Transformers: Call of the Future

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by G1Prowl, Dec 30, 2011.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Not sure if anyone has had a chance to get this or not, but it was part of my Christmas haul. I gotta say this game is freaking HARD!!!!!!!!!! Moreso the Decepticon campaign than the Autobots, but it wasn't easy getting where I am now either.

The controls could have been a bit better, and the AI on your partners is flat out awful. About a third of the time they will walk against a wall instead of coming to your aid. There's no fast way to reverse your stance, so if someone gets behind you and starts whalloping, you're stuck there unless a buddy bails you out, and we've already discussed that.

Saving graces? Amazing character usage on both campaigns, and the rest of the controls for the game work smoothly. If you're a G1 fan, this game is a blast. If not, you're better off finding Armada.

2. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    What? There's a game with that title? Holy crap...
    What console is it for?
    Edit: never mind, I know it. Just knew it as Tatakai instead... Epic game, but sucks compared to Prelude...

3. G1Prowl

Prelude?

4. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    Energy bubble is your friend, rotate the joystick 360 and press punch

5. optimegatron

News Credits:
    Transformers Armada: Prelude for Energon...

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Better known simply as Transformers Armada, it must be said. I think "Prelude to Energon" was a subtitle dropped before the final release rolled around.

Tatakai aka Call of the Future is more awkward since both technically exist as names. The game itself is Tatakai, the title of the story featured within the game is Call of the Future.

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I watched a bit on Youtube and Laughed hard when Prime said "You were planning to steel it as soon as you lured me away from the shuttle. Stop it Megatron".

8. G1Prowl

The Engrish and wordiness of the cut scenes is almost painful. But I guess I can overlook things like that when I get to go toe to to with Predaking and Abominus in the 'Bot campaign, and Computron in the 'Con campaign. If you've ever played Robotech Battlecry, it's sort of the same thing. A little awkwardness to the gameplay, trumped by the source material and the fact that you get to interact with beloved characters.

Armada was still better, though. Someday I'll have to chase down War for Cybertron for the 360 since we finally got one.

9. Optimus1984

Optimus1984 Well-Known Member

hi do you need a chipped ps2 to play it or is there some other way to as i want to get it and play it but cant source a chipped ps2.

10. G1Prowl

My wife got me an actual Japanese PS2 to play it on. She also got me a Macross game to play as well, but I can't get the subtitles to switch to English, so I'm totally lost on it. Shop around ebay, and you can find a JP PS2 fairly easy. Or a backwards compatible PS3, I suppose

11. Guardian_Prime

Guardian_Prime Autobot Leader

You can get swap magic 3.0 to run it. It is a boot disc that you can use to run it on an unchipped ps2. To see how it is used look it up on youtube.

12. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Son of a bitch, I got excited and thought this was a game I'd never heard of. :lol 

13. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think we're talking about that Japan-only PS2 G1 Transformers game, right? That game had plenty of hilariously cheesy voices. The only good voices were Sixshot, Galvatron, and Starscream (which his voice actor put the most effort I've seen in voice acting for this game)

14. jyorjhurt

jyorjhurt Member

Transformer call of future i just seen it on youtube and they get maximum response from th people around the world so i think this is the best video.

15. G1Prowl

I discovered that when you replay after beating, there are more unlockable characters. Pretty cool, so now I get to see exactly who CAN be unlocked.

Oh, and the TFWiki on the game is woefully incomplete with the character lists. Who do I contact to add/edit it?

16. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't care what reviewers and other people say, this game ROCKS!
    Sure the voice acting is terrible, but who cares?
    Love the big number of characters you can play as and the combiner stage bosses!

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Lots of people.

If the graphics suck and the gameplay sucks and the story sucks usually you get some okay voices, but not here.

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    It would be awesome if someone scooped up this game design/idea and turned it into a multiplayer game for Xbox/PS3 for a pretty low cost as a DL game.

A large cast of G1 characters with some different specials and abilities in a multiplayer format like Gotham City Imposters where it's entirely multiplayer would be tons of fun and probably do well for both the brand and getting sales.

19. optimegatron

News Credits:
    Gwahaha! Stop it? If you really want to stop me, come and get me, Optimus Prime!
    God, the voice acting in this game deserves a 0.0001.
    God, I remember having it in japanese and thinking to myself "I wonder if this is considered good voicing in JP..."