Transformers: Bumblebee Energon Igniters Gimmick Line Details Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Mar 2, 2018.

1. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I hope so, my nephew is finally getting into Transformers, and we are getting my sister's 65 mustang redone for her right now. Would blow his little mind to have a toy version of his mom's car.

With this line, I am just hoping that the mainline of on-screen characters isn't just stupid to find (I still need a cogman from TLK) and that there aren't many of them. My hunting days are over, but I need all on-screen characters.

2. iuJacob

iuJacob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, hopefully we are correct and it is in fact Barricade! Hope the restoration goes well. Pretty awesome car :) 

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Should be a fairly easy one (should know next week), just getting it road worthy again. Almost wish I had gotten a second one of the 69 Camaro from AOE to get painted Purple, cause the next project (depending on how badly this one hammers the pocketbook) is doing the same with my mom's purple 68 Camaro that she has had since it was new (and needs a little more work).

• Like Like x 2
  4. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    From the Megatron description, sounds more motorized, like the pullback and go style of cars. So kind of like this is an evolution on the minbots of G1. None have said they needed batteries either which is interesting. (Or could be something that comes up later.) So similar to allspark tech, but a different kind of implementation of a smaller cube that provides energon/energy to the figure. Like it contains a mini motorized aspect. The literal "energon igniter" that turns playing into interactive fun. Not sure though. Still need to see them directly.

From the way it's been described, it seems to suggest that the cube is that kind of motor that activates lights and stuff when you move it(power series), while the other kind of motor is a pull back and go style (speed series). And figures can interact with both.

5. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

...hah!..i was just about to post that i hope we see barricade as a fox-body patrol car; a sixties mustang would be great, too, but couldn’t pull off a convincing police identity in an eighties period piece...

[​IMG]

...the sight of these guys struck fear in the motoring population throughout the decade...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I remember seeing a police car on set and some of us were speculating that was Barricade.

• Like Like x 1
  7. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Oof

News Credits:
    Even though all the evidence points to Hot Rod and Barricade being in the movie, I'm still not entirely convinced. I guess we'll just have to wait and see

• Like Like x 2
  8. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But which car is hot rod tho?

9. LegoLover58

LegoLover58 Kre-O Gourmet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Call it wishful thinking, but we might actually get a Legion Class Hot Rod that isn't exclusive to Walmart.

10. AlorixTheHugSnek

AlorixTheHugSnek Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Wonder if Barricade will get a new design again.

11. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hoping for Movie 1 with new vehicle parts on the robot mode.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I love Barricade, don't get me wrong, but this "long standing rival" thing they're pushing with him and Bee feels so forced. Like, they had a fight in the first movie, nothing about it gave any sense of a history between them, but apparently they've been arch-nemesis..es for decades. I don't buy it.

13. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Basically, it was an angle Hasbro has been pushing ever since the first movie's toyline despite not being backed by the movie itself.

14. kackey22

kackey22 Member

Looks like a bayformer again. I wish they would reboot and go more G1. Sigh. They need to look at marvel and get someone who understands the property in charge. 

• Like Like x 1
  15. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Currently this entire franchise seems to be going in a "More G1" direction, so the last thing we need is MORE G1. There are other continuities out there that are great for source material, despite what others think.

• Like Like x 7
  16. spikebuster

spikebuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No thank you.

THIS.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're going all in on G1 because they see it selling to normal people who loved ghat show and those toys. They see the G1 toys in Generations outsell every other TF line currently being made. They are constantly licensing Transformers for t-shirts and TV he like. No one ever asks them to use images from Armada or Energon. Or even good shows like BW or Animated. Just G1 and the movies. And the movies less and less ad they become more and more unpopular with the general public. Don't believe me? Ask anyone at Hasbro how to get ahold of that division. Ask them.

Die hard fans want weird stuff again, so we get some of it when they can. Meanwhile, Hasbro sees demand for only one aspect of the brand increasing year after year. G1.

Fanatics can rend their garments asunder. You can keep swearing and mocking G1 fans. Understand that at the end of the day, it is that silent majority who pay for the Hot Topic shirts and lunch boxes and who buy the G1 homage Generations toys in silence. They aren't here on this or any other form but the big social media sites. They don't care that you want Masterpiece Armada Hot Shot and Jolt or a 1/6 scale Sari Sumdac figure with real hair for you to brush and then hide with your secret ponies.

They want Prime. G1 Prime. And they want his friends. And they have money that they keep spending on it. It's that simple. They will keep getting what they want until they stop buying them because they keep buying what Hasbro sells and licenses. Don't expect to stop until they stop. Probably after the G1 heavy Transformers Reboot hits its 3rd or 4th movie.

If you hate G1 this much, go enjoy 3rd party or something else until that day happens. There's more to life than toy robots you clearly don't enjoy.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If Hot Rod would be depicted as Bumblebee's brother, it would make even more mess, because in TLK they have shown no signs of that:lol  I would rather think, that they saw each other for the first time

19. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    TF Movies were created not for the fans and earned billions of money. They drew thousands of new fans. They also have a huge popularity internationally and absolute majority of international viewers don't know much about G1. Also the investment in the new fans is more perspective - they are getting their first salaries now and becoming independent and stronger. The future belongs to them. Older fans are already 40+, have families and absorbed with mundane life. Many people here vanished already, sold their collections and stopped to help the community, like @SydneyY or @jgoss. Their prime is ending. "G1 is the cradle of Transformers, but one cannot live in a cradle forever".(my edit of Tsiolkovsky's phrase)

• Like Like x 2
  20. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Excuse me, what exactly do you think you are calling “Weird”? And this kind of thinking is what will drive Hasbro into a hole in the ground. You’re talking about me not enjoying something? Hard to enjoy anything else when everyone is going all in on G1. I do collect G1 CHUG, but I didn’t grow up with that show and I’d prefer if almost every continuity got SOME love, so don’t come in here taking my personal wish and shove it in my face and tell me I hate this or that and go do 3rd party and that I’m not enjoying life of whatever you are on about. Sounds like just another GEEWUNNER argument to me.
    Thank you. Exactly.

• Like Like x 1