Transformers Classic Help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by evopete, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Yeah. They make pretty awesome stand-ins.

Big Daddy = Big Daddy (G1 micromaster)
    Divebomb = Sunstorm (G1 seeker)
    Jolt = Jolt and/or Road Hugger (G2 decepticon and G1 micromaster, respectively)
    Grindcore = Crush-Bull (G1 micromaster)

Jetstorm = Octane (G1 triplechanger)
    Wingblade = Springer (G1 triplechanger)
    Mudflap = Erector (G1 micromaster)
    Inferno = Inferno and/or Tote (G1 autobot and G1 micromaster, respectively)

Fracture = Crasher (Female gobot)
    Breakaway = Getaway (G1 autobot)
    Crankcase = Crankcase (G1 decepticon)

2. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You need to chug one beer post. Get on it!!!

Back on topic... I bought Wing Blade, and for me he is Micromaster Sunrunner.

I intend to buy Mudflap and Inferno but they will both be Autobots (with the help from reprolabels) and they'll be Grapple and First Aid.

Walmart exclusive Divebomb is actually Hooligan in my book.

Classics is FANTASTIC.

More please...

3. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I never thought of Mudflap as Grapple. Interesting...

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

That's probably because he was designed as an homage to the Micromaster, Erector...

5. evopete

evopete Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks Guys, again your help, has made my research get much easier....
    So here is what I have.... So some of the advice given was to compare the Henkie Line to the US line and pick and Choose.... i was like WHAT, I want one from either line, not mix and match, but then after researching I saw what you meant. I love the packageing of the HENKIE stuff, so JDM :D  , and so much nicer to the US stuff, but thats just the packaging. Then I could see that some of the US releases looked better than the JDM stuff, so now I am stuck.... Do Mix and Match or what....? I love JDM Astrotrain, Megs, BumbleBee, Optimus....and the rest I like in US release....So, with GI Joe 25th and this... I think I may dump my entire MOVIE line, as I bought those thinking they were the re-incarnations, when really these are the real deal.

6. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    I think its just best to go with what you feel is right. Personally, i'm doing the mix and match.

7. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Unicron.com has pictures of all the Transformers Classic Series released in 2007:
    http://www.unicron.us/tf2007/
    Bumblebee is the most valuable of the mass release Deluxe class, whereas Megatron is the most valuable of the Voyager class, from my experience.

8. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Mirage is awesome. I hope we see Hound at SDCC. There are no pictures of him yet, right? Classics 1.0 ruled.

9. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My best suggestions it to look for lots on ebay. Since most of the people here already have most of what they want they're willing to pay less for lots. Less competition. Also, if you're price sensitive, some people'll start dumping the Hasbro version as the Henkei versions come out. Snap it up for cheap then.

Here's the list separated by molds:

Optimus Prime (6 ver) - Voyager
    1) Optimus Prime
    2) Ultra Magnus - Target exclusive, came with Skywarp, upgrade set should be ordered now
    3) Optimus Prime (JP, Henkei) - chrome grill plus some small paint changes
    4) Optimus Prime (Botcon 08) - purple, evil Prime, maybe a motormaster homage.
    5) Crystal Clear Convoy (JP, Tokyo 08) - limited e-hobby edition from early in July. rumored 1000 pieces. Going price seems to be $120 loose and +$170 MISB
    6) Nemesis Prime (SDCC 08) - black with blue windows and highlights, convention is July 24th. Going price'll probably settle around $50 unless we get scalped.
    7) Scourge (???) - black with red windows, nothing confirmed but we've seen pics

Megatron (2 ver) - Voyager
    1) Megatron - nerf colors, his price was +$30 before the japanese release but should be <$20 now.
    2) Megatron (JP, Henkei) - G1 colors. Random chrome is on his crotch piece.

Jetfire (4 ver) - Voyager
    1) Jefire - nice update, ebaying around $25-$30 which isn't bad compared to retail. Price may drop a little once Skyfire comes out.
    2) Dreadwind (Botcon 07) - $80ish on ebay?
    3) Skyfire (JP, Henkei) - more white to be cartoon accurate. Chrome exhaust and white on his jetpack. Smaller canopy and a little blue. If the US Jetfire's price doesn't come down it may be better to get him.
    4) Treadbolt - dark blue repaint in Universe/Classic 2.0 line. Hasn't been released yet.

