Transformers Chess Anyone ?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by starscreaming, Feb 6, 2006.

1. starscreaming

starscreaming TFAuctions.com

While we are in attendance at the British Toy Fair we got speaking to a good friend of ours from Hasbro. We got talking about a possible chess set to be made in the way of transformers.

Now the questions are what would everyone like to see in a transformers chess set?

Would you like it G1, Armada or a mixture of all? What would you like the board to look like? Would you like the idea of upgrades to replace existing pieces?

Hasbro would like to hear all your comments on this subject and when the thread has had enough time to build on post we will submit all entries to them.

Thanks,

TFAuctions.com :thumbs2: 

2. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

G1. The board should be the color of the transformers grid from the old boxes. Maybe have the board contain two different colored (red/yellow, purple/silver) grid boards. Whoever wins get's to pick the board color.

3. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's right, they mentioned that they may make some. But i think the price was like $200.....
    I sounded a little stiff for most of us though.
    IMO i'g get a G1 chess set but not at that price.

4. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
  5. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    Definately G1, and the g1 box style grid was a good idea.

Characters for autobots: prowl+bluestreak, ironhide+ratchet, grapple+inferno, Optimus King, Grimlock Queen, smaller bumblebee+cliffjumper+brawn+powerglide+warpath+gears+seaspray+beachcomber for pawns

decepticons: frenzy+rumble, starscream+skywarp, dirge+thrust or, eh... astrotrain+blitzing... Megatron King, Soundwave Queen, smaller constructicons plus buzzsaw/laserbeak for pawns

The pieces should have large individually designed bases, to clearly, distinguish their function (important for smaller parts, as well as recognizing the function of your opponent's pieces compared to your own).

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know, for a high end piece of merchandise like a chess set similar to what we see from Star Trek, Star Wars and LotR Chess Sets... $200 isn't that steep at all. I know alot of us probably wouldn't be able to pay for it, but... actually I think that's a bunch of bs... when I look at all the massively expensive transformers that alot of people buy. $200 dollars for a chess set seems more to me like people are just being complaisant... :redface2: 

7. starscreaming

starscreaming TFAuctions.com

The comments have been great and the general response is looking very good.

Now whom would you like to see actually make this Chess Set? Who would be the ideal people to get this set going and produce an amazing set?

Lets see who people think would make a great chess set.

Thanks,

TFAuctions.com

8. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well, like was said above, we already went through this with First4Figures, whom already has the license to produce such an item and whom are already looking into doing it. Would be kinda redundant to have 2 companies producing the same item.