Transformers: Awakening

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Galvanitro, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Transformers: Awakening

________________________________________________​

Prologue:

"Fire all engines! Accelerate the transwarp level!" Autobot strategist Prowl yelled to the Autobots inside of the golden shuttle Atheron. Standing in the center of the ship was the Autobot military commander, Optimus Prime, "We have to escape these Decepticons. This ship isn't built for combat!"

The ship shook again from laser fire.

"Raise all backward shields," Optimus yelled.
    "The shield's are out, sir!" An Autobot scout yelled back to him.

Optimus looked at Prowl, and was about to give another order, when the ship rocked heavily, and an explosion erupted from the back of the shuttle, sending an blue and white Autobot named Mirage flying through the doorway. He slid across the floor, not moving. Prowl bent down and checked him. "He's in stasis lock. Shock of the explosion must've knocked him out!"

"Transwarp activating!" Optimus' head snapped to the Autobot who had said that.

"But one of the engines just ex-" He didn't have time to finish, as the ship shuddered and shook as the transwarp drives activated. The ship was hurtled through space, but completely out of control, spinning and twisting.

It was sheer luck that it never collided with anything or ran into any stars.

"Shut off the engines!" Optimus shouted, barely hanging onto his console as they spun around. The ship's metal groaned, threatening to tear apart.

Bathed in a flashing red light from the alarm sirens, Optimus reached for the emergency shut-off level. He grasped it firmly, and pulled. All power in the ship was turned off, plunging it into darkness, lit only by the stars as the ship returned from hyperspace. It continued to spin and twist through space, hurtling toward a planet. The sides of the ship began glowing from entering the atmosphere.

Optimus' fingers couldn't hold on any longer, just as he let go of his support, the ship impacted into solid ground. Rocks began crashing through the glass windows. Rocks hit Optimus as he flew backward impacting with console. His eyes flickered for a short time before going out.

(Please comment and give feedback! More to come!)

2. Fisitronus

Fisitronus Wrecker

:popcorn  Great start! Can't wait for more! :)  :popcorn 

3. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    This sounds like it'll be good. I'm looking forward to reading more! :) 

4. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    ~Thanks, guys! One little note I want to make, is the first couple chapters are going to be written in more of a broad style, covering multiple characters emotions and thoughts. Future sections of chapters will focus on single characters, allowing for more in-depth thought and emotional responses.

__________________________________________________​

Chapter 1:

200 years later...September 29th, 2011

Music played loudly in a garage just off the main road. The doors and windows were open, and a girl was singing with the music.

"Any way you want it, that's the way you need it, any way you want it! She loves to laugh, she loves to sing, she loves everything...hey, Derek, get over here with the wrench." Kara Tranor called out to her friend, Derek Carter. Kara was working on the engine of Derek's truck for the fourth time this month. If he blew it one more time, she was going to start charging him.

The two were inside of her father's auto shop. When Kara wasn't in high school, a senior like Derek, she was either hiking one of the many trails on the outskirts of town or working in the shop. This afternoon was no different. Kara was fixing Derek's truck so they could drive out to hike.

"Derek! Get over here!" Derek sprang up from the back of the truck.

"Sorry, I was tightening the license plate."
    "If you don't come over and give that wrench to me, the whole engine casing is going to fall out. I'm just holding it up with three fingers."
    "OH!"

Derek rushed toward her. He had short, dark almost-black brown hair, and vibrant blue eyes, dressed in a brown jacket over a white t-shirt and jeans. Kara on the other hand, had long dirty blond hair, and unusually shaded green eyes, and was wearing a tight green tank top and khaki shorts.

Derek handed her the wrench. Grasping it with her free right hand, she plunged it down in, getting it on the bolt, and began tightening it. Kara smiled up at him, and took her hand out, holding the wrench. She shook her left hand as she moved to the workbench.

"Please don't keep me waiting next time. Ouch," She said, setting the wrench down.

"Sorry, Kara. You know you look really great today." Kara turned her head and smiled, "Thank you, you look great too."

Derek's mouth opened and then closed like he was about to say more, then decided against it. Kara wiped off her arms with a rag. Grabbing the truck's keys, she tossed them to him.

"Please, don't kill it again. I can't keep patching that part over and over."
    "It wasn't my fault, a guy got on my bumper and I needed to speed up, and the engine over did it and blew. It shouldn't happen again," Derek replied as he got into the driver seat.

------------

"We should totally try this trail, Kara," Derek said with a laugh. Kara shook her head, "We've never done it, and it hasn't been cleared by the park officials after that big rain storm. The path might not be stable."

Derek stood in front of the path entrance in question, located in the middle of Kearson Park, about ten miles from town, more specifically, Renault, Virginia.

