Transformers Armada Question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by hulk23869, Dec 24, 2010.

1. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

I wanna start watching Armada on Youtube. How does the continuity go for this series? I remember Armada being first, and then energon and cybertron. is that right? Were there any other series mixed with that continuity? How many episodes are there total and any movies? If there are a bunch of episodes maybe buying the dvds would be a better way to go, don't want to strain myself too much on the computer screen.

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Yup you got the continuity right. No movies or anything extra is needed. But tbh Energon isnt that great. Theres like 50 episodes in each series.

3. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    52 in each series ya mean.

In total, there are 156 episodes.

4. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I wasnt being exact.

5. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Personally, I disagree. It does have its moments.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I felt that Energon started well, but went to Hell after the first few episodes. IMO Armada did the exact opposite; it was awful for a long time, but the last 20 or so episodes are excellent.

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    154, actually. Energon had one episode that wasn't translated from Superlink and Cybertron condensed the first two episodes of Galaxy Force into one.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Something to remember if you start watching the series is that Cybertron (a.k.a. "Galaxy Force" in Japan) wasn't originally meant to be part of what is now known as the Unicron Trilogy, but was tacked on at the end for the American series. That's why there's such a difference between the end of Energon and the start of Cybertron.

Oh, and Energon's original version; "Super Link" as it was known in Japan, is MUCH better than the American dub. You'll need subtitles to watch the Japanese version if you don't know the language but the story does make more sense and Kicker isn't nearly as annoying.

9. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    But they made up for that by redubbing Episode 2 as the last episode...

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Did they? I never actually finished watching Cybertron. I'd already seen Galaxy Force and I didn't feel like getting up at 5am to watch it dubbed with silly accents.

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    It's less incoherent, but it still suffers from horrible pacing, meandering, dragged out plots, character de-evolution, lack of establishing shots, blatant toy advertising with no purpose to the plot (CARS DRIVING THROUGH SPACE) and stock transformation sequences (which, granted, aren't as horrific as they are in Cybertron).

12. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

Ok, so I found out that my library has all these dvds, so I picked them up. Watched 9 episodes of armada so far and it stinks. Is it worth it to keep watching? I really want to see unicron, but not if it stinks.

13. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It gets worse before it gets better, but it does get better.

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    armada overall is good, the start is eh but the ending is SUPERB!

energon started GREAT but ended crapilly

cybertron, is just a bunch of meh, it isn't bad, it just isn't amazing

15. Seeker Lord

Seeker Lord Well-Known Member

So true what is being said Armada is a stinkfest to start but by the last season becomes becomes epic. Energon starts good with a continuation and the just goes limp. Cybertron is like the Gullivers travels of TF, little stories the make up the big picture but in general did not suck.

16. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Since transformer cartoons are nothing more than 20 minute adverts and not intended to be superb mindblowing narratives I have no problem at all with Micron Legend, Super Link and Galaxy Force.

I loved the transformation stock footage used in Galaxy Force, yes it may have been used too much but it sure as hell made me want to get the toys so I could do the same dynamic transformations or yell "Galaxy Convoy! SUPAH MODE!!" over and over again.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  17. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

The whole trilogy sucked the hairy monkey balls. With Armada being the shitstorm of fail due to it's horrible toys. Energon toys were pretty fun, what with the gestalting gimmick for the Autobots, but Armada toys had all the articulation and fun of bricks.

Cybertron toys were okay, some of them were down right awesome, like Optimus Prime and Galvatron, but were for the most part turds.

I did dig on some of the Energon and Cybertron homages, I love my Laserwave, and my Metroplex, and Tidal Wave was an unexpectedly sweet toy.

But these three stories were so frakin' drawn out and boring as watching paint dry, never did they recapture the magic of the 1986 movie's Unicron battle.

It was also nice to finally get a Unicron and a Primus, after reading/watching about those two for 20+ years.

18. Latias Prime

Latias Prime I'm only slightly crazy!

Keep watching Armada. It may not have the magic of G1, the good writing of Beast Wars or Animated or even the eye candy of Bayformers, but it has it's moments and does start to pick up pace after the first few episodes. the only thing is the humans are too annoying and remain so thoughout the series, but you can just fast-forward through their parts. Energon is really blah, don't even bother with it unless you want to see the whole trilogy. Cybertron is just meh. It's not good, it's not bad, just okay. Plus the animation in Energon and Cybertron is pretty bad, while Armada has a cool Gundam-ish anime style going. Stick with it and you might start to like it.

19. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    maybe i'm just easy to please, but i didn't find the Unicron Trilogy unwatchable at all. i mean it wasn't GREAT head to toe, like i felt about Animated. But i loved watching it in both English and Japanese with subtitles.

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    IMO that sums it up pretty darn well, yes.