Transformers Beast Wars TM Depthcharge

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by MisterFanwank, Oct 8, 2011.

1. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    I checked the index, he's not in there.

My video review: Transformers Beast Wars Transmetal Depth Charge Review - YouTube

While I think he has a nice sculpt, his back kibble is WAAAY too much. If he didn't have that disc launcher gimmick, it probably could have slid in closer to his body. As it is, he just falls over all the time and I quite dislike him.

His beast mode is pretty nice, though. Nice and shiny, plenty of detail. His "vehicle" mode is probably one of the weakest ever since it doesn't even look like something that can function in any capacity.

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How? He's ridiculously stable because the tail forms a tripod.

3. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

His vehicle mode is fairly well represented on the show. I don't see it as any less valid than any of the Transmetal third modes.

And even with his tail completely removed I find he balances incredibly well.

4. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    Maybe it's just mine, and I did lose the tail a long time ago.

5. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    This shouldn't have been moved. I already have a video thread for this figure in the video review forums and this was meant to be his general feedback thread. I just posted a link to his video review because I hadn't taken any pictures yet.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    All video reviews go in this section. Regular feedback forum is for text & photo reviews.

7. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    *facepalm*

I think I understand this place, and then I don't.

8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    While he's always been one of my favorites, I definitely get what you're saying about his possibility is limited by weight issues. However at the same time, the tail solves most of these issues, and the fact that he's already quite short & spread out means that crouching poses won't look too out of place. I do wish that his head was on a ball joint (to be able to look straight ahead when balanced like this, but considering all of the other positive attributes, it's fair.

I mean when it comes to the ascetics, even the paint on his wings & gray plastic looks great (there's really nothing about him that screams low quality for the sake of high production), and I've always found his transformation to be very clever. Yeah, the gimmick does hinder the way his back reacts in robot mode, but as you mentioned, it made for a very fun toy when we were kids, and it's not like it's sacrificing that much for people who mainly keep their stuff on display when they're older.