Transformers big powered giftset review

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TRANNYCHASER, Aug 1, 2009.

1. TRANNYCHASER

TRANNYCHASER Banned

HI just woundering, if anybody" can do a Video review, of this gift set for me or i can,t seem to find an actul online review" any where i tried youtube an nothin i have always wanted to see how these 3 robots go together in there battle" station mode an super jet mode can someone please do a video review for me on youtube or send me some photos of what the toys look like in all 3 modes, big powered battle station mode big powered jet mode as well as i would like to see a video review hope somone can help me out with this one thanks.

2. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

Dude, punctuation. Please.

3. TRANNYCHASER

TRANNYCHASER Banned

Hi i tried to use some puncuation.

4. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Not sure I'm feeling the effort to do a full review, but I own all 3 (Well Roadfire, plus the Yuusha versions of Sonic Bomber and DaiAtlas), and could answer some questions for ya if you want.

Drop me a PM

5. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    OT but Greatest. Username. Ever.

Paging Ghost Prime.

6. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Do or do not. There is no try.

7. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    :lol  x1000

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I don't have the giftset but I have the seperate releases. No camera though. :( 

9. TRANNYCHASER

TRANNYCHASER Banned

thanks everyone but i would still like to see a review of the set thats fine if nobody can do one this must be truly a rare set or item

10. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Never heard of this set.

11. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    The set is rare, but not worth it.

I had one in the past. It's not a cool set at all.

Much white plastic, which is prone to age yellowing.

Bet then again, if you like rare stuff this is completely what you're looking for.

12. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Personally I feel it's a must, but only if you're into microns and micron bases. Plus DaitAtlas is the last real G1 Commander, so if you're a 'Leader Collector' there's that.

Not GREAT toys on their own though, just very important places in history...

D/L

13. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    All I'm interested in is how much the OP is interested in chasing trannies

14. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

I could possibly do a review .

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I own the Brave versions of Dai Atlas and Sonic Bomber, alongside the TF version of Road Fire (got him last year, one year already!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's not really a combination, since all you do is remove Dai Atlas' drill and plug Sonic Bomber into the front instead. Road Fire's front comes off, his legs deploy and you attach the front section to the feet, and then Dai Atlas' wings attach to the sides further back to better include Road Fire in the combination.

It's an utterly huge vehicle, very impressive to look at, and fairly stable too.

The bases can connect as well, in the same way all Micromaster bases hook up, using ramps.

Individually -

Dai Atlas

Big, motorised, fairly impressive. He's billed as having four modes, but I don't really count taking off a couple of parts and flipping the arms around as a fourth mode. That said, the flying drill tank thing mode is awesome, the base mode is a nice outpost / comms relay station, and the robot mode is very tall and bulky looking. Not very poseable, though, all you have are 90 degree elbow swivels and rotation on the shoulders. Considering that was standard for when he came out that is pretty good, but compared to other toys of his size like Star Saber and Overlord, he comes across as a little lacking of features. Sure he's got a nice base mode, and a decent couple of alternate modes, but he doesn't have any other gimmicks like the previous line's leaders do, except for the motors, but I never use those.

Road Fire is pretty awesome. I personally love his tank mode, it is a very nice futuristic design. He doesn't exactly have a base mode - instead you press a button to deploy his legs, which swing up and press down a further button to make his front pop open and eject his Micromaster. It is a very impressive gimmick, when it works. Most of the time, sadly, there's not enough power behind the legs to actually press the button, instead the thing comes to a rest on top of the button. That's the base mode, if you leave it all deployed. It doesn't look much like a base, more like a hi-tech parking garage / servicing bay for Drill Buster.

Robot mode is decent, Road Fire stands about the height of a Voyager, and certainly looks impressive, though he's only really got two points of articulation, and his backpack stops them going too far.

Sonic Bomber is the smallest of the three, and does he ever feel it, too. He's a fighter jet in vehicle mode, and he certainly looks pretty nimble. Nice design, certainly one of the better jet fighters to come out of the Transformers line at the time. His gimmick is to partly autotransform, at the touch of a button, the arms part, swinging down to his side, and the head pops up. Problem is, it triggers on its own all the time. It's the opposite of Road Fire's, I cannot stop this one from working!

Robot mode is pretty decent, probably my least favourite of the three because he's pretty short, his head is very flat, and the legs are just his wings. But there is still a certain charm to him, and he's certainly no worse than a lot of the other TFs out at the time. He's just not held up as well with age compared to the other two.

He does also have a base mode, it's effectively a big ramp with the arms providing somewhere for the gun to go.

To finish up, here's a few pics:

Road Fire

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brave Dai Atlas and Sonic Bomber (Goryu and Hiryu)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Goryu and Hiryu, linked up with Dagbase (Grandus remold) and Fire Dagwon's base mode:

[​IMG]

Close up of Hiryu and Goryu:

[​IMG]

And here's a bonus, a look at Dagbase in base mode. Dagbase didn't come with the original Micromaster, but five small PVC toys of the five main characters from the series it was featured in:

[​IMG]

16. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Just wondering, does Hiryus/Goryu's Micromasters go anywhere in Robot/Vehicle forms?

17. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure exactly what you're looking for... I've never seen the use un just about any video review. Here's a clear shot of Zone mode so you can see how they go together... Dai Atlas comes with two orange Micrmaster ramps that lock onto his wings when they are upside down in base mode, and there's spots on Sonic Bomber and RF for the ramps, alotho RF's ramp spot is a bit flimsy, and has no pass-through traffic.:

[​IMG]
    Feature-wise, the turret mount with the micrmaster spins, and Atlas's treads move and function as moving floor platform/escalator things. The ramps on the backs of Atlas's shoulders can be tipped up to roll figures, and a Micromaster can be put in the 'garage' in the center of the base (Atlas's belly really).
    The figures are solid and some of my favorites... Big Powered mode is a beast, in the same vein as the Victory Saber jet mode.

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Goryu / Dai Atlas has a pair of compartments, one on the rear, and one in the middle, where a Micromaster can stand / be stored. The rear compartment is the one you're looking for, it's show accurate to Might Gaine for where Joe hooks up the car.

Hiryu / Sonic Bomber has no such function, only one of the three who does not. Roadfire can store a Micromaster in his forward section in vehicle mode, and this carries over as his backpack in robot mode.

19. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Thanks Sol Fury.