Transformers Bumblebee Movie Prequel: From Cybertron With Love

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by pie125, May 18, 2018.

1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers-Bumblebee-Prequel-IDW-From-Cybertron-With-Love.jpg 43080a93cc2f4ecc07e3735134ab0150.jpg images.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    If he looked like the prequel book... That would be a more perfect world.

3. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting. We've supposedly seen the movie BB face and that's not it. Hmmm.

4. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    A fan art.

• Like Like x 1
  6. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

The book is a prequel to the movie so I'm guessing that head and face design will not fully match what the actual movie design is.

7. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Glad the movie isn't changing anything.

8. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The movie is still 2007.

I can sorta see the Predator thing, but everything else seems more like things people pulled out of their butts to justify their complaints.

It's not an excuse, it's the truth. That's what the people complaining about the movie designs always say they want, G1. Some try to explain how it can work, but I've seen people that, when explaining what they want for the design, just go full 80's G1. I've also seen people complain about having Transformers that look too humanoid, and the movies have done designs that feel alien, even to the extent of having characters that are non-humanoid in their body shape (E.G., Scavenger/Demolishor, Hightower, Devcon, K.S.I. Boss), and people still find ways to complain about doing those types of designs. The movies felt like aliens, but people just wanted to complain about it not being an exact copy of what they had as a kid.

I just don't see that. I just see "This is what highly advanced alien robot lifeforms would look like in the real world".

Whoosh?
    Hasbro's doing more G1 because you and others have whined, moaned, complained, and hated on anything else for so long and so loudly that they just want to make you shut up.
    You really think you're some kind of superhero that is fighting an evil villain bent on your childhood's destruction, don't you?

If this movie starts the new movie franchise, cool. I'll take it and enjoy what I'm watching. And I'll collect the figures. I'll still continue to enjoy what we got before, and everything else that isn't G1. If some people just can't accept that me liking the movies we have now somehow doesn't make me a G1 hater, or a "normal-looking Transformer" hater, then oh well.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

I'd be cool with it if they gave him a face like that. I mean, they're alien robots with the ability to completely reconfigure their bodies, I think restructuring their faces to resemble that of humans would be an interesting idea. Like, they show up with mechanical alien faces, and some of the Autobots (like Bumblebee) reconfigure them to humanoid faces in an attempt to better relate to humans. But I know that isn't going to be his face in the movie, and I know they aren't going to use an idea like that.

10. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If the Bayformers were still selling, no amount of complaining would make Hasbro change things. The ONLY reason why things are looking different now is because Bayformers are not doing well. I also hate to break it to you, but for the majority of non-TF fans, the movies are on par with the likes of Resident Evil or something like that. They are loud, flashy, and contradictory. They were never going to be on the next Star Wars, but they are not going to be remembered as well as the MCU. If anything, I think that the DCEU is a more apt comparison.

Cry all you want about the G1 fans, but at the end of the day, it was the wider general public that is responsible for the TFCU getting a hard reboot.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I saw more mistakes during the second trilogy, TBH. But that portion of the fandom is a headache.

12. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    Dude you are the headache 10 YEARS of these garbage movies and you have the nerve to moan that many of us have wanted a return to form, get over yourself. Let me have my 10 year turn!

13. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Your the one who can't get over himself. You think Hasbro should only cater to you G-whiners. You've had G1 for 8 or 9 years straight back then, comic representation for I don't know how long, and a main toyline dedicated to 99.9999% G1 versions of characters. And other figures of non-G1 characters get retconned into the G1-styled comic as G1 characters. You have your G1 everywhere. Those of us who want one piece of media to be it's own universe have to sit on the sidelines and wait? That's absolutely entitled of you. And question because I've noticed something: You complain about the movies, but I only remember seeing you talk in movie-related threads. Why is that, if you hate the movies so much?

• Like Like x 2
  14. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    You know, when I first saw this image I liked the mouth, but the more I look at it, the more I realize that I'm not quite sold on it. I don't object to the idea of movie Bumblebee having a mouth as much as the execution of it here kind of bugs me. It's just kind of a generic IDW face slapped on the top half of movie Bumblebee's head. I sort of feel like a lot of the IDW robots have the same face, but that's kind of a different complaint in itself.

I just don't buy Bumblebee having this mouth and chin under that speaker. Even the side panels have been reworked in a way that changes the whole head shape from round to more square. It felt very natural when TFP Bee revealed his mouth (I still love that moment), but this...uh, it's just not working for me as well. If they decide to show Bee's mouth in the movie, I hope it looks a bit more natural. I actually like the reworked Bumblebee head from the leaked toy package a lot better than this.

15. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    i wish they had thrown in something like that in AOE or TLK to explain why, in the movies where the autobots are hunted by humans, we're suddenly introduced to three autobots whose bodys are literally just metallic humans, complete with samurai armor, realistic beards, john goodman, steve buscemi robot, and crosshairs' trenchcoat that's basically made out of his fucking flesh.

16. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoosh.

The Xenomorph for the ribcages and tails, Terminator for the unplated, skeletal, metal body, Evangelion for the head designs and spinal column plating, and so on. The movies' designers work in the film industry and I'm sure most of them got where they are now by aping the classic "sci-fi monster" designs, which they used as a starting point instead of Transformers itself.

You're using one extreme option to justify another. There's clearly a middle ground here that looks realistic and satisfies the traditional appeal, this prequel cover being one such example. The Bay movies didn't even try, and started from a concept where they were all entirely silver and couldn't speak instead of starting with, well, Transformers.

In what regard? I've only ever seen that complaint on things like the hair and hats and spitting/drooling. Granted, I stay out of the movie forum now where the rabid Bay fanboys reside.

Because they look awful and apparently make lousy figures for it.

The movies felt like aliens that happened to be metal, but people like me wanted robots that happened to be alien. And yeah, when people hear "They're making a Transformers movie" they expect something recognizable that carries what they enjoyed about Transformers designs in the first place. The franchise has a cool mecha factor in its designs, and what we got instead was an emphasis on "weird" or "horror".

And Transformers isn't a realistic concept. You can definitely apply a degree of realism to it, and absolutely should, but if you're so hung up on hard sci-fi realism that you throw away the franchise's super-robot roots, you're producing for the wrong property.

The sound of the point going over your head.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    I think you are the only whiner here, or I guess I should say something like Bay-Blanket. you've had 10 years of disgusting movies, I'm sorry you have such poor taste.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Norm West

Norm West Well-Known Member

You two always have the same discussion all the time.

It's time to rest. Or i'll kick you both in the a$$.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    That's how he ought to look like in Live Action. Someone needs to set this book thread to James Bond or Mission Impossible music.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:

Well that sucks. :( 

• Like Like x 2