< Transformers = China Recall?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by neospark1, Aug 23, 2007.

1. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I cannot believe that I have not thought of this before ...

It just dawned on me that part of the reason why we may not be seeing the newest Transformers products on a wider scale is that ..... maybe ..... Hasbro is "checking" product before releasing en masse due to the recent China produce scares.

What are your thoughts?

Neo

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I doubt it.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Hmm, hadn't thought of that... it would make sense though; better to be safe than sued, I suppose.

4. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I guess its a possibility.

5. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

Do bear in mind just how little amounts of paint are actually on TFs.

6. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

That had crossed my mind a few times. Also softer plastics, like those used in some of the movie toys, can also contain lead.

7. gnodprime1

gnodprime1 Made of sterner stuff

Ebay:
    I thought that too. It strikes me very odd, being a profit based business, with the pronounced amount of products attached to the movie, for Hasbro to have underestimated the popularity of its core toy line. We're going on months without deluxes on the pegs, which is their highest volume size/price point. That being said, wouldn't the execs notice that their supply running out, and kick the factories into overdrive to meet demand? You don't see them running out of Superman/Spiderman/Star Wars toys during a major film release. There has to be something else at work there.

8. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

I kind of assumed that they were a little busy with the recall. I mean, while TF's may not have been directly recalled, handling the thousands upon thousands of different product types coming back in would clog the works up a bit. Well, that and the fact that the Chinese factories are probably undergoing some major inspections.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I suppose it could be a factor in the rich tapestry. I'd imagine Hasbro is being very careful and double-checking to avoid lead and recalls, which could add delays to already strained work to catch up on supply for the demand.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I would imagine this is at least part of the reason. Hasbro's playing it safe, it's good PR to say none of their products were affected but as a precaution they carried out extensive inspections and tests on all outgoing products.

To a concerned parent, that makes them safer than Mattel, which potentially could win them a lot of business. Anyone notice a shortage in restocking of other Hasbro brands? If this is accurate TF won't be the only ones affected, just the most prominent because of the massive demand the Movie generated.

11. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Toys licensed through Hasbro or Takara are probably going to be pretty safe. For those people who like KO's however, there are no guarantees.

12. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Probably a lot more than you would think.

Any toy with clear windows, usually the whole roof is painted.

13. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    True or not, I rather think they be double-checking on quality assurance, especially the companies contracted to make the toys.

14. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

I'm sure I have read that Hasbro is being more vigilant at checking their toys for these hazards after the massive recalls by Mattel.

15. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Its entirely possible, but that doesn't explain why every other assortment aside from Deluxe is chugging along normally. TECHs, small Titaniums, Robot Heroes, etc etc are all coming out as they normally would. I even found all the new Voyagers today. Ditto for Hasbro's other brands such as GI Joe and Star Wars. All are getting to the pegs with no problem. No, I dont buy any recall/inspection theory. Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

I stick with the theory that they just didn't make enough, not wanting pegwarmers languishing until Animated hits.

16. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Delays because of special checking? No. Not likely at all. Manufacturers have a "it's fine until someone complains" way of looking at such things. Unless there's a report of any lead in their paints, they aren't going to check jack.

It's just a matter of spreading themselves too thin with production. That's all.

17. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I would think that Hasbro is double-checking to cover their asses, and I can't blame them. It probably costs less to check before shipping than it does to handle a recall and possible class-action lawsuits.

18. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Are the TFs packaged overseas, or shipped here loose and packaged here?

19. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I do believe there was an article linked to here on the boards just a week or two ago, about Hasbro doing extra vigilance in light of the toys that came from the company with the "gold standard" for manufacturing/safety checking in China not even being safe.

20. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    I think My Little Ponies also saw a shortage of sorts. Our store got in some pretty old MLP's in our last truck.