Transformers Classics at Walmart, but not on the pegs or lower shelves.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Leemon, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    I went to Walmart to look for Cybertron beast Megatron today. They had a Munky Prime on the pegs, but no sign of Megs. I glanced up to see if there were any other Deluxes on the shelf above. But, out of the corner of eye I saw some unfamiliar Transformer boxes. And, to my delight they were Classics Megatron and Optimus Prime. Without pause I went to find an associate to get a ladder, because these jewels of the Transformer line were on the nose-bleed shelf and well out of my reach. While I waited for assistance, I scoped out the other shelves and also found Classics 20th An. Movie Prime. but I was unable to locate any Classic Deluxes. The guy showed up with a ladder and handed me one of each of the Voyager Class Leaders. (I don't know if I want another 20th An. Prime, so I passed on that one.)

So, if you go into a Walmart store, make sure you closely examine those nose-bleed toy shelves. Other wise you may miss some hidden treasure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow! Nice find. Not the bots (which are nice), but a WM employee who would actually get a ladder, climb it, and hand you what you wanted. Sometimes, for fun, I'll get one of their ladders and start poking through boxes. I generally keep this up until someone asks me if there's something I'm looking for. Nothin brings a WM employee to the toy section quicker than a customer using a ladder.

-Tony!

3. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Nice find. I scoped out my local TRU and WM after work today and found very little. The same DVD 20th Ann. Prime is still at TRU (for $90!), and WM has yet again shrunk down the size of the TF section (we're now down to 8 pegs of Cyb. basics/deluxes, two facings of Cyb. voyagers, and two facings of Cyb leaders).

4. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

They only get there quick then because security sends someone to get the customer down to avoid a lawsuit if that customer falls off the ladder.

5. butz

butz slippery when wet

Damn.. I was just at my Wally's, and didn't see anything up top but dozens and dozens of un-sold Superman returns toys.. Oh well, I can wait and check back in a few days.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Congrats. Closest I've come to finding them is a group of empty pegs and blank shelf space at TRU.

7. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Man I want some classics! I noticed you got a Pepsi to wash down all those Transformers you bought..

8. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup. Hence, speedy customer service. :) 

9. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    My local Walmart just recently took down all those shelf-topper storage areas about a month and a half ago, they were always the best place to find the newest "not on the shelf yet" Transformers.

10. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I've always had luck with the overhead storage.

Without thinking too hard, I know I found BM Cheetor (mega), Cyb Quickstrike, EN Dinobots, loads of unhung deluxes, a few Alts, and plenty more.

I always look up top as well as taking a stroll down the aisle. I've found some toys that way as well, whether deliberately hidden or simply set down in the wrong place.

11. UTK007

UTK007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very cool. Wal-Mart gets Transformers before Target for once.

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Leemon, I want to thank you for this thread. Because of it, i stopped by Wal-Mart today and found Optimus and Megatron sitting on the shelf. :D 

13. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    what were those 4.97 items?

14. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member

I'd guess 3" Titaniums...PREDAking, GREMlock (stupid WallyWorld), etc.

15. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    Yep; 3" Titanium Predaking, Grimlock, and Scorponok were bought on that day too.

Switchblade, I'm glad I could help a fellow collector. But, I've yet to find a Cybertron Beasty Megatron.

16. Knightshade

Knightshade Cybertronian Knight

I actually work for Wal-Mart and I even stock the toys at night, and we STILL haven't received any Classics.:banghead: 

EDIT: Guess what came in on last night's shippment?? Yep, two cases of Classics. Sooooo, I got Hot Rod (errr...Rodimus), Bumblebee, and Astrotrain.

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just thought I'd mention that I ran into deluxe Classics at an Ohio WM (Dayton Mall area) I was concerned because the price tage weren't up for them yet, and taking one to a self-scanner yielded a "check with an associate" message, but the cash register apparently knew more about the toys than the self-scanners did.

And THAT's how I completed my collection of first-wave Classics! :) 

18. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yeah they're not here either :(  I still need the two leaders.

19. lordaubie

lordaubie New Member

I found both tonight as well, at the WM in Opelika, AL. They hadn't been stocked yet, I found them on a pallet in a case labeled"TRA Cybertron Voyager Asst 9.5" which was still factory sealed and contained Optimus x2 and Megatron x2. It was very strange in deed.

I picked up an Optimus but not a Megatron tonight.

As a side note there were also 4 cases of the 20th Anni Optimus Prime Asst on the pallet, as well as several end-cap looking displays of CYB Deluxe Class figures. No Primal repaint, Megs Repaint, or Crosswise (Smokescreen) Repaint were seen though.

20. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    No. Argh! I saw "Tra Cybertron Leaders wave 3" and "Tra Cybertron Deluxe wave 5" on boxes at Wal-Mart in Forest Park, OH tonight. I wanted to ask a stockperson for a peek, but I didn't want to be a pest. I bet the deluxes were Classics!