Transformers Classics wave 3?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by gamer, Nov 2, 2006.

1. gamer

gamer Well-Known Member

anyone know when it's coming?

2. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    March is what the card at Botcon said I think.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    what wave 3? Are you asking if we think there'll be one due to the line being a success?

too early to tell, and as of now there's only waves 1.5 and 2 left. 1.5 sometime late this month, and wave 2 in Feb. 1.5 is Jetfire, Grimlock, and Mirage... 2 is Ramjet and Cliffjumper. I think the twopack with Magnus and Skywarp come out in March, and I've no idea on the minicons, or devastator. The deluxe 2pack with Megs and Prime I THINK come out late this month also...

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i am predicting a may/june release of wave 3 comprised trailbreaker, ironhide, soundwave, shockwave, cosmos and reflector.

*polishes crystal ball*

5. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

When did wave 2 end up reclassified as a .5 wave instead? Must've missed a memo.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    *waves memo*

basically JF, grimmy, mirage, cliffy and ramjet are the '2nd wave' but distributed to TWO release dates, hence, wave .5.

ergo.

7. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Ergo, I will give you thanks vis-à-vis your information about the wave distribution, and we are in concordance.

8. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Roger that. Over.

9. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    So wouldn't that technically make things Wave 1, Wave 2 and Wave 2.5?

I hope you're right, but I would still very much like to see Thundercracker, Dirge & Thrust apart of Wave 3 just so all the Seekers are done & out of the way before Hasbro pulls another one of their infamous sudden stops or changes to the line.

And as much as I would LOVE to see that Cosmos concept drawing that Don F. made turned into a physical toy, it sounds like they scrapped the idea because they don't think "a green disc" will sell. Hopefully they'll wake up and realize that if it's released in a 2-Pack or 3-Pack with characters like Warpath, Powerglide or whoever, it'll sell just as well as any of the other Classics. Exactly the same way they're ensuring sales of Ultra Magnus since most people will buy it by default for the Skywarp figure - even though the two together still makes zero sense.

10. Rama Sha

Ebay:
    I never bought into that wave 2.5 stuff. I mean Grimlock, Mirage, and Jetfire come out in Nov. And then Cliffjumper and Ramjet come out in March and they are suppose to be part of the same wave? That's 5 months. If a 5 months between releases doesn't denote another wave then I don't know what does.

And don't tell me it'll be shipping with the wave 2 guys and thus that makes it part of wave 2. Cause they are going to be shipping wave 2 guys with Wave 1 guys...but that doesn't make them wave 1.5.

I consider Cliffjumper and Ramjet Wave 3.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    the reason its not called wave 3, buddy, is that when classics was announced, they preemptively stated that there will only be 2 waves, or rather only 2 waves planned at that time, for classics.

hence, avoiding calling it wave 3 so that ppl dont go "theyve announce wave 3 already?!".

12. Rama Sha

Ebay:
    Oh....an ass saving practice. How loverly.

13. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

So we may see wave 2 this month and wave 3 in a couple of months.

14. Sharky

Sharky Member

from hasbros little press release from Botcon

Classics images released from BotCon

so has the wave numbering changed since then? not like it realllly matters it will get picked up if its wave 1 wave 6 or wave 234

15. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I guess its settled then...wave 3 it is then! :D  Anyway, I'm aching to get my hands on Grimlock!

16. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

At Botcon, there was a rather odd interchange between Aaron Archer and Greg Lombardo at the Hasbro new product unveiling panel. Aaron said something about 2 waves, and Greg corrected him and said 3. Aaron looked confused for a second, Greg whispered something to him, and then Aaron was like "Oh, yeah, that's right". But he didn't elaborate to the crowd.

Since he also stated later that everything planned for Classics was on display at their booth, we can only assume that Hasbro intends Grimlock, Mirage and Jetfire as wave 2 and Cliffjumper and Ramjet as wave 3.

17. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    I believe the first wave of minicons is due out this month with the other wave due out in March.

18. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    And of course, there are never any changes to distribution plans (as in, spreading out toys originally planned to ship as one wave over two waves instead).

Plus, Jetfire is not part of the same "wave" as anyone else (except for the Optimus Prime and Megatron carry-overs from the previous wave) any more than any toys from different size class assortments are ever part of the same wave.

19. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Anyone notice they remolded Ramjet's nosecone so that he looks like a modified F-14 now instead of an F-15 with funky wings? It was a nice touch I thought.

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    that's so he can be a conehead.