"But you love taking risks."
    "When I control and know of the risks. We don't know what the path is like or where it goes. I'm not dressed for falling into a river."
    "Now I really want to go." Kara stuck her tongue out at him playfully as she came close to him.

It was common knowledge that Derek was in love with her. She really liked him, she had even thought about it sometimes, and had even thought that she might love him too, but she didn't think about it often, because he meant a lot to her as a friend.

"Fine, we'll do the trail, but you have to walk in front in any parts that look unstable."
    "Deal." The two began walking down the trail.

"So, how was football practice yesterday?" Kara asked. Derek smiled, "Pretty good. We think we might be able to beat the Firebirds. I caught a few awesome balls, and...yeah, that was about it."

Derek was wide receiver for the high school football team, the Renault Runners.

"Sorry that I wasn't able to be there. Dad had to visit Grandma, so I had to run the shop."
    "Hey, it's cool, Kara. I completely understand. You don't need to come every time. That's what cheerleaders are for."
    "Don't you dare start that! I cheer in the stands for you."

Kara used to be a cheerleader before she had a leg injury. Had to stop for a month, and then just decided not to continue. She just didn't care about it anymore.

They got to a steep hillside, that looked heavily eroded from the rain. "Okay, brave man, out in front."

Derek started walking backward, looking at her.

"Oh come on, it's staaaaa-!" He shouted out as the ground beneath them broke and cracked, crumbling beneath their feet. They began falling and tumbling down the rocks. Derek grabbed out and was able to reach Kara, pulling her toward him in an attempt to protect her. They continued falling for many meters, getting battered and hit by rocks falling around and on them. Suddenly, they hit a hard surface, stopping their movement.

5. SavageThunder

SavageThunder 11th Doctor's Huntress

shows great promise! like it!:popcorn 

6. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Chapter 2:

Kara groaned, pushing away rocks that were on top of her. "Derek, I don't want to say it."

Derek crawled over to her and nodded, "Say it."
    "I told you so. Are you hurt?"

"Not seriously, you?" Kara began to get up, and nodded, standing up, before almost falling down again. He quickly got up and grabbed her, "You're not okay."

"It's my leg," Kara said with a wince. Derek put an arm around her waist, and she did the same. Together they began walking.

They were in some kind of cavern, Kara thought. Lots of light came from the hole they made, and from other small holes around.

"Holy cow..." Derek whispered. Turning her head, Kara's eyes widened. Sitting in front of them was the apparent wreckage of a huge spaceship, like something out of a movie.

"If something jumps out of there, you better pray it kills you first, Derek." Derek winced, and the two walked closer to it. The ship was angled down, so they were able to walk into the cockpit without any issues. Kara gasped. Laying around the wreckage was several large robotic bodies. "Kara, I don't think any of these will be jumping out at us..."

Kara looked around the area, noticing a faintly glowing computer. "Look!"

Together they moved over to it. Looking at the enormous keyboard in front of them, obviously made for the robots, Kara searched for something that looked like an enter key. Finding it, she pressed it down. Light sources in the wreckage began flickering and glowing as the computer activated.

"Teletraan X restarting. Calibration out-of-sync. Autobot crew inactive. Scanning." Metal creaked and groaned as two arms came out of the sides of the computer. Each one had little sensors on them, and the wreckage was scanned. "Two active Cybertronian signals. One in stasis, one in stasis lock requiring repairs. Repair functionality unavailable. Not enough power. Reactivating Autobot in stasis. Record: Name: Optimus Prime. Function: Autobot Commander....Current location: Unknown. Assuming hostile location until otherwise known. Scanning for new alternate form." A small drone popped out of the side of the computer and flew into the air. One of the arms then got close to a large red and blue robot, shooting a beam into his chest.

The body jumped and shifted slightly. Kara and Derek could hear the power in him reactivating, as his eyes flickered until they were on. They looked back at the computer when it began talking again. "Vehicular scan complete. Alternate mode selected."

Before the robot was completely activated, another beam of energy was shot into his head from the other arm. Parts began shifting and moving around on the robot. It lasted for about a minute. Kara and Derek just stood in awe, as the robot began standing up. The parts finally shifted into their new places, and he looked around.

"Prowl! Sta-....." He barely mumbled out the rest of status and report. He turned around looking at the wreckage, at the other Autobots, all dead.

"Prowl..." He whispered leaning down to look at his dead second-in-command laying near him. "I'm sorry."

Suddenly, he heard a few small noises. Turning his waist, he saw two small creatures...humans of Earth, he believed. Crawling over to them, he said, "Do not be afraid...I am Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots...I won't hurt you."

7. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    Great chapter, I'm looking forward to reading the next!