Transformers Classics Vol. 4 on Amazon Pre-order

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Predakwon, May 24, 2012.

1. Zormo

Zormo Active Member

Yes, all issues previously excluded by IDW (or Titan, for that matter) are reprinted in this new set.

2. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Titan books have all of the Circuit Breaker and Spider-Man issues.

3. Sharpfinger

Sharpfinger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Need to wait until the digital version appears on Comixology. Maybe with two more volumes we'll have almost all G1 comics. Still needs digital GI Joe/Transformers crossover and the Headmasters mini.

Digital Vol 2 and Vol 3 have all Circuit Breaker stuff (and Vol 3 ends at #38), but the description of Vol 1 says it skips issue #3 and #9. I don't know about the dead-trees volumes.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    80 issues. Plus the 4-issue Headmasters series, which hopefully will be collected at the end (even though for the flow of the story, it belongs in the middle of this volume), and the 4-issue GI Joe/Transformers crossover.

5. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    The Titan trades collect the Marvel stuff too. The article stating otherwise is incorrect. These are a great way to get all of the main run but I feel like the recoloring looks very generic. I'm finishing up my Titan collection as well. They look much more like the books were originally presented. Better too in my opinion.

6. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Man I want to get all these. But other then the Spiderman missing issues does anyone know if Circuit Breaker issues are still in? Did they change her?

Anyone here able to get all of them then sell them for the same price or close?

7. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    The Spider-man issue is included in this series, as are appearances from Circuit Breaker. They were omitted from the first Classics Marvel reprints from IDW, but are back in this current (re-)reprint series. They were also in the old Titan reprints, for anyone looking to track those down.

8. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    Maybe this will help.

If it looks like this, all issues are included. This is the current IDW reprint series.
    Amazon.com: Transformers Classics Volume 1 TP (9781600109355): Bob Budiansky, Bill Mantlo, Ralph Macchio, Jim Salicrup, Frank Springer, Alan Kupperberg, William Johnson, Mike Manley, Ricardo Villamonte, Herb Trimpe, Don Perlin: Books

If it looks like this, all issues are included. This is the old Titan reprints from about 7-8 years ago.
    Amazon.com: Transformers Beginnings Graphic Novel: Books

If it looks like this, issues with Spider-Man, Circuit Breaker, and other Marvel owned characters were omitted. This is the original IDW reprint series. You'll want to avoid these, probably.
    Amazon.com: Classic Transformers, Vol. 1: Bob Budianski, Don Perlin: Books

These are just the first in each paperback reprint series, but in each case the entire series carries forward the same general cover style, so you should be able to figure it out pretty easily.

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I agree with you. The Titan books collect the Marvel issues just the way they were originally printed. All the original coloring and everything. The art reproduction is better, too.

The new IDW books have been recolored to fix the "mistakes", but to me, that just makes them feel less authentic. The linework in the IDW books suffers as well.

10. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Hey thanks. :) 

Now I just gotta figure out how to get em.

11. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Titan TPBs were missing the Man of Iron (33-34) and Big Broadcast of 2006 (#43).

They weren't important to the overall story, but for the completist, they're missing.

12. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh man thank god. I was worried they would've left me hanging after volume 3. :D 

13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I think Man of Iron was reprinted in Titan's collections of the UK series (where it first appeared). And I think Big Broadcast is flat-out out of continuity. So I can understand why Titan felt it was okay to skip them...I guess. Though I do think they should have kept them in and let each reader decide for themselves.

14. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I am missing those surrounding Titan issues currently, so you've got me there. I do know the rest were collected. Thanks for pointing that out though. I do appreciate it.

15. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How many Titan TPB books did it take to cover the whole 80 issue run? Don't the Titan TPB's each only have like 6 issues?

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I forget how many volumes, because they started from the end of the series (second half of Furman's run), then kind of worked their way back (first half of Furman's run and THEN went to the beginning of the series). I think it ended up being something like 14 volumes? But keep in mind that the Titan volumes also include the Headmasters mini where it is supposed to take place between issues of the regular series. And then another 2 volumes for G2.

But yeah, it wasn't very many issues per book. 6 sounds about right. But the reproduction was much higher quality than the IDW books (sorry, IDW, but it's true).

17. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool. Thank you!

18. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, but didn't include:

issues #33-34
    issue #43
    The Animated Movie mini series #1-3

Now granted, none of these are "in continuity" with the rest of the series, but I wish people would stop going on about how Titan printed everything. They didn't.

IDW WILL be reprinting the Headmasters series at the end of the 80-issue run, just like they did with their first round of "Classics" volumes. They'll also be reprinting the Animated movie mini-series.

For the sake of completeness, I'd also like them to include the Universe profile mini-series #1-4.

And I have a sneaky suspicion they'll reprint G2 in a Classics volume this time round.

And in answer to others' questions about the Titan books: Each volume had a maximum of 6 issues, some only had 5!! There were 14 volumes, plus two more for Generation 2.

Titan NEVER reprinted "Man Of Iron", either in their US or UK series. They also never reprinted many earlier UK stories such as "Enemy Within", "Wrath of Guardian" etc (Furman had a huge hand in the Titan volumes and basically didn't like the stuff so got it vetoed. What's more annoying about this slightly arrogant approach is the excellent "Crisis of Command" - which Furman did not write - also got omitted!)

Thankfully, IDW are doing it all right now.

19. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits: