Transformers: Broken Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Kit, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Kit

Kit My awesomeness is logical

[​IMG]

So I was wondering - what if we had all of the drama, adventure and comedy of the normal Transformers continuity, but they themselves are aware of their nature as toys? Interested? I do hope so. Onwards!

To introduce characters and identify you of their series of origin, inset links to their pages on the Transformers wiki are provided.

The sun began to rise on another bright and warm day in Southport, a small rural town in the north west of England. It is always darkest before the dawn, as they say, and so, in dawn, the Sun was lighting the darkest hour of this planet.

The light spilled across the landscape and perforated a single window, the light refracting and scattering into a small room. It was your typical teenager's room - a couple of games consoles rested on a desk next to a TV, their controllers somewhere else. An iPod Touch rested, cradled in a docking station. And perched atop a windowsill was a single Transformers action figure.

But, powered as if by some unknown belevolent force, the figure heaved its weight, the many plastic components that made up its intricate design shifting and moving. A small plastic head shook itself as the figure placed its hands on its hips and sighed.

Optimus Prime had seen many years of war, comrades fall around him. He himself had died more times than he himself could care to remember - but while these were his memories, they were not his current body's. He glanced down at his chest. This body, of plastic and rubber and electrical circuits, had served him well over the two years that he had been owned. But could it be as great as it previously had been?

Optimus brightened up. Of course it was. He was still the good old Prime he had always been, even if he was now less than a foot tall, and this was still his good old life. His battles with the Decepticons still raged on, even in toy form. His command of a noble set of brave Autobots was as well-recieved as ever it had been. In fact, this life, he mused, would almost be perfect, once again were it not for Megatr...

"PRIIIIIIME!"

He wheeled around immediately to see a large, plastic missile screaming through the air. Immediately, he dived forwards and rolled over out of its way. The missile clattered uselessly on the windowsill. Prime completed his roll and squatted for a moment to decide on his next action. "Yup, still got it," he muttered to himself. He finished this sentence just in time to be able to dodge a second missile. He looked up to see the individual who had fired them and his shoulders fell.

"Once again our paths must cross, Optimus Prime," said a smug Megatron as he jumped up to the windowsill to be on level footing with Optimus. "I daresay you're looking rather old these days. Do you still have to push a button on your crotch to transform your chest?"

"Hilarious, Megatron," retorted Prime as he contemplated standing and fighting or transforming and escaping to get a break from fighting for once. "But at least I can do this." He proceeded to jog on the spot, looking Megatron right in the eyes as he did so. Even as he did, he realised he had hit a sore spot - Megatron's Armada incarnation toy had absolutely no leg articulation apart from "side-to-side."

Megatron roared and transformed himself into tank mode, racing at a very surprising speed towards Prime. Just before he reached him, Megatron unfolded into robot mode and shoulder-butted Prime square in the jaw, the tank treads that made up tall kibble atop his shoulders still moving at high speed. Prime grunted in pain, then smirked and moved his feet up, letting himself slide so his legs were between Megatron's. Then he kicked out to both sides and then up, forcing Megatron's legs apart and making him lose his balance before flipping him over his head. With a thud, Megatron's plastic body skidded across the windowsill and got himself back up.

He was about to lunge at Optimus once again, until suddenly both toys looked at Megatron's arm - it was hanging limply from the joint, with the ratchet joint within providing no friction to hold the arm securely in place and provide movement. Megatron glanced at it and, without saying a word, fired a single shot from the tank barrel in his chest. This time, the missile hit directly in Prime's chest and Optimus crumpled, falling limply to the floor below. Megatron transformed - somewhat lopsidedly - into his tank mode and drove off the windowsill onto the desk and then onto the floor. As Optimus forced himself up, Megatron sped off and out of the room.

Back at Autobot HQ, in reality just a small section of the bedroom, Ratchet was just finishing his adjustments on Prime's chest.

"You had a lucky escape, Prime," grumbled Ratchet. "These missiles are only plastic, but we are too! You need to be more careful around Decepticons..."

"I told you before, Ratchet," responded Optimus, "it was a sucker shot. There was no warning. I just hope his arm is all right."

"Why's that?"

"Well." Prime looked gingerly at the floor. "Let's just say Kit hasn't bought a Megatron toy in quite a while."

Ratchet was horrified. "You don't think...no!"

"Unfortunately so. If Megatron's arm is irreperable..." Prime looked at Ratchet worriedly. "...then he might soon be getting a new body."

To be continued...

I hope my first episode was decent, and please do say what you feel about the series as a whole and that episode. :) 

2. Kit

Post any thoughts or comments, improvements or characters that should be included!

3. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

Sounds pretty fun. I'll be checking back here.

Oh, and, I DARE you to include G1 Bombshell.

4. batcam11

batcam11 SHINIGAMI CHOP!!!

i like blitzwing because random face is funny

5. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

Cute story. Well done. Keep going.

6. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wonderful! Suzy is right...more please!

7. Kit

Ooooh. People actually like it? How...unexpected :p . I will post a mini-chapter to bridge the gap before I sit down and do a proper long one. When I get the right equipment I will consider creating a stop-motion aspect to this.

Notes to the commenters so far:

Takeout: As they say, who dares wins. I win. (Cryptic to preserve plot twist)

batcam11: Blitzwing has been included.

In the Decepticon base, Megatron stood proud, both shoulders standing proud and tall. Blitzwing stood back and admired his handiwork.

"Hmm, it seems that this shall do the trick. The ratchet joint in your shoulder should be as good as new..."
    "...BUT IF YOU LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN, I DOUBT I WILL BE AS WILLING TO REPAIR IT..."
    "Because Hasbro's warranty does not cover wear und tear! Ahahahahahahahaha!"

"Quiet, Blitzwing!" snapped Megatron. "Curious. It would appear Optimus Prime was able to deal a single lasting blow to my grand self."

"Indeed, my glorious leader," purred Starscream. "How could any foolish Autobot have even hoped to dent your impenetrable armour before now? maybe you're just getting a little rusty?"

Megatron gave Starscream a look that was of pure hatred. "Quiet, Starscream! Blitzwing..." He turned to the triple changer. "What was this Hasbro you were discussing?"

Blitzwing switched instantly to Random. "They steal toys from Japanese toys and warn us about small parts!"

Megatron immediately grabbed Blitzwing by the chin and forcibly rotated his head to Icy. "I think I will speak to this one for now. It's rather pitiful having three morons in one body."

"Indeed," said Blitzwing. "Hasbro is the company that designed me to be this way, and designed your knees to not bend, and pretty much everyone here."

Soundwave dropped down beside Megatron.

"Hasbro: douchebags."

"Indeed," muttered Starscream. "I have GUNS for hands! What is this madness?"

"Hasbro: design all Decepticons badly. Soundwave: given three modes indistinct from one another. Soundwave: disappointed."

"SO THIS PATHETIC TOY COMPANY IS THE REASON FOR OUR PREDICAMENT?"

"It's worse than that," realised Starscream. "They are the reason we are, in part, mere PLAYTHINGS! People control us as I...err, the mighty Megatron, would control us."

"Oh?"

All the Decepticons wheeled around to look at the source of this voice.

"Who are YOU?" Starscream spluttered.

"I used to control others, human and Transformer alike, as if they were toys. Now it is rather the opposite. And it is not particularly nice."

"STATE YOUR CODENAME!" roared Blitzwing.

"Who, me?" said the shady customer. "The name's...Bombshell."

To be continued...

8. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh-oh...trouble in paradise?

9. Prowl'sgirl

Prowl'sgirl New Member

o my god! I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!