Transformers Classics: UK Volume 2 Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Ultimate Matt X, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a question about IDW Classics UK Volume 2. If I have the Titan reprints (I looked at the guide above about that) or the IDW Dinobot trade/Marvel US reprints I don't need this book do I? It seems to reprint UK stories that were in the Dinobot books and were in US volumes.

2. Ultimate Matt X

Anybody?

I guess if nobody knows this does anyone know if the first IDW UK Classics trade only contained UK stories or was any US material in there too?

3. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Only UK stuff... reprinted at an eye-straining size. However, the supplemental material is of MASSIVE quality and interest... I have the Titan reprints and 50-60 issues of the real thing... and I'll probably still buy it.

4. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No one can confirm yet. There hasn't been an official source stating the issues.

Preliminary issues were given but they don't make sense since they would include the US issues.

We don't even know what's in the US vol 2, and that's supposed to be released in 2 weeks....

5. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My guess for UK Classics v2, based on the volume of material in v1:

UK Issues: #45-50, 59-65, 74-77
    2nd Annual (inc. "To A Power Unknown", "Victory" etc)

This WILL contain material the OP won't have, but nothing continuity-crushing.

As for US Classics v2, I'm intrigued with what's in there: Assuming it's thirteen issues again, that would be issues #14-26 of the regular series EXCEPT... despite it being a terrible story, I kind of hope they include the GI Joe Crossover in the appropriate chronological place (making this truly the definitive complete collection) which would be in and around #23-26...

6. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm totally in the same boat. G.I. Joe and the Transformers was horrible storywise, but it's in continuity and the completist in me really wants it.

7. Ultimate Matt X

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll just check it out and hope there is something I need. The Diamond solicitation for it though does give details and I think it has like issues 55-70, but that is the weird part because some of those would be US material.

8. Ultimate Matt X

I was off with the issues in my last post, it is 45-59 according to the listing.

9. PrimeOQZ

PrimeOQZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That seems like hardly anything compared to the first volume. I thought it would run to the next annual.

Same here. With all the collected stuff out there for this part of the series and I actually have the 1986 annual, I may get it if there is enough bonus stuff or if the completist bug gets me on this.

10. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The listing is wrong, don't worry.

11. Ultimate Matt X

Speaking of the GI Joe crossover, has it been reprinted before? I have most of/all of the Titan stuff, but I don't think I've seen that up to this point.

12. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay: