Transformers/Beast Wars DVD questions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by BlueFlame, Jan 21, 2007.

1. BlueFlame

BlueFlame Well-Known Member

First of all, does anyone know when Sony is putting out the G1 DVDs? I heasrd they were coming out soon.

Second, anyone know where I can find the original Rhino boxsets for a decent price?

Third, do any of the G1 or Beast Wars have commentaries on them? How about the BW discs? Or Beast Machines for that matter.

Or if you can just direct me to a good page that reviews all these sets, that would help too. :) 

Thanks

2. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

The Beast Machines DVD set has episode commentary by Bob Skir for some episodes. Can't talk for Beast Wars as I don't own the set.

Rhino sets are hard to come buy but maybe Ebay has some. Although on Ebay they tend to be the Chinese 98 episodes+Movie Tin set

And the G1 DVDs by Sony are coming out sometime this summer I believe

3. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    no commentary on the Beast Wars DVDs, thought Forward and Ditillio have conducted so many interviews with fans over the years, I'm pretty sure anything you'd want to know about an episode can be found.

the Rhino box sets for G1 are out of print, so your best bet is really searching local comic shops and movie stores that might still have them in stock. anyone on ebay is probably charging more than they're worth considering that Sony is re-issuing them.

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    The Australian region 4 Beast Wars DVD sets from Madman Entertainment have commentary by Ben Yee, Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio (specifically episodes they wrote or had a big hand in, or episodes they deem important to comment upon, I believe).

They were released in box sets of Seasons 1, 2 and 3. Extras include animatics and model tests from Mainframe, interviews with Bob and Larry and convention panels of some of the voice actors. The season 3 boxset has a bonus commentary track with Gary Chalk, Scott McNeill and Alec Willows, I believe, for the first two episodes of Beast Wars.

Ben Yee stated in a review that the video transfer for the Madman set is better than the Rhino set, because Mainframe is a PAL production house, while the US uses NTSC. Because the video transfer is left untouched for the Madman set, you get a better quality picture.

Ben's review of season 1.

5. BlueFlame

BlueFlame Well-Known Member

No commentaries except for Beast Machines, eh? Well, at least they have some.

So the G1 and Beast Wars sets have lots of Bonus features, though? That's good.