Transformers Building Wrap Unveiling Event in Hollywood

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Deefuzz, May 8, 2007.

1. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

As much as I would like to go that is gonna be a nuthouse! Crazy packed. I will gladly pay for my ticket on July 4th.

2. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm so there!!! Can't wait. I'll be there with my camera. :) 

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The front page said 7-9 PM and I got all sad, then I saw the flyer in the link and saw it's supposed to be 7-9 AM so I can go before work, YAAAY!!!!!!!!!!:rock 

4. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I NEVER listen to that station, it sucks hard....

5. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know what, that is a good point. So where are they advertising this? how much coverage is this getting BEFORE it happens? Will the Riddle tangle the city in his quanary?

6. Optimal-T

Optimal-T Metroplex's Sidekick

It seems like they're trying to whore this movie for all it's worth and we only have two months left until the big day. Like my mother always says: "Some people have got more money than they've got brains." Spending this kind of money on advertising, in the theatre district no less, just proves that this saying holds true no matter who you are.

7. † Sunstorm

† Sunstorm Sunstorm member 1

:( 

8. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    To whomever is attending tomorrow, please don't forget your camera! I'd love to see the pictures both before & after the unveiling and of the Mobile Command Center! -Actually, I'd REALLY like to see better pictures of the Sector 7 Mobile Command Center, both outside and IN if you can get a camera in there!

9. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, try to snap a couple of covert cell phone pics if necessary :sly: 

10. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    any news yet????

11. JonnieHardcore

JonnieHardcore Member

Attended

So I attended this event. in fact, I was first in line.

We were to sign in...giving our phone #s and Email address. Then given green wristbands.

No pics were allowed inside the sector 7 mobile. They showed a clip of the battle between humans and Skorponok.

Then we proceeded to the Power 106 booth where we received our Transformer toys - a protoform. Then a poster and a red flier thing with the screening info on it.

It said that they would contact us via email and phone to give us directions and time to the prescreening.

Im still waiting.

by the way. I was interviewed and pics were taken of me since I was the first person in line. I lined up yesterday at 330pm. while no one else showed up till 330am this morning and the mobile unit arrived around 4am. and set up lasted from 4-710am

That is all. I took ALOT of pics of the line, the building and the flier and outside the mobile command before they told us NO PICS.

Jonnie

12. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks for letting us know! :) 

How much of the Scorponok attack did you see, and how was it?

13. Spyshot2007

Spyshot2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did they even put some sort of sticker etc. on the Protoforms they gave out? You would think if they limited them to 50, maybe they could do something special.

14. JonnieHardcore

JonnieHardcore Member

The entire attack.

It started with the troops walking through the desert. and the ground shaking..and then the full attack. it showed them trying to ward him off.

Then they called the Pentagon and its a faily comedic procedure. Then they get a UAV military plane spot it for the pentagon and they get air support and nothing seems to bother Scorponok. So they get an AC130 and it plows into him and leaves him defeated. *

I believe it was the entire battle against Scorponok. It lasted a good 10 mins?

*sorry for my military reference. I just got out of the Marines and my job was portrayed 100% in this scene...it blew my mind away!

Jonnie

15. JonnieHardcore

JonnieHardcore Member

Negative. Nothing extra was applied to the figures to annotate them as special editions or exclusives.

Sad.. I know.

I was really hoping that by being the 1st person in line, or even 1 of the first 50 people in line to get a character...I would at least get something special.

Nothing at all.

I was pretty disappointed.

after we entered the parking lot area and lined up at the Sector 7 mobile, we entered. they did this little Sector 7 performance of being in the movie. and communicating with the Quatar military personelle.

Then a 'satelite' feed led into the clip.

then we were ushered out of the mobile and to the table to get our toys and passes and then ushered to the exit. It all lasted about 20 mins total. it was pretty disappointing.

Scorponok DID not speak. and some of his CGI in the movie was incomplete.

There was a seperate room in the Mobile that had ALOT of the movie merchandise in it and it also had a 3 foot tall transformers that looked to be an actual prop/robot used in the movie. It was a TRANSFORMER I had not seen till today but I just say a pic of him in this community. It was FRENZY from what I read.

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/05/frenzy.jpg

16. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Do Sector Seven operate in the UK? ;)