Transformers Bodies

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Todimus Prime, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Todimus Prime

Todimus Prime Member

I really can't remember how the transformers bodies work on eah or on cybertron. Does anyone know if they breath air or if they breath t all? I saw one episode of transformers. Episode 2, season 1, where hound put some protective mask on before he went nderwater, so it g mt thinking. Also, the first few episodes, while in robot mode, the autobots cold fly, whasupwithat?

2. M-Prime

M-Prime Banned

It was all up to the animators of the day whether or not they could breathe with or without aid underwater. And the Autobots' flying abilities did indeed disappear (for the most part) after the first 3-parter, MTMTE. Chalk it all up to animation errors, your head will hurt less if you do.

3. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Yea there are alot of odd things in MTMTE, but if you think of the series as a hole, the didn't need to breath, I like to think it was a case of the bots acting like the humans.

4. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like to think that transformers "breathe" as a type of cooling for internal systems. Kinda like air flows through a radiator.

5. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Galvatron choked Rodimus in the movie. That's good enough for me to think they breathe.

6. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Could he have been trying to break his neck or something?

Also, maybe hound was just being careful. Alien planet and all.

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Roddy was gasping for air. Galvatron SHOULDA broke his neck. Maybe then Season 3 wouldn't have sucked.

8. Cobalt Agent

It seemed more like he was grunting than gasping. Like when you take a big dump.

9. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Good points, CA.

I always figured Galvatron was trying to rip Rodimus Prime's head off, but breaking his neck works too.

And Hound may have just been trying to protect his vocalizer and internal electronics from corrosion and/or short circuits. Water is usually not technology's friend. He is a scout and tracker after all, and if you don't know the terrain that you're in, you take precautions.

10. Cobalt Agent

And didn't they only have acid rain on Cybertron? If the only liquid on my planet was poisonous, I wouldn't assume the new one I just woke up on was the same, but I wouldn't take any chances either. Then again, the Cybertronian acid rain showed to be very hazardous to their circuits, which would lead one to believe that Hound either knew that the water wasn't harmful or was pretty stupid (a mask isn't going to do much for the rest of his body if the liquid is truly dangerous like the kind on Cybertron).

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

These are all good theories. My assumption is that they don't need to breathe in the conventional sense.

The scene in the movie where Galvatron chokes Rodimus is obviously stupid for a variety of reasons, and exists clearly because the animators had little imagination regarding how to make robots fight desperately in easy-to-understand human terms.

However, the "needing air" thing is shot down by pretty much every other scene in TF:The Movie that involves TFs running around, talking, fighting etc, in the vacuum of space or under water (on Quintessa).

I mean seriously, do you think that Unicron has a breathable atmoshere?

(or the similar scene in Armada, the final duel between Prime and Megatron... where Prime pauses, exhausted, breathing heavily... sure it makes him seem tired, but people... they're in SPACE!! :)  )

I do like the idea however that TFs have air intakes for coolant purposes. If they happen to be located in their "mouthes" then I guess that works with the general anthropomorphism evident in most Cybertronians.

smog

12. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I don't think that the original TFs needed to breathe but the later versions had a tendency too. I don't understand why the TFs in Armada and later series had teeth. Did they chomp Energon? This is just one of the reasons that I really hated the Armada series and quit watching it.

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I agree with you about some of that... but then, I think a lot of folks take that stuff too seriously, when the obvious explanation is sloppy writing, animation errors, etc...

In the case of teeth on TFs in Armada, and similar weirdness, I chalk it up to artistic license. The design team decided to draw them that way, but it's not making a big statement about their physiology... or at least, I don't think so.

smog

14. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    It's one of those things that makes robots more human-like in their characteristics for audiences to relate to, but making no sense rationally. Like why transformers have noses when they have no nostrils, why some transformers sweat, and Soundwave occasionally spitting despite having no mouth :confused: , those last two from the Marvel comic.

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Humanizing

15. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Robot bodies have nothing on our mighty digestive systems.

16. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ya

Ya, I always thought he is trying to tear his head off, Transformers do not function well without heads.

He talks about ripping tearing bots apart constantly in the movie, I do not remember if this was in the series too but he likes to say bare hands.

I think it is like another person said, you can not take your car int he water, it does not breath in our sense but is not water capable.

Also, the thing I never understood is in the movie how did the Decepticons get to the shuttle?

They show Lazerbeak being able to navigate to the moons, but the Cons always need Astrotrain to travel great distances otherwise.

They can exist in space but I never really get how they get to the ship, The cons that get reformatted by Unicron are "space" capable but the older cons are not, when Starscream asks for his old body back and no space upgrades he is floating in space forever and would eventually be in BW and such.

I think it was like in Gundam Wing when they had to "prepare" the Gundams for space I do not think it was just pressurizing the cockpit but fitting them with systems to handle the environment.

17. Todimus Prime

Todimus Prime Member

Well that certainly isa lot of opinions, though a lot of good ones. I think ive found out a bit more now, thanks.