Transformers: Battle Universe

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Takao, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's a blast from the past. Transformers: Battle Universe is a 1 on 1 fighting game for the Tiger Electronics (Hasbro) NetJet released in 2007. I recently dug up my NetJet, and was able to grab some gameplay (the first I believe has ever been seen of this game):

Transformers: Battle Universe NetJet Gameplay - YouTube

I'll try to unlock more characters and locations so I can take some vids of them too.

2. uglymike

uglymike New Member

It looks like it handles like a shopping cart but I'm intrigued.

3. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Makes Rise of the Robots look like Tekken.

4. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Avatar by Pinpoint

to think I actually wanted to pick this game up when I saw it in a store, only thing that stopped me was that they didn't have the actual system. I am glad I don't have it honestly

5. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure why the gameplay portion of the video is squished into the top left. I'm guessing it's to do with the resolution I'm recording at versus the resolution of the game.

Yeah, the game's quite limited in what you can do... It does make G1 Megatron really look ridiculous in Adventure Mode though, haha.

6. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    I still feel like this was not worth the 10 bucks I spent on it back in the day.

7. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    I found my old net jet yesterday and decided to try it again.

I FINALLY unlocked all the characters on Transformers: Battle Universe. Not sure what I did right this time, but I got gold on all the matches I played again and unlike before where it did not unlock anything, I finally unlocked everyone. Now I just need to unlock the last 3 remaining arenas. Beast Wars Megatron seems to be the hardest opponent. I have a method for earning Gold where I vehicle attack 4 times at the beginning of each match, waiting and timing it so when the enemy jumps back towards you they get hit with your attack blast. This quickly wears down my enemy and then I just punch them to death. Easy Gold. Gold seems to be based on how much health you retain/how little you get hit in both rounds. Going to a 3rd round will eliminate the 2 round bonus points and not allow you to score Gold.

Though the service has been discontinued, if you had installed the games on your PC, you have the files and everything to run it. So, if someone happens to share the files online, and you have the controller & keys for the corresponding games, you can still play them. I wish Hasbro would put the keyed games on their site again for download. Folks would still need to buy the system and corresponding keys to play the games, since without them, the files are unplayable (they are strongly encrypted). The only thing that no longer works is the web browser/web site for playing/buying the demo games that never came on keys.