Transformers Classic Help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by evopete, Jul 2, 2008.

1. evopete

evopete Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    OK guys, so about a year and 1/2 go almost 2 now, I got into Transformers Movie Line..... So I went crazy and pretty muched stopped collecting EVERYTHING after the 3 rd wave of Target Exclusives... I have bought a few of the latest exclusives, but pretty much have stopped....then by the stroke of luck (searching for Joes) i saw what I have no learned to be Tranformers Classics Series 2.0 . I bought them as PROWL was my FAV as a kid. I then started my research and realized there was a whole first wave of these guys a few years back, and had I known would never had even started the mOvie line and spent my time and money on getting these. I even remember crossing the Devestator set once, and passing as I was either looking for JOes or Movie Line stuff....now know I cam accross Gold and passed it right up has haunted me these past few nights...... But know I am ready to drop most of the movie line stuff minus the good exclusives an ramp up to play catch up with Classics 1.0 . I was just wondering if anyone could give me some back ground on this line and what I should look out for. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I know there tons of awsome knowledgable dudes on these boards....

Here are some main question I have:

When did they actually come out? (1.0 series)

Are there only the 3 Voyeger Classes Jetfire, Optimus, and Megatron?

Which one is going to cost me the most (hardest of the regualer line to find)?

Is the Walmart Constucticons Sets a Ledgends Set or bigger like Delux?

Will they re-release the 1.0s with the 2.0 Waves...?

Again any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

Not sure when they came out.

There's only those 3 molds for Voyagers, but there's also an Ultra Magnus repaint of the Prime (bundled with Skywarp, a repaint of Starscream)

Not sure which one costs the most since I got them all loose.

I think they would fit in the 'scout' description?

I don't think they will re-release them, but you can buy the Japanese Classics 1.0 repaints. Some are nicer, they have chrome on some parts and have different paint apps (some better, some worse).

These are just off the top of my head since I don't own all the toys.

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:

1.they came out in 05-07 with one more coming this year(mirage movie repaint)
    2.yep 3 voyager class(prime,megs and jetfire with a magnus repaint)
    3.I would recommend getting the henkei versions now cause some of them are getting expensive(seekers,jetfire and megs)
    4.the devastator set are deluxe sized but combined they are large(energon repaint i think)
    5.They wont be coming back anytime soon

4. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    In addition to what have been said:

3) depends on market, heard that it was nightmare getting Rodimus over in the US, over here only Mirage and CLiffjumper are warming shelves.
    4) Scavenger is a deluxe, all 4 limbs are scout sized.
    5) No plans have been heard from Hasbro, and I doubt they're gonna re-release the 1.0 anymore.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    there's 2 two-packs: a deluxe prime and tank megatron, and a target exclusive that has a white repaint of the voyager prime mold as magnus, and skywarp. Devastator is an Energon repaint, 4 basics/scouts and 1 deluxe. there are 8 legends size figures, and there's also 6 3-pack minicons (all new molds). deluxes are bumblebee, cliffjumper, grimlock, rodimus, astrotrain, starscream, ramjet, mirage... voyagers are prime, megs, jetfire. BotCon 07's exclusive boxset included thundercracker, thrust, dirge, a repaint of jetfire as dreadwind, and a repaint of bumblebee as bugbite.

6. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    At this point I'd start out getting the Henkei versions of characters that were released in Classics 1.0 (when available); they pretty much all have superior decos (especially Henkei Megatron and Astrotrain) and run about the same or even slightly less than the Classics 1.0 releases.

Thus far Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Starscream, Mirage, Astrotrain and Hot Rod have been released in Henkei. There are exclusive versions of Skywarp and Thudercracker coming soon, and they're pricey, but no where near as pricey as the Botcon Thundercracker. It remains to be seen if Thrust and Dirge (the other two Botcon-exclusive seekers) will see a Japanese release, but I'd lay money that we'll at least see Dirge. I'd also consider getting a Music Label Soundwave mp3 player, it's a fabulous, well articulated, deluxe-sized version and can be had for $50-60 shipped if you hit the right auction on eBay.

I'd only bought Starscream in Classics 1.0, so this is what I'm currently doing.

7. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Down here, i see plenty of Grimlocks and Cliffjumpers. I want Mirage :( 

I could get the Henkei version, but i prefer the deco on the Hasbro one.

8. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    1.) Classics came out around the end of '06 with wave 1 and ended around the spring of '07 with wave 3.

2.) Yep, Prime, Megs and jetfire are the only 3 voyager figures out for the moment, unless you count the Ultra Magnus repaint as a seperate voyager.

3.) It's hard to really tell which one cost's most or is hardest to find, unless you count the botcon exclusives, which is impossible to find and cost over $300 originally.

4.) The constructicons are 1 deluxe with 4 scouts, a repaint of the energon constructicon maximus.

5.) We're only getting Jetfire in 2.0 as a repaint, so I don't think that really counts.

9. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Well ,The Classics BumbleBee WILL be re-released as part of a Wal-Mart exclusive "Legacy of BumbleBee" 3 pack, with the Movie Premium BB , and the Deluxe Animated BB. When? Later this year ...I think.

I plan to pick that up FO-SHO. I recommend you do the same.

10. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

The TRU re-issue of Soundwave (Soundblaster mold--extra chest space) with Ravage and Laserbeak was also thrown into the Classics line...though it's pretty much exactly like G1 soundwave.

Also, DVD Prime (repaint of MP Prime) was also under the Transformers Classics packaging, as well as Pepsi Prime.

11. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

And to add to this...I actually have a MIB one for sale, so if interested..lmk.

I really dont consider him part of the Classics line, even though Velcro is right, and it says it on the Box. Pretty cool set though. Even comes with little cassette holders. :) 

12. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hoping for a new Soundwave mold for the classics line.

13. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Well you know the word is the Ravage, that will come with the Upcomming Universe "Classics 2.0" Hound ,will be able to fit inside Soundwave. Or so Ive heard...

My question is...which Soundwave? The Cybertron one? The TRU "Classics" one? Or a , so far, unannounced one?

14. evopete

evopete Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    WOW.... you guys are great...thank you so much for the info.... So looks like i have some catching up to do. Definitly will be looking into the Music Label Soundwave mp3 player, that looks cool. Now the thing I have to decide is do I want the US or Japan Released, I mean I love the US stuff, as thats the TOYS i know, but IM a sucker for JDM stuff....So I have a few more questions....

IS there anywhere other than ebay to get these guys in te box?
    If so, how much are they going for now? (what are reasonable prices at this point?)
    If I buy, should I buy Loose or in the Package? I am afraid if I buy in the package, I will open anyway one day....(So many questions, so little time, many joes still to buy and funds are running low.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) ok im fine now :p 

15. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I'd suggest hunting in the Junkion Exchange here first before heading to online shops. And if you're going to open them anyway, buying them out of package shouldn't be too big a deal and may save you some cash on both the item and shipping.

And before you go buying the JP ones, I suggest trying to find some comparison pics between the figures. On some it's just not worth the import price compared to other figs.

16. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And if you want to get all nutty and crazy with your new classics collection, Fansprojects/TFclub have some cool upgrade kits if you're down to spend the money

1. Cliffjumper upgrade kit (new head, weapons, bumper) but that will probably cost more than the botcon seekers.
    2. Ultra magnus kit (trailer that turns into armor) up on BBTS.com for preorder (check them for classics and henkei too)
    3. Just announced, mini megs (henkei and classics) a tiny gun for your starscream to hold. and a light-up autobot matrix
    4. And a trailer for Optimus Prime on the way.

All are (or will be) a tad expensive. but worth it if you fall in love with classics like so much of us have.

EDIT:and here's a fun link of some collections
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=169586

17. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Uhhh...that link dont work Free. :( 

18. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hound huh? News to me I guess Hasbro said something at botcon. If it is a new Ravage I would imagine it would work the Cyberton mold since it is getting repainted into blaster now. Still I would like to see a Masterpiece or Classics of Soundwave. I wold not think Ravage would fit into the G1 Soundwave because I think that Soundwave came with a Ravage.

19. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Yes he did, and yes, they annouced it at BC 08'. No pics though. :( 
    I got my info from the "Transformers Archives" site....who got theirs from fosterlager's "Botcon Hasbro Panel Report with Q&A" thread in the "News & Rumours" section of this forum. :) 

20. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been looking for a classics white astrotrain for less than $20, but no luck. I need it for a repaint.