Transformers: Bumblebee - Overall Thoughts So Far?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by soundwavejordan, Sep 21, 2017.

1. soundwavejordan

soundwavejordan Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hey guys, soundwavejordan here back with another Forum Post on the boards! It's been a minute since I've discussed something on here and a spooky Hurricane might've had something to do with it... : ^) Anyways, I wanted to talk to guys about the upcoming Bumblebee Spin-off film! I just have a simple question for everyone. What are your thoughts on it so far? Me personally, I would like to say that I'm def liking the direction it's going. I' View attachment 27810673 ve been saying this on my vids as well that this pretty much feels like a Live-Action G1 movie, imo of course. Regardless, I'm liking everything so far in terms of Plot, Direction, Characters, Overall Feel, etc... and I wanted to know if you guys feel the same or perhaps you don't at all. If so, please elaborate as I would love to discuss this with you guys! Will this film be the redemption of the Live-Action Series or maybe just another crash? Comment below! <3

Attached Files:

2. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WAY too early to judge.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Well, they certainly are filming it.

• Like Like x 6
  4. zachprime86

zachprime86 AKA Launch Pad Destroyer

I just hope we get a good plot and a Decepticon this time.

5. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    I'm not thinking about it too much. There are many positive elements to the production, non greater than no bay in charge.... But these movies do not reward optimism, and there are plenty other sure bet quality movies coming
    out to keep me busy between now and Bee.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Mixed feeling so far.

On the one hand there are things to be optimistic about. The director has a really good and creative film under his belt so we very well could get something really different this time and heavens forbid we might even get a Transformers film with a great reviews. With the box office disappointment of the Last Knight Hasbro/Paramount might actually be willing to do something different. And while it's still super early there have been little hints like the time period to suggest the war with the older fans might be over and we could actually get a movie for a wider range of fans from old fans to the brand new fans.

On the negative side it's still Paramount and Paramount has a horrible record with films lately. It's like they lost their mojo at figuring out what the domestic ticket buyers were looking for and internationally they seem to be losing touch as well. It's also way too many producers and other people with influence from the previous films that could put in their two cents worth. Having to be part of a cinematic universe also makes me worry because we've seen from films like The Mummy that the drive for a cinematic universe can really derail films that focus on setting up other films rather than make one really good film at a time.

And the big question for me is what about the robot modes. It's no secret that I'm not a fan of the robot modes in live action films so will they continue down the path of elements I don't like or will the designs shift to something more appealing.

• Like Like x 4
  7. soundwavejordan

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Although it is early, still would like to hear some initial thoughts based upon what we've seen so far!

8. soundwavejordan

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Can't deny that I suppose lmao

9. soundwavejordan

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think we all hope for that. I'm really looking forward to this Decepticon however. If it's only going to be that one Con, then we may have an awesome rivalry within the film!

10. soundwavejordan

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    True true, you make a valid point there. Can't argue with that.

11. soundwavejordan

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You are right about that! Although production is looking nice, Paramount is still left in charge overall which can obviously ruin a movie easily, especially with their recent track record. I'm hoping however they let Travis Knight do majority of the work considering all of his films have been critically acclaimed but only time will tell. Maybe they'll make sure he gets the continuity correct. Besides that though, we'll see.

In terms of robot designs, I have a feeling they may change them a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if they make Bee more reminiscent of his G1 counterpart.

12. Dmhead

Dmhead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As long as Bay and Lorenzo are just producers, and not involved in the overall story, this movie will have a chance....

• Like Like x 3
  13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Dude, use multiquote.

Another problem with cinematic universes is that the big daddy of them all; the MCU, is rapidly losing steam. The Inhumans movie did not get good feedback to the point it's probably only getting one season on NBC, Agents of SHIELD will probably wrap up next season, and of course Spiderman: Homecoming was a real trip-up.

Disney's also got issues behind getting the Star Wars films off the ground with the constant director changes.

I think the appeal of Cinematic universes are finally starting to die down.

14. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    based on what evidence? none that I can find.

• Like Like x 2
  15. soundwavejordan

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Gonna have to agree with you there. I honestly don't see any evidence of the MCU, at least movie-wise, losing its steam.

• Like Like x 2
  16. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

I think anyone hoping for or expecting a huge design change is setting themselves up for disappointment and might even hate the movie based just on designs not meeting their expectations. So far their is no reason to believe Bee will look any different than he has in past movies except with beetle parts instead of Camaro parts in various places. We have seen bee as a ww2 vehicle, a 60s, 70s, and various 2000s model Camaros all with a similar look

• Like Like x 6
  17. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Agreed fully. Not that I have a problem with that whatsoever.

Furthermore, this movie has a much smaller budget and robot cast than the other films. They will probably take an old CGI model of Bee and add Bee parts. This film will have few entirely new CGI robot models, if any, although maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised by a new Decepticon model or two.

At the very least, I hope it's a fun adventure involving Bee, Bee's human friends, and a small cast of Decepticons. Plus I love the coastal California setting so far.

• Like Like x 1
  18. AMG

AMG Old School

I'm cautiously optimistic about the movie.

Definitely looking forward to the VW Bumblebee movie toys.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well based on set photos it's definitely going to feel different from the other films, noticeably smaller scale is what I'm referring to.

Need a trailer or character list to have a meaningful opinion. I'm still optomistic because of Knight but I just can't stop thinking about the uphill climb this movie is gonna have to be successful.

20. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm in the cautiously optimistic camp. Here's why:

New director is definitely the most eye-grabbing one.
    A small scale and being largely set in the 80s does push away what we are used to. Hopefully the addition of not having an end of the world scenario adds to this.

And the biggest reason for me is that I believe disappointing movies can have decent or good follow ups. I'm not a fan of Batman v.Superman or Suicide Squad, but I can give them Wonder Woman even with the same Zack Snyder visual style. I didn't like Attack of the Clones, but you what? I think Revenge of the Sith followed up pretty well. Annabelle sucked? Annabelle 2 apparently made up for it.

Before anyone chants Bay's involvement as producer let me say this.... He is the producer on those two Ouija movies right? The first one was terrible but the follow up wasn't too bad. So it's not like his role as a producer is always a screw up. Then again you have Lorenzo, who has been a little too chatty lately so we'll see. Oh yeah and no matter how disappointing a Transformer sequel is, I can always see the potential on what they can offer.

• Like Like x 3