Bumblebee (5 ver) - Deluxe
    1a) Bumblebee v1 - yellow with stripes, jetpack, no weapons
    1b) Bumblebee v1.1 - the area where the rub symbol is at was widened to fit the sticker
    2) Cliffjumper - red with silver highlights, the fanproject made upgrade set had new head, new bumpers, and guns. It was limited to 300 pieces and bought for $30, $60, $75 depending on when and how you bought it as the online stores did not carry it at the time. Several sets ended up ebaying for +$300. If you have a spare bumblebee to spare you can replace cliffjumper's limbs with bumblebee's black ones.
    3) Bugbite (Botcon 07) - white with purple. He's a gobot.
    4) Bumblebee (JP, Henkei) - stripes are gone so he's all yellow. Not quite classic bumblebee because the random yellow chrome is on his engine block.
    5) Bumblebee v2 - new colors that is an unreleased 3-pack with animated bee and premium movie bumblebee. White stripes are now black.

Starscream (6 ver)
    1) Starscream - mold's lacks some articulation but it's fun to play with. He price skyrocketed before the japanese version but a loose one can be had for $15-$20. Face was unpainted.
    2) Skywarp - came with Ultra Magnus. $15 loose.
    Thundercracker (Botcon 07) - $100-$300. He's on the lower end now since the announcment of Henkei Thundercracker. Botcon issues include wrong missile launchers.
    3) Starscream (JP, Henkei) - Thanks goodness the only chrome is his missile launcher. Face is painted and decorations are different from US.
    4) Acidstorm - not yet released. Green camo. Was suppose to be Rainmaker but Hasbro could get the name. Has a painted head that you could swap with Starscream. Only $10 seeker you'll see anytime soon.
    5) Thundercracker (JP, Henkei) - store exclusive, $75. The date for ordering is over and he's in production now to be released in September. Cartoon paint job and chrome launchers.
    6) Skywarp (JP, Henkei) - - store exclusive, $75. The date for ordering is over and he's in production now to be released in September. Cartoon paint job and chrome launchers. Sometimes more lavender then purple.

Ramjet (4 ver) - delxue, remold of starscream
    1) Ramjet - you should still be able to find these for $10. As a remold of starscream he got his cone head and new wings and missiles. Paint job is new.
    2) Dirge (Botcon 08) repaint of Ramjet. Price $100-$200.
    3) Thrust (Botcon 08) repaint and he got new wings. $100-$350 Price shot up with the announcement of the Japanese Thundercracker because the new wings are the property of Funpub not Hasbro so the chances of him being made by Takara is less. If he's made though the price'll go down.
    4) Ramjet (JP, Henkei) - chrome exhaust and pilot seat. Very white. Wings are red

Astrotrain (2 ver) - deluxe
    1) Astrotrain - he's white and a bullet train now. Most people prefer shuttle mode. Should be around $10 if you're patient, especially when Henkei Astrotrain is out in force.
    2) Astrotrain (JP, Henkei) - purple, cartoon deco. Chrome is his exhaust.

Grimlock (3 ver) - deluxe
    1) Grimlock - transformation is different enough from G1 to turn many people off. Has should issues also. $5-$10
    2) Grimlock/Baby Trypticon (Botcon 08) - evil grimlock in trypiticon deco.
    3) Grimlock (JP, Henkei) - can't remember where the chrome is at.

Hotrod/Rodimus (3 ver) - deluxe
    1) Hotrod - has a tiny hand saw. $10
    2) Hotrod (Botcon 08) - nice black paint job, especially the purple flames. Reminds you of the Menasor SDCC repaint. Has a goatee. Think he's going for $100-$125.
    3) Hotrod (JP, Henkei) - chrome spoiler, G1 hood is orange instead of red. Pick your poison.

Mirage (4 ver) - deluxe
    1) Mirage - greatest posebility of the classics.
    2) Clear Mirage (Botcon 07) deep translucent blue, came with attendance.
    3) Mirage (JP, Henkei) - front is chromed?
    4) Fracture - yet to be released Walmart exclusive. It's the gobot crasher so it has a pink face. It'll be $10 when it hits retail but will disappear fast so pay attention!!!

Octane/Tankor - deluxe
    Tankor - mostly found at TRU but in some Walmarts also. Not sure what his official release date is but he's still popping up.

