Transformers collection: Do each bots in yours get the respect it deserves?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exomega255, Aug 3, 2010.

1. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Just wondering, do your bots and cons get the space they deserve? When you display them, do they get space to show off? to pose? or is it only for a few weeks and thereafter goes back in a box, in a crowded closet, etc?

For one, my transformers collection is getting to the point where I cannot give them the respect each deserves. They no longer have room to pose dynamically and with freedom (until I get more space and shelves). Most of them only have space enough to afford a "standing" pose.

What about yours?

How I got curious about this is, I know in totality (transformers + other series of robots) I may have about 1k+, but I KNOW that my room + my basement doesn't even give them space to do justice, so I wondered about other collectors.

2. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

All of my Transformers are displayed. Some are a bit crowded about, so I move them in a "school photo" style, with taller guys in back, and shorter guys in front. It works quite well! I also have a shelf entirely for Hall of Fame inductee toys, and one entirely for Scout class guys.

3. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I have all my Transformers on display except for 2 same-character-repaints that are in my closet. I like to have them posed on the shelf instead of just standing straight, but there isn't always enough room for it. I try to make space the best I can.

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Ah, maybe my question wasn't too clear: I mean, do they have enough space to pose? as in, leg spread a bit, weapons flaring out, etc etc. Or do they just have enough room to stand?

I mean like for example, optimus ROTF can take _____ amount of space to stand, but _______________________ amount of space to pose. Do you give him "standing space" or "posing space"?

I always like to give my robots posing space, since that's what they deserve >.< but it seems like I cannot.

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    the majority of my collection is displayed, except for a drawer full of junkers and figures i just do not have space for

6. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

Oh, they're all displayed. Not posed though. I don't have that much shelf space.

7. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    hm, my figures are all displayed, but

If the shelve is like

And my robots are represented by "I"

Then they are all displayed like

_I_I_I_I_I_I_I_I_I_I_I_I_I_I_I_I_I_I_I_

I would "like" to display them as

_____I_____I______I______I______I____

Just to give space

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    No way I'd have enough room to display my whole collection. Most go out on display until I need room to display new stuff and then I decide which I want to keep out and which to store away. Some stay out forever (Fort Max, MP Prime, select G1s, etc) or are cycled in and out of display depending on my mood. Since space is a premium because of numbers they often only have enough room to stand, not greatly pose, although I will try and give them a casual standing pose if possible. Most of the time my figures are in crowds, several rows deep.

9. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    I display them all on my shelf, but I'll occasionally take a group of them down and display them in action poses somewhere else in my room.

10. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    All I have is a Detolf... so they're all crowded in there pretty tight. And then the rest are in the bin.

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of display space, so I have to try my best to show off all of my TFs so they get some much-needed attention.

I'm currently rearranging my display shelves, all of which the TFs I'm going to be displaying are all the Movie-verse toys.

12. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I have a man-cave with plenty of room for display, but I hate clutter so I only have about ten displayed. They all have plenty of room for a good pose though.

13. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

Mine are generally posed. Some shelves are a little cluttered, and a small number of toys are in a part of the display case that isn't technically "on display" (other furniture in front of it) - they're my "I'd rather have other things on display" group.

The shelves are pretty packed, now, though, so when my next toys arrive, I'm gonna have to start prioritising. I think some movie toys are going to have to go into hiding so classics & TFA can spread out a little :) 

14. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Sadly, most of my TFs are stored in plastic tubs, but the few that get to stay out have plenty of space to pull of some sort of pose. But since that's mostly just G1, Alts and a few select others, there's really not much posing to be done. I keep telling myself that I'll get a new shelving unit and start displaying more bots, but I always spend my money on more toys instead...

Come to think of it, I'm in need of shelf space for all my Joes as well. Currently Cobra has taken over my bar...which while it does look awesome...it makes it very difficult to actually use it. :lol 

15. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Nope. Everything is crammed in and quite a few figures I haven't even seen in months.

16. simplygriff

simplygriff Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    Not even close sad to say. I enjoy a figure for a short time then they get put on a shelf to never really get played with much again til I decide to re-organize. They get looked at every day though. :)  Luckily little to nothing is in storage. It's almost all on display.
    -G

17. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Clutter Clutter everywhere. Tiny apartment with constantly cr3ative shelf expansion.

No I just have to many figures to display them all properly. I fill the shelf. And inevitably the guys in the back stay out of sight.

18. autobotblaster

autobotblaster Y U NO!?!?!

I have my custom teams on my work desk ( rotf gears scattorshot and beachcomber) and then I have my scouts hanging out on my entertainment center. My pcc is on me et cent too, and the few others I have are in a glass case (only the ones I don't really fiddle with)

19. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I have them mostly crammed, but I dream of the day when I get my own house and be able to afford posing space for them, so they get their full respect... maybe the dream's too silly though ^^;

20. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    all are on display, animated, alts, mps and g1 have lots of space (2 shelves wrap around for animated, 3 large cabinets, one for g1 one for alts, and a curio cabinet for mps) but my classics while posed, they are posed in a tetris type situation where their pose is made to fit the shelf even with two larger wrap around shelves just for them (makes four shelves) they are still cluttered once i get out of this place, i'll be getting a second bedroom just for my figures so that they can get lots of space, and also make it easier to fiddle with whatever figure i want at that point in time