Transformers Cinematic Universe Is Over, Current Movie Series To Be Rebooted

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I don't know about calling them robot dinosaurs when Grimlock was nothing more than a huge ginormous robotic pet dog. Yeah, that's right...he was nothing more than that in TLK. And in AOE he wasn't anything fearsome. It was just pathetic how the dinobots were shown.

• Like Like x 1
  2. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hypothesises do have imagination, man. They're there to predict something even if it isn't true.

EDIT: I'm not going to exclude the term 'definitely' in that post. Because I don't disagree with you there. But what I will say, is that I find it humorous with the way you can connect things.

Also, I would say 'probably' to your second question.

Come on, why are you being aggressive to my opinion?

Maybe I should have added a playful :p  to emphasis one of my posts? So I avoid triggering the responses of certain people who haven't posted in a long time?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  3. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Give it time. It's likely getting reworked but will come back soon as they're ready to bring Cobra-La into the comics and wider media. Giant creatures are coming back in style in a big way, so an inhumanoids like research series as a subdivision of GI Joe or a civiliian science entity seems very likely to happen eventually.

• Like Like x 2
  4. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
  5. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    • Like Like x 3
  6. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
  7. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Crap. :( 

Well, what happens now?

8. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    Well if hasbro is not entirely being honest, their bottom line will determine that.

Remember, TLK severely underperformed in the box office and trends since DoTM proves their take in the box office has consistently been dropping indicating losing interest and general audience dissatisfaction in the current series.

Just look when yesterday hasbro announced the reboot, it generated positive hype.

It will all ultimately be up to hasbro to assure their investors they did not just lie. If not, they’d probably need to have a serious talk to this certain “brand manager” as to who runs the corporation.

9. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the Hasbro bigwigs doing the Investor Conference probably have a broader say-so than one of the toy brand managers...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    By "reset direction", investors will hear "make profitible again."

The war might just be lost.
    But i imagine that we wont see a Transformers Movie until after Gijoe and maybe as a cameo, so at the very least theyre giving it a break.

Hence "War for Cybertron."

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    If I was a hasbro big boss/executive who already promised one thing to the very people who put their money in the corporation, id be frowning right about now and finding out who this “brand manager” is, maybe have a little talk about who runs things.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    And just look at it, this brand manager’s comment has not made it on the headlines of the TFW homepage.

What we basically have here is the corporation sending out official announcement and an underling undermining that announcement.

Would be wise if hasbro straightens this up as to which is really which so there is no second-guessing as to their intent and plans for the future. They can’t have an underling undermining their official announcement to their investors. As a corporation responsible to their investors, they simply cannot allow this confusion to stand.

13. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

It wouldn't be the first time.

At this point, I'm fine either way, but I'd actually prefer at least one last main film before a reboot, just because I want to see Unicron and whether Quintessa is truthfully a Creator resolved, and I'd love one last ride with Prime, Welkertron, NoLongerMuteBee, John GoodHound, Crosshairs, and Drift, the latter three whom I enjoy much more than the usual goody two-shoe Autobots that kiss the ass of Prime. Plus, the endless bitching if they don't reboot will be entertaining no matter what.

At the same time, if they do reboot, I will give it a shot, and regardless of quality I will no doubt enjoy watching fans waging flame wars over the designs, character choices, human focus, stories, and likely ridiculous moments that happen in the films from grown men who take this child toys' brand way too seriously.

And regardless of what they do, some of my favorite characters haven't even shown up in live action yet: Beachcomber, Cyclonus, Blitzwing, Punch-Counterpunch, Sixshot, Optimus Primal, Cosmos, and so on.

No matter what Paramount does, Transformers is "ruined FOREVER!" I can't wait for the ruination!

No reboot. Reboot. Get Shrekt!

• Like Like x 2
  14. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The movies have been absolute shit from Day One. Thank you for killing it. Now, let's get this series closer to G1, because we all know that's what the masses want to see. Even the kids prefer G1 to everything that came after. Embrace it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    I'd suggest waiting until after Bumblebee's movie before really jumping to conclusions.
    Plan right now allegedly is to reboot after it. With a new GI Joe movie coming, time to start planning the HCU longevity properly.
    It rakes in a ton of cash. Uh guys, let's rethink this. Plans changed! one more movie!
    It's not lying to investors. It's following the money to make the investors more money while creating hype along the way. That's called marketing. Investors would be fine with it so long as their bottom lines increased. And most direct investors are usually privy to this info while it's the public that's not.

Like Hugh Jackman saying no more wolverine for him. Yet now Disney may get the license, and Ryan Reynolds is even pleading with him. "Okay maybe one or two more, but I really did want to finish out with the Logan movie. But then big changes happened and a chance to be part of the MCU is exciting!" Who would blame him? Did he lie? No. Plans changed, new factors came into play that weren't possible before. That's business. Gotta adapt and grow as things change. Plan one way, but be ready to pivot if needed.

Also "everyone prefers g1!" Not exactly true. To new audiences, their first exposure is their G1. Many of us like G1 because it's what started it all, but everyone has their own entry point and preferences. Grand assumptions leave areas out. Heck some of us G1 lovers even found our own new preferences. Like I'm absolutely a G1 purist and prefer that incarnation, but then animated characters and new interpretations have created new preferences. Drift, Windblade and Sari as well as Cogman are my four favorite characters. Sometimes Bulkhead too as he's so loveable and squishy.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    I've wanted there to be a reboot since the first movie,
    but when he says "reset the direction" to investors, he saying "insure profitability"

See the TF movies have been making less and less money.
    Sooo reset the direction means increasing the profit.

Now how they go about increasing the profit, who knows?

Making the Transformers look and act like the characters
    I grew up with would get me back in the theater, maybe multiple times.
    I for one have stopped supporting Bay's vision of Transformers.

stats here:
    Transformers Franchise Box Office History - The Numbers

• Like Like x 1
  17. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    We are looking into the matter right now. We need to get a clear word on what was said during Investor Day and why TF6 was removed from the original slate (2019 June) and why there is no movie in the foreseeable future.

• Like Like x 10
  18. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    Thank you. This helps because this is significant news with conflicting declarations so it’s confusing to fans, audience and investors. You just scratch your head and wonder what’s really going on, considering the reboot announcement yesterday was welcomed enthusiastically by not only fans but by hasbro investors as well.

F36BB5DA-935C-4FC7-AB61-F33B90299DFC.png

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    I bet when they see fan reaction they might make "new plans"

• Like Like x 2
  20. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Just received a reliable word that Bleeding Cool got it wrong. Something is happening and we are still waiting to hear.

• Like Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.