Transformers Characters Theme Music

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ljjnico, Aug 12, 2009.

1. ljjnico

ljjnico Future Autobot Leader

Thought of a really good and interesting thread.

What about theme songs associated with characters from cartoons and comics.

Silverbolt and Blackarachnia - Almost Here by Brian McFadden and Delta Goodrem - Because Silverbolt is after Blackarachnia even though she's a Predacon and the roles are reversed in Beast Machines as Blackarachnia wants to free Silverbolt from his Vehicon imprisoned body then Universe, Silverbolt back to being his good old chivalrous self wanting to free Blackarachnia from the corrupt grip of Unicron.

Sunstreaker - Mr. Vain by Culture Beat - It's an accurate description of G1 Sunstreaker, he is absolutely vain!

Dinobot (Beast Wars)/Prowl (Animated)/Starscream (Armada) - Leave Out All the Rest by Linkin Park - All brave warriors who sacrificed themselves in a major battle.

Galvatron - I'm Going Slightly Mad by Queen - Perfect description of G1 Galvatron throughout season 3 especially the episode Webworld!

2. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Human by the Killers is one of my favorite songs, and everytime I listen to it, I think of Sari Sumdac from Transformers Animated. It just seems to fit her character.

NEST from the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen score goes with just about any Autobot you can think of, but mostly the ones who were actually in the movie (obviously).

That's all I've got. I could probably think of more, but I'm drawing blanks at the moment...okay, here's a few more.

Maybe Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones for Blitzwing? *shrug* (LOL)

Anything hip-hop for Movie Jazz, I guess. And any kind of music will fit Movie Bumblebee (for obvious reasons).

3. ljjnico

I totally agree with Blitzkrieg Bop because it's upbeat and random just like Animated Blitzwing plus hip-hop would suit Jazz in any of his incarnations.

4. ljjnico

Thought of a few more,

Hot Rod (G1) - Eye of the Tiger by Survivor - He's hungry for adventure and action and seeks to learn from the best!

Kup and Ironhide - Desperado by the Eagles - Both are good old Autobots with plenty of war stories for young bots to take heed from.

Wheeljack, Grapple and Hoist - Warning by Green Day - All 3 of these Autobots need to take extra care when it comes to being in the lab or constructing a structure.

Megatron and Galvatron - Mein Herz Brennt by Rammstein - Both are the stuff made of nightmares and when they're on the battlefield, destruction is inevitable!

Cyclonus, Scourge and Sweeps (G1) - Sonne by Rammstein - When their jet engines roar, Cyclonus, Scourge and his sweeps are ready to attack both Autobot and humans that are allied with Autobots!

Thundercracker (G1) - Keine Lust by Rammstein - He can't be arsed when it comes to the Decepticon cause!

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I remember seeing a musical tribute video to G1 Mirage on YouTube with the song "Invincible Man" by Queen, which pretty much describes Mirage to a tee.

6. ljjnico

I think it's actually called "The Invisible Man"

7. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Grimlock-I AM WARLUS by The Beatles do by it has something what Grimlock is.
    Swoop-Back in Black by AC/DC it fit Swoop very well.
    Shockwave-E.G.G.M.A.N by some Sonic Rocker guy because of Shockwave is a logic being.
    Optimus Prime/Arcee-That song that Billy Ray and Miley sing It remind me of those two as Father and Daughter.
    Omega Supreme-There a light at end this Tunnel by Third Day He is the last line of defense.
    Megatron-Love Story by Korn because he is Terror Evil Being.
    Blurr-Scatman by Scatman John because Blurr sound like he is scating.
    Soundwave-Virus Alert by Weird Al do by he got Army out of he's creat it kinda fit.

8. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Oh, cool thread! I'm going to match the G1 versions with songs.
    The best I can think of so far:

Megatron: 'Hitman' YouTube - Queen - The Hitman - suits Meg's magalomania and callousness, especially in the '86 movie.
    The line 'fool for your love' can be interpreted as a lust for power or greed.

Starscream: 'What Comes Around' YouTube - Ill NiƱo - What Comes Around + Lyrics HQ - The lyrics just epitomise SS deeper seeded hatred for Megatron. A darker track that Megs'. A few lines about, 'I miss you' etc, may be directed at Megs' distrust and dismissal of SS.

Optimus Prime: 'We Fight For Love' YouTube - Commando - "We Fight For Love" - Suits Prime 100%.

