Transformers Beast Wars Gigastorm Trypticon

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by brollicon, Dec 20, 2008.

1. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

hello just wanted to know from anyone out there is Transformers Beast Wars Gigastorm Trypticon Megastorm a real takara transformer or a knock off of trypticon from g1 series

2. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's real, though it's a remold and recolor, not a straight-up repackaged Trypticon (which I'd hoped at first, since they're considerably cheaper than Trypticon).

3. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
  4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes on both counts (sort of). :) 

5. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah... he doesn't come with much in terms of the city accessories but he's pretty cool and a cheaper alternative to Trypticon.

6. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Not to mention he's got a big honkin horn on him.

Personally, I've never seen any cheapness on a Sonoking production toy, packaging and cards yes, but toy, no. In fact, as is my understanding, some Sonoking are actually Takara factory extras boxed in the Korean packaging. At any rate, the rest (or all if the above statement is false) are a legitimate later run in different packaging and whatnot as the Takara versions.

Most of the QC problems I've heard about Sonoking were also QC problems on the Takara versions as well, like with Metals Air Razor's tabs and whatnot.

7. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh yeah I meant to mention the version I have is the Sonoking version and unless you're uber-picky about quality in the minute areas then you'll enjoy it.

I've played around with it enough times to not notice anything, significant or minute.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've got lots of Sonokong Brave toys, and they are all mostly as good as the originals. A few have mold degradation, since Sonokong works the molds real hard with extra production runs.

Mostly though you've nothing to worry about. Sonokong Gigastorm toys should be as good as Takara Gigastorms. They're a great alternative to Trypticon if you don't have the cash and don't mind not having the city mode parts.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    wait i thought he was expensiver because he's a japanese exclusive?

10. Apeface

Apeface cares not for gophers

Honestly, I would hold out for a decent priced Trypticon. I got a mint one off someone on the boards here for less than that Gigastorm. The ending prices on ebay don't look too high either.

11. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I've got a few Sonokong products and have had no problems with them. Other than they put random tech cards with them and you may not get the one you need.

12. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I've bought a few Sonokong products and some paint have been a bit 'icky' and also for whatever reasons the Super Guardion has a black head (WTF?) and the stickers being of varying quality. But even still the toys are pretty much standard quality. They wont fall apart on you like KOs.

13. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

Before I got my my G1 Trypticon, I was considering getting a Gigastorm. But if you really want a Trypticon, don't accept substitutes and if you put some good effort, you can totally find an affordable Trypticon in decent shape around the price of a new Gigastorm. I did.

14. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    COUPLE OF THINGS:

mainly..trypticon has this cool metal ball bearing in each leg...gigastorm does not...it is molded plastic...my trypticon walks much faster and quieter than my gigastorm...the gigastorm sounds like the motor wants to explode...otherwise joints tight and it feels as sturdy trypticon....