2D Artwork: Transformers Blurr Concept

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by KazeCrow, Jul 8, 2009.

1. KazeCrow

KazeCrow The Resistance

The Fake Interview

Reporter: Where did you get the idea to draw Blurr?
    KC: The only Transformers series that I’ve ever watched the whole way through so far was Animated and Blurr had one of the best designs in the entire show (Shockwave with the top spot) so I thought in a movie styled design wheeled feet were ideal for the character as it matched his personality and the “saw blades” were a homage to the G1 cartoon.

Reporter: How do you think Blurr will play out in the next Transformers movie?
    KC: I personally think that Unicron will be in the next movie no doubt, Jawalabang2 is in a good spot. I hope Blurr will play a heavy part in the movie, being one of very few transformers that can actually read Cybertronian writing. But he has trouble remembering so he writes everything he hears right onto his chassis (which explains why his body is riddled with letters), the most important note he has is on his left hand; the information on Unicron. The being who can spring to life armies of Decepticons in an instant ( remember the hatchlings Screamer’s trying to manage). And with that information too important to transmit over common frequency Blurr is forced to go down to Earth and tell Optimus Prime and the others personally. So if he were to die the Autobots would be good as dead (hint hint). The movie should take off from there

Reporter:Tell us a few things about yourself.

KC: Haha well, my name is Jon Conner I’m 15 years old and I’ve been drawing since I left Japan three years ago realizing I had a talent in design. I have two dogs a Golden Retriever named Gunner and a Golden Retriever, German Shepard mix named Tara. I also have an older brother named Josh, who's an asshole. :) 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

About Blurr:

• Works for the Autobot Elite Guard under command of Ultra Magnus
    • Most Respected Member, highly popular
    • Left & right hand transform into little drones to go into places Blurr can’t fit himself (they think for themselves very little)
    • Fastest being on Cybertron=he's a BEAST
    • He keeps his light blue color, incase your wondering
    • Alt mode is an Acura advanced sports car concept or we can pull a Sideways and call it "sports car"
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Tech Specs:

Strength: 6
    Intelligence: 9
    Speed: 10
    Endurance: 7
    Courage: 9
    Fireblast: 8
    Skill: 5

Bio: Sent down to Earth at the request of the Elite Guard commander ULTRA MAGNUS, BLURR alone holds the key to the fate of the universe. If he were to go offline, annihilation of all the AUTOBOTS will be inevitable.

[​IMG]
    And here's my idea on Blurr's Drone (nameless) as well as his Alt mode, the picture's a bit mixed up.
    The Drone was inspired by Wheelie and for whatever reason I'd love 'em to fight with each other at somepoint.
    By the way the hand isn't part of the Drone its his "limb" mode drawn too cloose.

The head for Blurr was my first idea which changed a bit, not much to say but it's basically the same more detailed but without the battle mask.

NOTE: I'm gonna replace the drone with another design I think looks more faithful to the movie-verse. He's "balling,"
    literally. [​IMG]

2. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    VERY excellent drawing! But, no offense, he looks a bit too much like ROTF Sideswipe.

3. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Whom should've been Blurr in the first place.

4. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I agree but either way, he's a freaking badass.

5. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tru Dat

6. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Damn! That is badass! He may look a bit like Sideswipe, but I wouldn't mind seeing something like that. XD

7. ss12

ss12 Member

Are those Elite Guard wings I see on his Autobot symbol?

8. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    It looks like Jolt and Sideswipe mix! :lol 

9. KazeCrow

KazeCrow The Resistance

Yup. Bringing the E.G. into the movie would bring in a wide variety of characters not just ones slaped into the animated series. It can also be a way to introduce newer characters also.:D 

10. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

That's extremely detailed, nice work!

11. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    very nice work. surprisingly enough, i also did a blurr design that looks very similar to yours (pulled back head, shieldish arms, ribcage).

Attached Files:

• IMG.jpg
      IMG.jpg
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
  12. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ This

13. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

That is really awesome! He does look a lot like Sideswipe, but Sideswipe should've been Blurr anyway. Very cool design. I would buy this in a heartbeat if it was a toy.

14. mogel94

mogel94 Well-Known Member

very awesome but the the interview is a bit pointless, sorry for that :( 

15. KazeCrow

KazeCrow The Resistance

I guess your right about that, but it's just to let you know some things that people might ask so I don't end up repeating myself time after time. :lol  I love these faces lol.

16. KazeCrow

KazeCrow The Resistance

Hey Tunakaan that's a sweet sig bro I just can't stop staring at it! It's also one of the clearest pics of soundwave I've seen so far which makes it extra good.

17. urang0o

urang0o Member

head = optimus
    arms%legs = sideswipe
    torso = blackout

18. ChrisIzDaShiz

ChrisIzDaShiz Banned

Great detail, yet the head isn't very Blurr to me, and the feet are too sideswipe-ish.

19. MadHatter

MadHatter Tripredicus Councilman

Blurr always annoyed me beyond all reasoning and Acura only ever made one car I cared about. And yet, I love this design. I think it's overall very original even if the lower legs and especially the blades on the arms draw some comparisons to Sideswipe. But why couldn't two Autobots have a similar taste in weaponry? I also like the proposed story. This may be the first Blurr that I like.

20. hyperdrive89

hyperdrive89 Autobot Seeker

Fantastic alternate mode !!