Transformers Classics at action-hq

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by choas bringer, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Life=Pain

so far i am happy. Can't wait for real, final pics of the toys.

2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

both look good to me ...reason why I am stopping my cybertron collecting once I FINALLY find soundwave...if I ever do...he is impossible to find. Once I find him, Primus and the new Unicron I am quitting cybertron and saving for these guys :D 

3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:

Technically someone already did. When the lists came out there were 2 lists. The older one listed a deluxe prime and a voyager prime. The only difference being the voyager with trailer.

When the more recent list came out fairly recently, the deluxe listing for prime wasn't there anymore, but the voyager one was, and was moved up to wave 1 rather than 2.

Megs and Prime might be the same size, perhaps the huge backpack attachements Megs has makes him a voyager. Maybe its like Cybertron prime, a huge bot in regular mode, even bigger with all the attachements.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    BTW guys....

the picture of Megs in gun mode is said to be(from those of you who went to botcon last year) the same picture that was shown@botcon last year. This leads me to believe that all 4 pictures we see now were taken last year....get my lingo? Its been a year folks, these toys looked awesome then, IMAGINE what they will look like NOW?!!!!

So they have had a year to make changes and for all we know the final release might even blow these old early prototypes away.

Here's to hoping we get some good pics too instead of these crappy xeroxes.

5. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    hasn't the majority of this thread been mostly positive if erring on the side of "wish the pictures were better" or "witholding judgment until we get real pics"???

6. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

They have. These people that post to bitch about the negativity in this thread (which constitutes a small percentage of posts) are guilty of what they are bitching about; finding the negative in a sea of positive. They're taking the posts of a handful and overlooking the vast majority of the positive comments. To hell with them.

7. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    You can't really tell from these low quality pictures, but the design of their heads looks a lot like that of their actionmaster counterparts.

From what I can make out with these pictures thus far, I'm liking these new figures.

8. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Beautiful.

Prime is almost exactly like his G1 self, but still different. His weapon seems a bit lackluster though.

I love Megatron's alt mode, but then again I'm a bit biased since I own a NERF Maverick. The robot mode looks nice. Still looks G1, but it's different enough to hold its own.

Can't wait for these.

9. Straycat

Straycat TFQ Addict in Rehab

Well, my 2 cents-Prime looks pretty decent, but I am not feelin this new megs. The gun is okay looking, the robot mode just looks kinda lame IMO.

And yes, I will be the 50th person to say better pics could make a significant difference. :) 

10. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Well, it's the first non-reissue-gun-Megatron since the 1980s, it has a scope that seems to be his gun in bot mode and the handle of the gun is made from one of the legs.

I'd say he's at least remotely related to G1 Megatron. :thumb 

-airfox

11. dr.b

dr.b Well-Known Member

uh

these guys could have atleast used a thick handgun like a glock.yep megs would have been closer to his cartoon roots.
    by the way ,i have heard of the transformers classics line for a while,but do not understand what it is supposed to be.:confused: 

12. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    While I agree the maximals were pretty terrible, I'd say the Vehicons were/are even better than most of the figures we've gotten in the past few years. I love Tankor. Unless you were talking about the show, in which case I didnt see it.

You seem to be missing the point here. A lot of us liked the old characters, but we DONT like the undersized guys with no articulation. That's why we want the old characters with the new technology, so our childhood's can be better than before, and at a lower price :) 

Now, you could say "well that's what Alternators are for" and I'd agree with you, but Alternators doesnt have enough vehicle mode diversity (as of yet?). I mean come on, an Astrotrain Alternator? People would complain that he's neither a train nor a spaceship. So now they have their own new version and they're happy. I dont see what's so wrong about that.

13. R2Going

R2Going Cybertronian Sentinel

Ebay:

A Glock? You know that wasn't ever going to happen. A futuristic Gun mode is better than no Gun mode at all.

14. butz

butz slippery when wet

Heh, I was kinda hoping that pictures of some of the other figures might've been posted by the time I got back on here today.

15. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    And the simple fact is, Alternators were never meant to be toys in the practical sense. Hasbro's press releases for them describes them two-fold: 1/24 realistic cars, and your favorite characters from the past.

Agreed. As a kid I had just as much fun, if not more, with Shockwave and Sixshot as Megatron.

Galvatron was more about the tank for me though.

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Wow. Reading this and then your signature directly below it is a really entertaining example of irony.

17. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank god for once ill have the option of buying a Prime without the trailer, and it will save me money too :thumb 

To me the trailers are just big lumps of boring plastic, and they don't display well. The figure is where its at for me.

Between Scourge, Energon Prime, Armada Prime, G1 Prime, and some others, I'm running out of room for these giant plastic bricks :D 

18. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Prime looks like that G2 hero Prime in Robot mode.... Looks sexy on Alt mode though.

19. Armada_MK

Armada_MK BEAST EM BEAST EM DRAGON!!!

News Credits:
    And this coming from someone who can't spell the word :rolleyes2 

And the only reason you quoted my post is to make yourself look smart, And having nothing constructive to say, your wasting mine and every one else's time.

And to answer Abrogate's question, IMO both sucked.

Anyways back on subject, I think the figure's are sweet, And now that im employed full time again I'll be buying alot of NEO G1, Thank you all for your time

I'm Dark MK and im out........

20. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    *cough cough*

After thinking it it over, I'll be quite happy if Megatron has an arm mounted canon, and a G1-Like head. Love the return to gun alt-mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.