Sunstreaker/Sideswipe (4 ver) - deluxe
    1) Sunstreaker - same as Tankor
    2) Sideswipe - not yet released. Same mold as sunstreaker but different transformation and head. Woot!!!
    3) Sunstreaker (JP, Henkei) - engine and spoiler is chromed.
    4) Sideswipe (JP, Henkei) - he's coming, no doubt

Prowl (3 ver) - deluxe
    1) Prowl - horrible paint jobs, too much neck. Availability same as Tankor and sunstreaker
    2) Prowl (JP, Henkei) - chrome where?
    3) Bluestreak/Silverstreak - not yet released but starting to pop up on ebay.

Ironhide/Ratchet - deluxe
    1) Ironhide - not yet released in US
    2) Ironhide (JP, Henkei) - not yet released
    3) Ratchet (JP, Henkei) - not yet released, new head. Hasbro won't release a US version while animated Rachet is in circulation.

Soundwave - TRU exclusive which rarely saw shelf time due to scalpers. He's not a new mold but uses the remolded G1 Soundwave, the black one. Comes with and fits Laserbeak and Ravage

Others coming down the line.
    Galvatron - it's a deluxe tank
    Powerglide - ultra size, WTF? US version is white, JP version is red, repaint will be Storm Cloud
    Onslaught - ultra, can't combine. US and JP versions are slightly different colors
    Silverbolt - ultra, can't combine. US and JP versions are slgihtly different
    Hound - haven't seen him yet
    Blitzwing - Hasbro said they wanted to do all the triple-changers. Don't know if this includes the autobot ones but it HAS to include Blitz. Won't be anytime soon though with Animated Blitzwing due for release.

Stunt Doubles - they get less accurate as you go down the list
    Huffer (Botcon 07) - repainted Cybertron Armorhide
    Weirdwolf (Botcon 07) - repainted Cybetron Snarl
    Alpha Trion (Botcon 07) - repainted Cybertron Vector Prime
    Wheeljack - Energon Downshift, Superlink Wheeljack
    Brawn - Cybertron Overhaul
    Scourge - Titanium Scourge
    Big Daddy, micromaster - Walmart Exclusive, TFTM repaint of Cybertron Downshift
    Constructicon Devastator (Energon Devestator Repaint Wal-Mart Exclusive)
    Arcee/Elita-One/Moonstar/etc - most people use the energon arcee and repaints. It's the closest'll you'll get.
    Jazz - Botcon 08 Jazz for the head, TFTM Target G1 Jazz, Animated Jazz for car modes.
    --
    Springer (Botcon 07) - repainted Cybetron Defense Scattorshot, not a triplechanger
    Breakaway/Getaway - Walmart Exclusive, TFTM repaint of Cybertron Hotshot/Excellion
    Crankcase Walmart Exclusive, TFTM repaint of Cybertron Red Alert/Cannonball
    Divebomb = Sunstorm (G1 seeker)
    Jolt = Jolt and/or Road Hugger (G2 decepticon and G1 micromaster, respectively)
    Grindcore = Crush-Bull (G1 micromaster)
    Jetstorm = Octane (G1 triplechanger)
    Wingblade = Springer (G1 triplechanger)
    Mudflap = Erector (G1 micromaster)
    Inferno = Inferno and/or Tote (G1 autobot and G1 micromaster, respectively)

Details, Details - guys you'd have to paint
    Seaspray - Cybertron Shortround/TFTM Storm Surge
    Beachcomber - Cybertron Hardtop/Swindle, maaaaaaaaybe TFTM Landmine
    Pipes - Cybertron Armorhide, replace the white with black and put him next to Botcon Huffer.
    Powerglide - Energon combiner limb (can't remember names), it's a stretch but not anymore then the official release

Craptacular excuses for Classics line.
    Optimus Prime vs Megatron (2-Pack)
    Minicons and Legends - not bothering to list them since the minicons were leftovers from other lines and legends aren't really what are drawing people in.
    xxth Anniversary Optimus Prime - it's a good character but a little big.
    Walmart Masterpiece Starscream - same reason as prime

Notes
    1) US 1.0 versions have the rub symbol, Japanese Henkei do not but have random chrome.
    2) Botcon figures officially are around 900-1100 pieces which means that with extras it's still <2000.
    3) Prices are the best I've seen but you have to be patient, which most of you aren't.