entire wave of Prime toys, from the Cyberverse to Voyagers.... and I looked without buying!!!! I'm so proud of myself!

I sold my collection off, and swore off starting a new one.
    Glad to know that I have developed impulse control! You never know until you have to fight the temptation in person... lol

They all look really cool.

2. Zendai

Zendai Minicon Addict

It's possible to go into a store without buying a transformer?!?!

3. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Veteran

News Credits:
    Good for you man! I had a problem last month where I spent all my money for eating lunch at school towards transformers. I just had to pack my own food for a month, but hell it was worth it! :) 

4. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Thats good for you but coming here and posting is simply exposing yourself to more temptation. I say this with respect get out while you can!

5. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    You are strong. :)  So many people say that they quit something...but they seem to always go back. Most of them are doing bad things though, like drugs, cigarettes, or alcohol consumption. Yours isn't bad...unless it became super expensive to buy everything, and put you into debt.

I gave up comic books a few years back. It was hard for a couple of weeks, but now I would never go back into that hobby. I'd rather support Transformers toys instead. lol

Did you replace your Transformers hobby with another one?

6. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

You are crazy. Go buy some transformers and you'll be fine, doctors orders.

7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    No, this won't do. This won't do at all. Go back and buy some transformers, son.

8. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I used to buy every Tf I saw when I got back collecting but in recent years, I find that 90% of the time I leave the shop empty handed. I'm not a fan of the stylised TF's from the Movie, Animated or Movie lines. I enjoy the series just not most of the toys.

Plus I don't like cars that are bigger than Scouts as I'm a G1/Diaclone fan. I don't like Legends either. Still, it's saving me money.

9. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

I still love buying Transformers.

But, I didn't buy a single DOTM item. It did feel good not buying a line that didn't interest me at all. There was a time I would have bought every single one just because it was Transformers.

It was a long time to go without Transformers to collect. Out side of a few high end buys like MP10, Kiss Players, and a couple vintage G1.... I went without. That's why I was so looking forward to FE, only to have it cancelled in the US. :( 

10. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I feel somewhat the same way after going into a store, seeing nothing that I have interest in or anything I don't already have, and then being able to walk out without buying something on impulse. :) 

11. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well see, I don't know if going on this forum makes things better or worse. Like, it's clearly worse in some ways because I'm exposed to everything under the sun, and by extension have access to a lot more stuff to buy or even know about. However, it's also good because I'm not simply relying on what I see on the shelves, meaning that I'm less likely to overpay or even just buy for the sake of getting something new.

... and in closing, I'm Nomad, and it's been almost a week since I've bought a transformer.

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I do not understand this thread. How does one go into a store, see all new TFs and NOT buy?

Is this like one of those looking at a menu and not eating things?

Transbot is confused :( 

13. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

What is this? Not buying Transformers? I do not understand...

No but on the serious side. It's just toys/repaints anyways >_>;

14. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Transformers Collectors Anonymous, I love the name. It'd be cool if there were real Transformers social clubs at my school or community center.

15. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Hmm? I guess I have a problem. This week alone, I spent roughly $150 in transformers...:(  not buying anymore till April. I PROMISE...

16. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do it over, do it right.

17. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    This. I walked into a Target today & the TF section was jam-packed with TF-Prime figs. & how many did I buy? Not even one. This new stuff does absolutely nothing for me. I'd much rather invest my money in G1 any day of the week... :lol 

18. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    I did that today! LOL Went to my local Target, and there was again EVERY TF prime toy released yet. I looked at them and my hands got sweaty, I picked up the Voyager Optimus, and he was tugging at me. But I put him back down and walked away, empty handed. It actually kind of scared me, that I had that reaction. Usually if I saw a Transformer I wanted, in the cart it went. I rarely walked away from one I wanted, and NEVER walked away from an Optimus Prime...

The bulk of my TF collection had consisted of every generation of vehicle Optimus Prime since Gen 1, as well as every Starscream since Gen 1. Now I only have Masterpiece Prime and Masterpiece Starscream (what I consider the Pinnacle of those two Transformers designs)

What prompted it was seeing the images of TF-Prime toys, and I love the characters and the toys all look good. Then I factored the $13 to $28 per toy, and realized that once they are opened, they sit on a shelf, "collecting dust" rather than being enjoyed by a child. So I decided to give up the hunt. No more rushing to Toys R Us Thursday morning to see if a new shipment came in.

Anyway... Still will enjoy this site, I enjoy the discussions I participate in here, and just because I'm not buying toys, doesn't mean I don't love the brand. I love looking at pics of the toys, but it's a lot cheaper just to enjoy galleries here, and enjoy looking at the boxes at the store, just without the buying.

19. Neekotron

Neekotron We're in Ratbat Country!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

?

Or am I doing it wrong?

20. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I often don't buy anything, just check to see what they have. It has to be something really freaking cool before I spend more than $20 on a TF nowadays, as I have no job and my Mom doesn't just throw money at me anymore.

I haven't got a Transformer since FE Arcee in December.