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unicron- Powerslave by Iron Maiden.
    Megatron/Galvatron-Sad But True by Metallica
    Blaster- Rockit by herbie Hancock
    Cosmos- Major Tom (from the 80s.can't recall the artist- but it isn't Bowie.)
    Jazz- Charlie Parker tunes -pick any of em!
    Omega Supreme- Sonne by Rammstein
    Hot Rod- Jesus Built My Hot Rod by Ministry.

10. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

ode to joy - movie soundwave and frenzy.

11. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

silverbolt & blackarachnia-violet hill-by coldplay, i think it works for them in BM
    transmetal 2 cheetor- animal i have become-3 days grace- think about it, its perfect
    dinobot- to the stars- dragonheart, only thing that can make Code of Hero any sadder

12. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    Hmmm... I'll have to think on this one...

13. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Skids-I Wupped Batman's Ass
    Mudflap-I wupped Spider-Man's Ass
    Optimus-We Got A Great Big Convoy
    Bumblebee-Flight Of The Bumblebee
    Starscream-The Fame (Lady GaGa)
    The Fallen-1901 (Phoenix) It always sounds to me like he's saying "fallen" instead of "fallin'"
    Ironhide-whatever country hick song like Garth Brooks or somesuch
    Soundwave-The Robots (Kraftwerk)
    Blurr-no.1 (Blur)

14. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    There was a video on YouTube (which has sadly vanished) which mashed up clips of the Dinobots from TFTM with Andrew WK's 'Party Hard'.

Despite the title, I thought it was actually fitting for the Dinobots, given that it's about not listening to authority and doing what you like because what you like is what you do, and, well, that IS the Dinobots.

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Barricade (Movie) - 'Breaking the Law' by Judas Priest
    Bludgeon (G1) - 'Orochi' by Kitaro
    Lockdown (Animated) - 'The Mercenary' by Iron Maiden
    Nightbeat (G1) - 'Private Eye' by Alkaline Trio
    Optimus Prime (Animated) - 'Go the Distance' by Michael Bolton
    Thunderwing (G1) - 'Princes of the Universe' by Queen
    Wreck-Gar (any incarnation) - 'Dare to be Stupid' by Weird Al Yankovic

16. DarkDranzer

DarkDranzer Well-Known Member

Galvatron (mostly Webworld) - Sanitarium by Metallica
    Galvatron (in general) - A Dangerous Mind by Within Temptation, Becoming Insane by Infected Mushroom
    Dead End - Nothing Else Matters by Metallica

17. ljjnico

Never thought of Welcome Home (Sanitarium)! That is a really good choice, that along with Queen's I'm Going Slightly Mad really do fit in with Webworld.

Plus nice choice with Dead End's song of choice because he is so sullen and fatalistic

18. Spoon

Spoon Banned

19. ljjnico

Thought of some more,

Galvatron (G1) - Coming Undone by Korn - It really reflects Galvatron becoming an uncontrollable insane maniac!

Autobots (G1) - My Immortal by Evanescence and Hurt by Johnny Cash - Both really sad songs that really pay tribute to all Autobots that lost their sparks in the heat of battle against the Decepticons.

Unicron and his Heralds - Der Meister by Rammstein - It's the end of many planets whenever Unicron and his Heralds arrive!

Rampage (BW) - Silent Hill by Akira Yamaoka and Climbing Up the Walls by Radiohead - He is one scary Predacon and that's why he has music from the survival horror game Silent Hill and the creepiest song by Radiohead.

Starscream (Armada) - Going Under by Evanescence - He goes on a roaring rampage of revenge after hearing his Decepticon superiors planning to steal his Star Saber!

Motormaster - Diesel Blues by James A. Johnston - Very blues rock and has the engine revving along with the horn. This is Motormaster on the road causing havoc!

Tracks and Sunstreaker - Sexy Boy by Shawn Michaels, Jimmy Hart and James A. Johnston - Both are vain and think that they are the sexiest cars around!

20. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Optimus Primal - Fly From the Inside - Shinedown. If you listen, it fits perfectly to him.

Cheetor - I'm Just a Kid - Simple Plan. Isn't it obvious?

Optimus Prime - Weight of the World - Saliva. I made a video to this on youtube under a different name (The Burden Hardest to Bear). It fits really well when you listen to it and watch it all at the same time, trust me!

Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime - Me Against the World - Simple Plan. I think, because he doesn't think he's a hero, it matches him perfectly.