Transformers Classics UK #1 In Hand Pics/Content

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Quixote_Prime, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

From solicitations and from the TFwiki (which doesn't reference any sources), we knew that the UK classics would reprint the Marvel UK run in order with notes by James Roberts. But we didn't know how it would all work and how the comics were reproduced.

The extensive introduction should surely bring anyone up to speed on the scope, conception, and production of Marvel UK comics. It also contains all cover reprints, albeit in miniature. It additionally has the lovely annual cover as the first leaf so you can write your name in it!

[​IMG]

The covers, including the covers for UK reprints of US comics:

[​IMG]

Each issue gets at least two pages worth of introduction with the additional sections titled "continuity" and "reprints" that notes how the Marvel UK fits in with the Marvel US story lines.

The comics themselves are reduced from their original size somewhat to fit the American publishing standards. This is nowhere stated in the introduction or preface but I gather from the dimensions that the comics are preserved in their proportions. This may matter to some. I include a photo of the Man of Iron to demonstrate.

[​IMG]

The page is about 6 3/4 x 10" and the comics panels take up about 5 7/8 x 8 3/16".

Text stories are also reprinted:

[​IMG]

Colors and reproduction are handled the same as the Marvel US reprints.

Lots of extras, adverts, and give aways are cataloged. This is just a small sample. The extra stuff included feels a lot like the Transformers Vault did to me.

Advertisment:

[​IMG]

Some give-aways and the general introduction:

[​IMG]

Extras:

[​IMG]

I'm an American from a landlocked state (Minnesota) and there's a lot surrounding the Marvel UK run I don't know and can't appreciate. But I've waited and wanted to have this IDW run and look forward to other issues.

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Wow. This really looks like a winner. Mine should be shipping from Amazon pretty soon.

3. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Well-Known Member

You just sold me.

4. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Thanks for the heads up on this, I thought it wasn't gonna be out until January. Insta-bought.

5. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Is this news?

I picked up my copy a couple weeks ago. Still need to properly read it though.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn, I wasn't planning on getting these since I have the Titan TPBs, but they sound great.

7. nelodiavolo

nelodiavolo Transformer Nerd

News Credits:
    Mine is shipping from Amazon today. Can't wait to read them. Thanks for the preview OP.

8. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Holy hell is this not bloody fantastic!

Mine arrived in the post today and it is incredible. The attention to detail is excellent.

Very very very happy.

9. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I preordered this without knowing the extent of what I'd be getting. It'll ship to me at the end of the month.

I am now salivating.

10. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. I've had mine for about ten days.

I have read it properly, though, and have to say it's fantastic. Exactly what I wanted to see. Not sure I'm going to get rid of the Titan books yet (and it goes without saying I'm not getting rid of my complete 332-issue run of the original comics!) but this is a great little book. So much background, it puts the US Classics v1 release to shame.

11. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Well, I searched and searched the tfw boards and no one shared the contents of this thing! :)  :) 

It really is a shame compared to the US Classics that more wasn't included in that volume's introduction or offering readers a way of framing the whole enterprise. The editors and authors of the UK version are to be commended!

They should have explained the presentation format a bit more, in my view.