Transformers Autographs Values

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Paladin, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If there's anyone who knows anything about the possible value of autographs, I'd appreciate some help with this matter.

I'm curious about what-if anything- these items are worth.

[​IMG]

Names in question are-

*Robert Stack
    *Judd Nelson
    *Lionel Stander
    *Casey Kasam
    *John Moschitta
    *Eric Idle
    *Jim Byrnes
    *Scott McNeil

2. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no clue...... hard to put a value on such things...

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Whatever someone is willing to pay for them. There's no legit way to track value on autographed items. One fan or collector might be willing to pay top dollar, while another might just want it for the actual item that was autographed.

I never understood buying autographed items. Even with a certificate of authenticity, I still tend to question their validity. The whole fun of autographs and collecting them is getting them in person. The only time I would even consider buying an autographed item is if it was some out of print item I couldn't find otherwise, but I personally would never buy anything autographed simply for the autograph alone.

I suppose the Botcon schedule and the foreign TFTM litho might have some value even if they weren't autographed, but it appears you have an issue there with fire/smoke damage. And that will make them a hard sell no matter what.

4. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I was in a shop a few years back that had some autographed note cards like you have here. They sold from anywhere from $1-$10+ depending on the celebrity. I'd say most of your cards would be around $5 or so.

The actual autographed items would go for considerably more if they weren't damaged.

These are just my approximations... take them with a grain of salt.

Also, I think autographs are cool. Probably cooler if you got some in person, but I've never had that opportunity in this hobby. And even if they aren't authentic, I usually try not to overspend.

5. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

^^^What he said. The selling value for your items probably isn't very high, because some appear to be damaged. The better-kept ones, like the Robert Stack signature, seem to be on a simple card. The autographs that sell for lots of money are mint-condition, usually framed, large-sized photos, usually whole cast photos, with signatures. Example: at Star Trek conventions, a signed 24-inch-long cast portrait of pretty much any Star Trek version cast will sell for like $500.

If I were you, I'd just keep the autographs. I'd think they would mean more to you, in terms of emotions and nostalgia, than the money they might sell for. Come on, man. You have a Robert Stack signature! That's cool!

6. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

As the Lord Of Tetris said, you should keep them. These autographs are really rare, I mean some of those people aren't even alive anymore, but money is common

7. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Those are sweet. You should get them all professionally mounted and set in a nice frame. Very cool stuff.

8. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

I'd say keep the autographs and frame them. Holy moly, you got Jim Byrnes and Robert Stack's sigs, how awesome is that!

9. sixshot2K

sixshot2K Soundwave is #1!

Robert Stack=lots of money cuz hes dead

10. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll echo everyone else's comments and say you probably wouldn't get that much for them, and should keep them for your own collection. They're neat!

11. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would have thought Eric Idle's would be worth quite a lot