Transformers Club's role in Botcon (Past and Present)

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by BlastersVault, Mar 2, 2010.

?

Should Transformers Club members have early access to Botcon Registration?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2010.
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Other (Post your answer in your comment)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BlastersVault

BlastersVault Well-Known Member

So I am going to kick things off by stating that I am a Botcon/Convention Newbie. This will be my first Con I have attended and as a matter of fact the first convention of any type I have ever attended.

My questions for everyone are -

Should/or do Transformers Club Members have other benefits specifically for Botcon?

- Like advanced registration before non-members etc , other than just discounted ticket costs.

Also what is the role of the Transformers Club at past BotCons? Do we get to shop at a Transformers Club store before non-members?

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No, that's the stupidest thing ever and would only serve as yet another way to fuck over international fans.

3. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Discounted tickets only. With the club giving a discount to the show a value greater than the cost of membership mostly everyone is going to have said membership.

Same thing with anything at the show, most everyone is going to have the membership so you are going to end up with 90% of the registrants trying to get the extra treatment while the 10% are just going to have to wait just the same as before. (Note numbers pulled from ass)

4. Coinhound

Coinhound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Its enough of a bonus you dont have to wait 11 hours for a fax to go through but Ive heard of it happening frequently. Even me faxing in 3 weeks after the registration form went in for Botcon 2009 it took 8 times.

5. Big Filipino

Big Filipino John 3:16-17 says it all

News Credits:
    Last year, Club members were notified maybe an hour or two in advance that registration forms were available at a direct link not on the TFCC web site.

As for shopping at the TFCC store early at Botcon (ie on Friday afternoon), I believe that privilege is reserved for Primus package registrants only. Everyone else can shop starting Sat morning.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010