Transformers Cartoon series question?????

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rizzlemus_Prime, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Rizzlemus_Prime

Rizzlemus_Prime Bounty Hunter

I was wondering whether to purchase the G1 boxset thats avaliable on the net because I cant find it in local shops in london(UK) ?? Also is there any other dvd boxsets of the series after the g1 one that I should purchase???? Also is there any continuity from the g1 afterwards any series Im a big fan of the g1 series but dont know what happened afterwards as in beast wars etc the chronological order of the whole transformers series???Someone Please HELP!!!!

2. walruslaw

walruslaw video archivist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the uk dvds are getting harder to find but can be found in some bigstors and online. there are some chinese sets which are region free and relitively cheap. in terms chronology in english speakin countries it goes g1 then beast wars then beast machines however in japan there where 3 japanese series in the g1 continuity headmasters, super god masterforce and victory which are all availible in the uk. there are also 2 oav in japan called scamble city and zone which are also part of g1. headmasters continues the story after the return of optimus prime missing out the rebirth 3 parter. the other 2 series are set after heamasters but arent a direct continuation.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Check smaller DVD stores like JVC. Virgin Megastores may still carry them. Last time I was in London, (quite a while ago though), Virgin in Covent Garden had the G1 Box-sets. I doubt they would anymore though.

Other than that, Forbidden Planet and places like that might be a good bet.

4. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Start with G1, then Beast Wars and Beast Machines.

You might want to try the dubs at TFCog.net to see if you even LIKE the Japanese series before you go hunting them down. TFCog has dubs of Victory, Zone (I think), the post-BW series, and links to a site that's doing Headmasters and Masterforce. These are not the hideous Star Dubs (which you should avoid at all costs), they're fan dubs, but they should give you an idea if you'll even like them before you go paying a lot of money.

--Moony

5. moocow

moocow God.

If you are buying the g1 boxset go to yesallasian.com. It is only $60.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Skip G1, go straight for Beast Wars, then get G1, then forget both of them and get Beast Machines. Go back and watch BW and G1 and you're set.

But seriously, if you're hankerin' for a good cartoon with a solid plot, great characters, awesome animation, great VAs for the great characters, emotional impact, real vionlent action and all around WIN, go for BW.

But if you do get all three, they go G1->BW->BM. Nothing afterwards is comparable past Animated which is, of course, airing now so not on DVD yet.

7. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with the beast wars being the best for story and action as well as best machines .. G1 is good but no story lines, just random cartoons.. If you go for the anime versions like headmasters and masterforce , i would suggest finding them in there japanese audio form with english subtitles.. Anime is so much better in japanese i think , When they get dubed into english the acting is so bad .. Best to watch them in there native language ..

8. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    but without the dubs, we wouldn't have such classic lines as "I am the Decepticon Ninja Consultant"!!!!

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    "Blast you Soundwave, graa-oooh-arrr-eeeh!" The best thing to come out of Star TV.