Fan Art: Transformers CG Short

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Napjr, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think this havent been posted yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfdUeW0iet4

Anyway, for the most part its pretty cool (i love when Prime transforms, and the chase scene), but overall the bots animation could have been better (specially Prowl...). That and the voice samples used suck!

2. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I enjoyed it. Hope they make a longer one.

3. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Freakin sweet, cant wait to see all the fan stuff featuring their versions in the movie.

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    that was pretty cool...

5. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Jeje, that was awesome. It even has the G1 music theme.^^

6. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

F*** YEAH! That rocked! :rock 

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was awesome, but Prowl's bot-mode could have been a little more exciting.

8. shedbandit

shedbandit Quintesson's Minion

Well, it shouldnt have taken all that long to make, the animation is minimal, its mainly camera moves. The models (if you take the guys on the board) should be about a week each. The city in the background (well some of it) looks like its some of the City.3ds files you can get online. So hopefully they'll do more, I like it. Its got nice use of lighting, and screenspace. A few of the camera moves are a little too much "Look what a CG camera can do", the posing of the characters and silohettes arent that stong, nor is the line of action in the characters, but its still a good fun short.

9. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

It's pretty neat, though it's obviously not suited for big screen seeing as the designs are a bit stiff and undetailed/articulated, basically exact toy replicas. Probably mainly done that way to make a point. However, anyone who would go watch a $500.000 model of this rather than as Shed said a model made in week or few weeks, it could be fastly more interesting. (We've never seen a model that looked like that with typical somewhat boxy armored TF aesthetics... Closest comes the Masterpiece Prime models we've seen here...)

The silly thing is however, when you debate pro-Bay movie people they'll say that too but they'll claim it can virtually only be done the way Bay goes about it. Then claim this is exactly what you want to see (which it's not). I'm quite sad about that seeing as this can be just as enjoyable, if the designs with those aesthetics as basics, would be intricately expanded upon. But why that would mean cutting their exterior up in little unlogical parts and making them look like .... blargh... I dunno. I would prefer more sleaker typical Transformers designs with a large homage level, but wouldn't expect direct replicas of any old toys... :/ (more a level or two of intricate detail beyond Alternator style...).

But no... Rantmode isn't appreciated in movie threads anymore. ¬__¬'

10. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I loved the video, but I think it proves why Bay it doing what he is doing!

11. Trypitcon

Trypitcon No, I can't spell.

Nicely done. Yeah it could be better in parts but it was still neat to watch. I'd love to create something on that level of scale.

12. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

Oh wait, I think I just said this would be said because people think a movie version of say G1 (SAY G1, AS AN EXAMPLE) would be the old stiff, completely toy accurate bots on screen. Which is bullox in both ways.

Doesn't mean Bay knows what he's doing. He's right to change that bit of toy accuracy - you don't want them to look EXACTLY like the old ones, but you also don't want to do what he's doing.

*will roll eyes now and ignore*

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    It's mainly the problem of 'where do all the limbs go?'. The movie-designs have a large dosage of Hollywoodicatizion (or however you spell that word), but at least they get around that by using every single part available and thus only worry about where to hide the head and hand (probably inside the engine blocks).

But yeah, I wish they more sleeker as well, movie Prime's legs show that it's possible (they're a lot sleeker then the rest of the bot). Oh well, all for the sake of articulation.

14. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Well-Known Member

Not a bad clip.

15. rebelbot

rebelbot rebelbot

cool

16. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    that was awesome :) 

my only crit was the way prowl transformed and hardly moved at all, that was pretty cheap. at least prime transformed and moved around fluently.

still cool though :D 

17. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Well, considering this isn't even a movie thread, I'd say it's even more unappreciated.
    Anyway, back on topic.
    That was good, but flawed. As Shedbandit pointed out, the models are somewhat basic, in terms of both construction and animation. there's also a way too long section of Prowl driving along; I would have cut that bit down substantially.
    Still a lot of fun though.

18. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

If you look closesly in the car chase scene, the hubcaps aren't spinning nearly fast enough for the speeds the cars are moving. ;) 

I did love the Prime and Devastator segment of that though.