Transformers character guide?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by NSP, Sep 7, 2010.

1. NSP

NSP Trust Me!

Ebay:
    I was wondering if a G-1 TF character guide has ever been made that shows a pic of the certain bot, gives there bio card info, and tells about the bot?? Something that is either alphabetical or divided by Autobots/Decepticons. Basically a complete G-1 guide that gives info on all the TFs individually....

I know of this one: [​IMG]

...Its great but not really a complete guide of all the characters individually with thier bio card stats.

Anyone know of anything?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    There's guides for G1, Beast Wars, Animated, and Armada, but no one guide that collects everything (other than the one you showed, but as you said, that one isn't very definitive).

For G1, you've got the vintage "Transformers Universe" from Marvel (only released as individual issues, no trade available) and the "More Than Meets the Eye" series from Dreamwave (which was also re-released by IDW).

Dreamwave also released a MTMTE series for Armada, but this was not sold as a trade, so just as with TFU, you'd have to get the individual issues.

Beast Wars has a 'Sourcebook' released by IDW, though it sorta gets everything wrong.

Animated has the 2 volume Allspark Almanac, which is really good fanwanky stuff.

Also, there's a book called The Ark, which doesn't have profiles, but it collects all of the original character models from the G1 cartoon.

3. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

There was indeed a TPB, which included all of the '86 movie characters as well; now all I have to do is remember where the hell my battered-but-well-thumbed copy is. :thumb 

EDIT: Linky > http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Universe-Marvel-Comics-Budiansky/dp/0871352966

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  4. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    There is a trade available, it misses out about half a dozen of the profiles from the individual issues though.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

5. NSP

NSP Trust Me!

Ebay:
    Thanks for the info everyone!

(Im curious as to what the TF Universe tpb looks like inside. Anyone have a pic/link of one of the inside pages? :)  )

6. Abrogate

News Credits:
  7. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i always see this topic come up. we really should compile a sticky, something like thats been done for the comics section.

9. NSP

NSP Trust Me!

Ebay:
    Ya that Marvel Universe tpb looks interesting.

For anyone who has an issue of the Marvel TF Universe comicsor the TPB.........can you take a pic of one of the inside pages that shows the stats/info of someone?? Id like to see what it looks like before I buy one. Thanks!

10. Abrogate

News Credits:
    there's an online archive of the Marvel profiles

Who's Who in the Transformers Universe

the actual book looks pretty much like that. Just the pictures on a white page with a normal font.

11. NSP

NSP Trust Me!

Ebay:

Thanks for the link. Imma have to get those comics somewhere! Almost exactly what I was looking for with exception of no file card lists of thier Rank, Courage, Speed etc...

Still pretty cool! :) 

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010