Transformers Club questions...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Demonss, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I REALLY want that punch counter-punch that's coming out.
    So I'm really considering joining.

If I join will I get a "membership figure"
    Or am I better waiting until like January or something?
    How's that work?
    It says if you join by march of each year, but I'm not sure if that limits me to join between jan and march.

Any idea when punch/counter-punch is supposed to be coming out?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    You buy a membership, and that gives you access to various club discounts and exclusive products at the store, and the magazine thing each month, in which you get a free ad. This is assuming you live in north america, I'm not sure if anything changes if you live on another continent.

So long as you join before... I dunno, March (?), you'll get the membership figure for 2010 as well. If you join in January, you will still get the same figure. They ship them all out at once, once a year. If you join after the cut-off date, you will get next year's figure when it comes out. Basically, aside from the cutoff date, when you join will only affect when your membership expires. You could join now, if you wanted, and still get next year's figure.

3. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can join the Club any time and your membership will extend for one year. The March cut-off just determines whether you get the free membership figure for a given year. For instance, if you join any time between now and March 2010, you'll get whatever the 2010 membership figure is. If you join after March 2010, you won't get the 2010 membership figure, but you will get the 2011 membership figure (IIRC).

The release date of Punch/Counterpunch is currently unknown. If it's like other Club exclusives, we probably won't have a clear date until shortly before it comes out. When they released the Seacons, even when they took orders/pre-order, they didn't have a specific release date, just an estimate, IIRC. Based on the last bit of info released, the Club is attempting to have Punch made at the same time as the 2010 membership figure so, theoretically, they might come out at the same time...but it's hard to say.

As far as "strategy" for when to join, you might be better waiting until January or even February, just to make sure you're a member when Punch comes out, if that's what you're most interested in. If you join now (member from Nov 2009 to Nov 2010) and Punch's release date gets pushed back to very late next year, you might miss it.

4. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ahh great info.

My join "strategy" was more of a thing to figure out if (to get the march exclusive) I needed to join between jan and march, and then like april-dec you didn't get the free fig.
    Cool now I get it!
    So I'll end up joining soon!! Thanks guys!